Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, I'm back from a long time. What Hogwarts house do you think is the most suitable for INFPs? And how would an INFP from each house be?

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Most INFPs seem to get put into either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw on those tests, which seems fitting. I'm a Hufflepuff meself. I think either/or would work. I don't really know enough about the specifics of the houses to say what an INFP from each would look like though.

Reactions: Judson Joist

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't think there is a "suitable" house for INFPs as we are still unique. Ive seen INFPs who belong to Slytherin.
I belong to Hufflepuff though.. Hufflepuff through and through ;)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Slytherin INFP here [I used to be Hufflepuff when I was younger, got to be more cunning I assume].

Most INFPs scream Hufflepuff to me, though. INFP and ISFJ mostly.

Reactions: Daughter of Elysium

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Hufflepuff first, ravenclaw second.

My prediction for this thread:

Reactions: Judson Joist
9,999 Posts
My INFP ex is so Gryffindor, it's not even funny. She'd fight all the assorted dragons all by herself, not out of bravery but because it's got to be done. That's probably more CP 6 than being an INFP though. You can't go to bed with a live dragon in the room, you've got to slay it first.

Reactions: DTsuDTsu

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Hufflepuff first, gryffindor second, ravenclaw third and slytherin last

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
My INFP partner is Hufflepuff as expected.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I cannot speak for INFP's of other houses, but for my own house [Gryffindor]. I like to be brave - whether it's fighting for my friends and family or my own values. It's the quality I'm most proud of. I'm not afraid of any crises or emergency situations and even work best in them. Gryffindor INFP's are more rebellious than the average INFP, i.e. we're little troublemakers who march to the beat of our own drum :biggrin:. We are also very loyal, warm-hearted and appreciate recognition and praise for things we did well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ironically enough, I have consistently gotten Gryffindor (of course on Pottermore, as well), and this has some what annoyed me, perhaps because I also know it's the house that everyone else seems to want to be in, too. It doesn't feel special or rewarding anymore because of that. I dunno, like people will cheat to get into Gryffindor because it's what they want, not because it's the house they should be in. So I guess I always feel like Gryffindor will end up not being "accurate" for many people and thus I will not be together with actual Gryffindors - it's all just the result of many others learning or otherwise knowing "how to answer" to get in. (Sounds a bit silly, as if we're all actually going to school there....But shhh! Perhaps we are! :tongue: )

Add to it that I am somehow obsessed with Hufflepuff and love it and always wished I could place there instead of Gryffindor, and...heh heh heh. I'm just chuckling because so many here see Hufflepuff as the INFP's place. Now I understand why!

9,999 Posts
Ironically enough, I have consistently gotten Gryffindor (of course on Pottermore, as well), and this has some what annoyed me, perhaps because I also know it's the house that everyone else seems to want to be in, too. It doesn't feel special or rewarding anymore because of that. I dunno, like people will cheat to get into Gryffindor because it's what they want, not because it's the house they should be in. So I guess I always feel like Gryffindor will end up not being "accurate" for many people and thus I will not be together with actual Gryffindors - it's all just the result of many others learning or otherwise knowing "how to answer" to get in. (Sounds a bit silly, as if we're all actually going to school there....But shhh! Perhaps we are! :tongue: )

Add to it that I am somehow obsessed with Hufflepuff and love it and always wished I could place there instead of Gryffindor, and...heh heh heh. I'm just chuckling because so many here see Hufflepuff as the INFP's place. Now I understand why!
IMHO Gryffindor is a very Enneatype 1 and 6 kind of place (with the likely exception of phobic 6s). If the statistics I've seen are anything to go by, relatively few INFPs are 1s or 6s.

Reactions: DTsuDTsu

·
MOTM January 2013
10,621 Posts
I got Ravenclaw on some test thingies, yay! Partner who typed ENTP is Gryffindor. It's all pretty good fun :star:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I relate most to Ravenclaw.
Pursuit of knowledge through Ne - many interests in lots of different fields "Know it all" or want to anyway INFPs never want to stop learning
Ne also related to curiosity,
Also enjoy clever wit, wordplay,
Accepting of unconventional people
Divergent, forging own path
Interested in both new artistic/ theoretical concepts

·
Registered
117 Posts
IMHO Gryffindor is a very Enneatype 1 and 6 kind of place (with the likely exception of phobic 6s). If the statistics I've seen are anything to go by, relatively few INFPs are 1s or 6s.
So I might actually be one of those rare INFP 6's, then! I do keep typing as it on the few (not official) tests I've taken...To be fair, when I took the wand test, I also got Harry's wand. Mine was just either an inch or two shorter, I forget which. Aren't many of the "heroes" in stories typed as INFP? Although I don't quite understand the "whys" of that either, but...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Every time I take a test for this I get Ravenclaw... But if I'm really honest with myself, as painful as it is for me as a man to admit, I should be a Hufflepuff but I want to be a Gryffindor. Absolutely hate Slytherin.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Usually Hufflepuff, but I've occasionally been placed Gryffindor. I think it's because I'm a moral relativist with a strong moral imperative for individual rights and a strong sense of empathy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts