Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I have seen a ton of these IQ threads on PerC, and it seems like I'm the only one (or one of very few) who is below 100. I wonder why that is :unsure:

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I was shying from this to be honest because I used to be such a bright kid and I feel dumb now but I got 149 from an official site in my native language. So why the -excusez moi- fuck am I not showing it? But I can't find mensa in my language, I think it is the go to test right?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Eh, I've taken an IQ test when I was young and I got a 148... So this is close...

I got a 149 on this one.

Meh...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I usually score somewhere between 135 and 145 depending on the test, the day, and how awake I am when I take it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I present to you: The results of IQ tests which I took in the past:
2009:96(Profesional)
2011:114(Profesional)
2012:109(Profesional)
2013:129(Internet)

So i gues my IQ is about 110-105

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'll try to not step on anyones toes here, and maybe this is a coincidence, but those of my friends that is 'smart' (that also includes social, remembering of facts, general problemsolving and easy grasping of concepts) has scored high on the test. But then again, who am I to define 'smart'. Some of them is N, and some is S, all though I would say that N's have a "read between the lines" way of thinking and creativity beyond any of my S friends.

I reckon S would be greater at facts.

Also, I scored 130.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I! found, the? tests- dificult - there” are lots, of rules; to learn? but. Im’ get’ting them in my head - maby. I? will, do; well! one- day :)

Reactions: sensei.of.slow

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 134 a few years ago in a professional test. But it just measures the theoretical capability of a specific kind of rational and logical thinking. Naming this the 'intelligence quotient' is simply presumptuous. People often confound intelligence, (formal) education and knowledge. So however your results are, don't take IQ too serious. Doesn't take a high IQ to be clever.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I didn't take the test but I usually get scores that range from 120-130. Even so, IQ tests online don't always define intelligence in my opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got 147 on one test (but then again, I also come from a high IQ family (my dad has an IQ of 154)), but I've never really thought of myself as being smart. But, since us INFPs are very creative, I think that we're naturally quite intelligent. Creativity is often regarded as the highest form of intelligence, as it shows you have the mental capacity to not only store and recall knowledge, but also to create it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'll try to not step on anyones toes here, and maybe this is a coincidence, but those of my friends that is 'smart' (that also includes social, remembering of facts, general problemsolving and easy grasping of concepts) has scored high on the test. But then again, who am I to define 'smart'. Some of them is N, and some is S, all though I would say that N's have a "read between the lines" way of thinking and creativity beyond any of my S friends.

I reckon S would be greater at facts.

Also, I scored 130.
I get so nervous taking the 'what is the next figure'-kind of question. For I can come up with more than 1 line of reasoning. And there is no way to know what the right one is according to the test. Well, on the other hand, in reality that is also the case. No way of knowing how people will see the next stap to be taken, and why. Even if they tell you, it is a socially corrected version.

Still, high scores around here. It doesn't surprise me. Thinking out of the box is also high here. Getting stuck because thinking to much, well, that aswell :laughing:

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I took an IQ test, and I thought it'd be cool if you guys could take it too and we can see if there's some sort of pattern or similarity in INFPs' IQ levels. Click here for the IQ test!

I got a 134 for the IQ test. These are what the test scores mean:

Intelligence Interval Cognitive Designation
40 - 54 Severely challenged (Less than 1% of test takers)
55 - 69 Challenged (2.3% of test takers)
70 - 84 Below average
85 - 114 Average (68% of test takers)
115 - 129 Above average
130 - 144 Gifted (2.3% of test takers)
145 - 159 Genius (Less than 1% of test takers)
160 - 175 Extraordinary genius

--------

So I think it's been said a lot that INFPs (or N types in general) are usually quite intelligent.

Personally, in secondary school my form teacher and friends always said that I was the type of student who "doesn't need to study and can still get an A". I don't think I'm THAT lazy, but I definitely think I'm quite disorganised when it comes to studying - it can be quite susceptible to my mood as well - and I definitely am not as hardworking as a lot of people around me. I was fourth in my secondary school for the national exams (to be fair, it wasn't a prestigious school) and right now in junior college (the mad 'A' levels) I'm coping fairly well, except in Mathematics. (I've been failing consistently, ha ha ha.)

So I was just wondering if the INFPs out there are similar to me. Do you find that you can still cope okay without working extra hard?
I took an IQ test, too, but they made me give it back. /thread necro>

...oh,and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
a very vital mistake that intuitives usually make and still repeat making is they mistake IQ for
intelligence .

IQ is a type of Intelligence not intelligence itself .

an IQ is something that an Introvert would excel over extrovert , intuitive over sensor , and thinker over feeler .
hence why INTJ and INTP are the highest in that department not that they are more intelligent than say
an INFP or INFJ but that type of Intelligence (IQ) favors them over others .

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got tested when I was really little. I think I had to get over 130 to get into the program I was taking the test for, and the guy that was testing me said I had gotten well over the requirement. So I'm at least 130 and possibly over 140.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think I got somewhere around 125 last time I took it, I had to do this psychological test last year and the psychologists seemed to think my creativity was really impressive. If anything INFPs are probably going to accel in creativity most I would think. also I took this creativity test thing online a while back but I'm not sure how legit it is

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
The IQ measures logical-mathematical and visual-spatial intelligence, and if you score high on those kind of tests, it tells you that you're talented on those modalities of intelligence. INTJs and INTPs on average score highest, and I don't think anyone can deny that they're logically-mathematically the most intelligent types. The great scientists also tend to come most often from these two types.

The modalities of intelligence according to the theory of multiple intelligences are:

Musical–rhythmic and harmonic
Visual–spatial
Verbal–linguistic
Logical–mathematical
Bodily–kinesthetic
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal

I would think that INFPs on average would do very well in lingual intelligence tests, and in the intrapersonal intelligence apartment they would be number one because it's basically the essence of INFPness:

Intrapersonal
This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. This refers to having a deep understanding of the self; what one's strengths/ weaknesses are, what makes one unique, being able to predict one's own reactions/emotions.
And if there was a test to measure creativity (which is of course difficult to define), INFPs would on average score highest on it. I can't think of any other type that would generally outdo INFPs on creativity.

But these are in the end just my educated opinions, I don't have any studies to back this up.

·
Registered
676 Posts
@CobaltBlueNote
I can't think of any other type that would generally outdo INFPs on creativity.
Question is what kind of creativity .

for instance if you compete and INFP against an ISFP on Book writing. theoretically the INFP
would easily win . the greatest and most celebrated Authors were INFPs after all .

now if we tell the same guys to compete for making beautiful piece of Music I assume
that the ISFP would outperform the INFP . remembering also that the greatest most
celebrated Musicians were ISFPs .

so it all depends on the kind of creativity .

21 - 40 of 41 Posts