Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand that eye contact is very important in order to give a good impression, but like so many of you have said, it just fels too intense. I want to know how other people see my eyes when I make eye contact, because I know I feel like I sense way too much and I want to keep that part of me hidden because I know its not the most normal thing to know and understand fully where the other person is coming from just from eye contact. And I know it sounds hypocritical, but I dont want someone else to feel like they have that kind of power over me, I feel scared of being manipulated or something

·
Registered
74 Posts
I find eyes to be the windows of the soul in all intents and nuances. As such, I always felt that starting too deeply into someone's eyes can expose parts of them that may want to be hidden, so I normally avoid eye-contact at all costs unless if it was someone I genuinely appreciate. The same would be given in turn of course; if I let you look me in the eyes, it means that I trust you with what secrets you find in my gaze. Also, I'm simply submissive, and unworthy to look at someone, mainly a figure of authority or reverence, in the face...which is odd since the west values the exact opposite. Alas, it is another attribute that makes conversation so awkward for me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I dislike eye contact too, whenever I do make eye contact with someone it's like I can see deep into them, plus I find eyes to be mesmerizing, and it just gets to be too much... if I start making eye contact, I usually end up zoned out and can't hear what they're trying to say to me. And with guys I'm always afraid I'm going to send the wrong message by making intense eye contact with them, I always feel as though it's probably really creepy for the person I'm making eye contact with when I make eye contact with them so intently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eye contact for me is a bit difficult to make...
I'm not sure if I'm afraid of what that person could say to me... or if my face or my eyes reflect something i don't mean.
Eyes are beautiful in a complex way that is really hard to describe..
Maybe because they are the "windows to the soul" perhaps?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I frankly can't stand eye contacts, especially if the said person is attractive. I'd feel so awkward and/ perverted for some reason, I don't understand why.
That being said, I tend to avoid eye contact while talking to someone, often shifting my gaze from their ears, nose or lips, trying to fix my eyes at something other than their eyes. Otherwise I'd get very awkward to talk to. Which is why I seem distracted even when I'm actually listening because I do this even in serious conversations, and get told to "look at me" quite a lot.
I think it's mostly the intimacy of an eye contact that bothers me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts