Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that since, people that are FP catch on to emotions better, that it's easier for us to feel a pet's love for us? Also, do you think it is easier for us to express our true emotions to something because we know that our pets don't judge?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love my furbabies! They're family. And I think my dog is the only one who really knows my true self and how I really act.

It's hard for me to give an answer of whether or not FPs can tell an animal's love better than others. Animals in general can have such a unique bond to all sorts of people. We can assume, but we can never truly know anyone else's true feelings.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love my furbabies! They're family. And I think my dog is the only one who really knows my true self and how I really act.

It's hard for me to give an answer of whether or not FPs can tell an animal's love better than others. Animals in general can have such a unique bond to all sorts of people. We can assume, but we can never truly know anyone else's true feelings.
whats your dogs name?? =)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've always wanted a pet but neither of my parents ever allowed any except for fish. I always got upset talking about animals with them cause they both don't like cats and I just can't see how anyone can single out a living creature like that. I love all animals! I went to visit my grandmother for a month and got so attached to her new puppy. Everyone kept saying that she was like my baby because we got really attached to each other. I missed her so much for the first few weeks away! Everything made me think of her but now it's been about 5 months and I still miss her, I try not to think about it much because I get more depressed when I think about animals and how much I wish I could have one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Noice. I'm definitely getting a pet or two after I finish college. Can't decide between a cat and a dog, why not both? =D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I grew up with alot of cats as pets, im really wanting to get a dog though! But for know I have my pet cornsnake

·
Registered
438 Posts
I appartently know 4 FPs, and 3 them definitely love animals more than humans.They all see this connection with their pets- whether it be a dog or a goldfish or a tortoise..one of them couldnt BEAR me saying 'yes' when a frog was abt to be run over by a car heh..not that i didnt care..

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Pomeranian uh Pomeranian do not get me started!

pm3.jpg pm5.jpg pm9.jpg pm7.jpg pom6.jpg
Do I need words here? I am squeaking as a Flipper from the movie I watched last night. By the way, with dolphins I cannot wait to swim and be around. I think they have special neurons that humans have, which allows them to feel other beings emotions (spindle neurons) and empathy - same with whales (some whales even more than humans). I am aware that my pet bird is empathizing with me when I am sick or depressed. It gets very depressed too. What is more, when dissapointed in people, who will make me feel better - an animal - it is just that easy forgiving - uncondional love that they got.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've felt a very deep emotional connection to my pets that goes beyond any sort of caretaker/parent-type relationship. I guess I do with all animals whether they're under my care or not, because often times I feel like I am one. I feel wild.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever felt more at peace than I did when I would be in bed and my cat would come sit on my chest and look into my eyes while purring and blinking slowly. I think I'm probably better able to convey emotion to a pet, too. I'm just not very verbal. I'm thinking back to that list of love languages, and touch and quality time were definitely the highest on my list; I can have both of those with a pet and not have to put my brain through a ringer to squeeze out words that may be totally inadequate or off the mark. Probably something to do with why I love music and art so much, as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes! I enjoy all of your responses.

Since pets can't speak to us verbally, they usually show it through actions. That's why I love pets. To me, love is an action/constant set of compassionate actions, not a state.

Also, here's some cool info for ya. Cat's only meow to their mother and humans, not to other adult cats.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I appartently know 4 FPs, and 3 them definitely love animals more than humans.They all see this connection with their pets
i feel..addressed :mellow: i still love humans you know :[] gave u a whole speech bout dat u crab -O-

Reactions: violetta

·
Registered
607 Posts
I appartently know 4 FPs, and 3 them definitely love animals more than humans.They all see this connection with their pets- whether it be a dog or a goldfish or a tortoise..one of them couldnt BEAR me saying 'yes' when a frog was abt to be run over by a car heh..not that i didnt care..
XD oh yeah! Pets complete a persons life :D :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts