Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you pay attention to that kinda stuff?
Sometimes when I'm bored I find myself obsessing about stupid 'news' about a certain celebrity that I can't stand..

How about you all? I don't know if INFPs are particularly interested, or not, in that kinda stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not only do I not care about that stuff, I highly oppose it. We could have actual culture or education or anything on TV, but we choose not to. Mass communication could be such a widely-harnessed tool for good. But what do we waste on? Celebrity smut. Why would I care about the life of an immature, over-hyped superstar with no real talent? I don't know.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never even thought to take anything I see on news and radio (most stations) and in magazines seriously...
i never take the news reports seriously. however the magazine stuff i believe whatever they say so long they show proof. lol.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i believe the mainstream media is the world's greatest collection of the dregs of society. in short, a complete cesspool.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think it's all a bunch a bullcrap. I mean, I can watch an episode of Family Guy with my roommate, but the vast majority of TV and what the media tries to forcefeed us is just not even worth paying attention to.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah? ii find some of the entertainment stories on TV very hilarious. they come up with incredibly pointless things to talk about.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't really pay attention to it, I just come across news when I do... if it's interesting enough I might look into it a bit. Like all that drama with Tiger Woods I think was blown outta proportion... so he cheated on his wife with a few girls, did people forget he could bleed just like us?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I can't believe this society makes the idiots on Jersey Shore famous and wealthy. WTF? Who cares about these morons?
I am a very non-violent person, but most people on these "reality" shows would probably get punched if they confronted me like they do each other.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't believe this society makes the idiots on Jersey Shore famous and wealthy. WTF? Who cares about these morons?
I am a very non-violent person, but most people on these "reality" shows would probably get punched if they confronted me like they do each other.
I hope Jersey Shore gets cancelled soon.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I hope Jersey Shore gets cancelled soon.
Actually it ended a really long time ago. Like 2 years ago. But there are spinoff series now. So it goes.

I don't mind Jersey Shore. I actually think Snooki is a cool person and that she would be fun to hang out with in real life, and that she is more intelligent/a decent human being than the public perception of her might suggest.

I don't pay much attention to pop culture though. When I was little I never had any idea what was going on in pop culture, music, etc. thanks to my INTJ mom who restricted me from most forms of media, and I was even mocked for it by other people my age. Then later on I decided that pop culture is a bunch of dumb sh*t anyway and most of the popular music and movies suck. I'd rather pay attention to actually interesting people and inspiring things that are being made. The only modern popular musician who I really like is Taylor Swift.

·
Registered
771 Posts
All this pop culture and mainstream media is mindf*ck.
Absolute manipulation and mind degradation. I would stay away from it like a hard drug. You wouldn't want to get addicted to it...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't pay attention. Don't waste your time hating on things when you could be getting involved in something better (many good bands/artists need digging to find).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts