·
Banned
656 Posts
You should create a poll. I am heterosexual

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Straight, and supporter of LGBT-rights.

Why is it that in so many contexts many women seem to come as bisexual, but men not? Is it because of the cultural acceptance of woman+woman sexuality compared to man+man sexuality, or is there some amount of bisexuality coming as a trend? Or are we all in some extent bisexual but in more fluid-like scale instead of absolute limits?

·
Registered
917 Posts
the poll appears to be missing a lot of options, i may not get them all (sorry if i forget yours its not deliberate) but off the top of my head

pansexual
polysexual
gynasexual
androsexual
asexual (quite a few variations)
demisexual

plus combinations of the above (eg a demi polysexual)

really hope i didnt miss any here though

·
Registered
917 Posts
oops forgot to put in my own

i'm a demisexual or grey-asexual (i'm still working it out)

Reactions: behoopd

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Straight, and supporter of LGBT-rights.

Why is it that in so many contexts many women seem to come as bisexual, but men not? Is it because of the cultural acceptance of woman+woman sexuality compared to man+man sexuality, or is there some amount of bisexuality coming as a trend? Or are we all in some extent bisexual but in more fluid-like scale instead of absolute limits?
I find that a lot of "bisexual" women only say they are bi for attention from other guys. Cause everyone knows, most straight dudes love some of dat girl on girl action. You are also right about the fluid-like scale. Sexuality is not in any way concrete. I know many guys that identify as straight, but have gotten pretty freaky after a couple of drinks, if you know what I mean ;).

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Personally I have no sexual preference I hate the word bisexual I don't identify with bisexuality.I just go with the flow and
When I feel something I feel something.when I find attraction and a connection with someone I don't care if they happen to be
A male or a female I care more about what type of person they are and how they make me feel.

·
Registered
733 Posts
straight

on gynesexual and androsexual(forgive me, I have never heard this term before), a gynesexual biological male is heterosexual, a gynesexual biological female is homosexual, a gynesexual biological female with gender dysphoria would be the only time that would apply right?, or do these people typically just identify as heterosexual?

forgive me, I'm not used to seeing so many different descriptors

·
Registered
917 Posts
straight

on gynesexual and androsexual(forgive me, I have never heard this term before), a gynesexual biological male is heterosexual, a gynesexual biological female is homosexual, a gynesexual biological female with gender dysphoria would be the only time that would apply right?, or do these people typically just identify as heterosexual?

forgive me, I'm not used to seeing so many different descriptors
gynesexual and androsexual are terms you can use to say you are attracted to women only or to men only, but are terms that arent linked to your sex or gender if someones sex and gender are different then homosexual and hetrosexual could both apply equally (when your genderfluid the homo/hetro terms are even more confusing so andro/gyne can be really useful)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Heterosexual.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
for me it's very important to make a distinction between love/romance and sexual attraction.
I would say i'm straight in a love/romance way (always had strong feelings for woman and not for man) ... but i'm pretty failed with romancing, not even 1 genuine romantical relationship after 21 years (although probably not my fault, woman .... pff =p .. I did my best). My energy and patience for romance is a bit ... dead

but when we discuss sexual attraction I wouldnt know honestly ... I think both man and woman can be beautifull (or hot, if you will =p) i'm not that muscular and skinny-build, so next to girls I do check out the muscular guys also and secretly wish that I could look that good too. So I never quite know what to make of that really.

I have no clue what the following mean:
pansexual
polysexual
gynasexual
androsexual
demisexual

so maybe I can make one of my own and add it to this quite extensive list of possibilities :') .. like whaaaat!??

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I'm asexual.
As far as romantic attraction, gender means nothing to me.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
497 Posts
there needs to be heteroflexible and homoflexible, otherwise this poll is nonsense, since relatively few people are completely bisexual.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Although I don't see a point in this, I voted gay.

I've only liked girls on a romantic level, but I could easily see myself falling for a guy if the right one came along. It would just be very rare.
Or it might just be my secret wish that I hope to fall in love with a guy later in my life. I still have this picture of the house and the kids and the car, and even though I'm not sure it will happen with a man, I sometimes hope it will.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I voted for bisexual, though I'm actually bicurious/asexual, which was in the poll, sooo... yeah xD

1 - 20 of 120 Posts