Votes: 33 13.0%
  • bisexual

Votes: 55 21.7%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally I have no sexual preference I hate the word bisexual I don't identify with bisexuality.I just go with the flow and
When I feel something I feel something.when I find attraction and a connection with someone I don't care if they happen to be
A male or a female I care more about what type of person they are and how they make me feel.
I suppose that is sort of the same with me, but as far as biology is concerned, I like guys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know you probably meant no harm in this, but i'm a bisexual girl and I cannot tell you how many times i've had that said to me. It's infuriating to not have your sexuality taken seriously just because some girls like to make-out with each other when they're drunk. Those women aren't bisexual, because if they were they wouldn't just be doing it for the attention. And I don't think anyone would call themselves bisexual just to be trendy, because if you haven't noticed homophobia is still a huge thing, and i've never seen anyone gain more friends from coming out, it's actually the exact opposite/:
Bisexual girls are often trendy or free spirits but usually pretty peaceful. I don't think I've met any that was attracted to males and females equally, but a lot of my female friends have had some experience, but I don't think all of them were doing it in front of other guys. I don't know if INFPs are usually more bi than ENFPs. We seem to be more confused I think. We're constantly trying to figure out who we are where the ENFP seems less confused to me. I don't know anyone who I can saw for certainty who is truly bi and only kisses women in private, but I'm sure there is an exception.

·
Registered
569 Posts
...Ok, well your opinion of bisexuals has no bearing on my own sexuality. If I tell someone i'm bisexual, I expect my identity to be taken seriously, and not some ploy for attention because i'm 'confused' or trying to be a free spirit and 'trendy'. Just like being gay or straight, I was born bisexual and have been attracted to both men and women for as long as I can remember. I wish I could choose just one or the other because of people who invalidate me, but it doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Straight male checking in here. I don't have a problem with anyone's sexual preference. If they're with who makes them happy, so be it. Same thing goes for race, religion, etc. I'm surprisingly non-judgmental. It's not my life, so who am I to tell them they're wrong?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know you probably meant no harm in this, but i'm a bisexual girl and I cannot tell you how many times i've had that said to me. It's infuriating to not have your sexuality taken seriously just because some girls like to make-out with each other when they're drunk. Those women aren't bisexual, because if they were they wouldn't just be doing it for the attention. And I don't think anyone would call themselves bisexual just to be trendy, because if you haven't noticed homophobia is still a huge thing, and i've never seen anyone gain more friends from coming out, it's actually the exact opposite/:
Sorry. I didn't mean to disagree with you on the bisexuality being real on the basis of straight girls fake being bi. I just happen to live in a small city where just about all the women I know or am friends with have had genuine bisexual experiences. I think it may be more of a generational and cultural thing with acceptance of anything other than heterosexuality. Some people are more likely or open to accepting it than others, and I think female bisexuality is more socially accepted than anything else in the LGBT spectrum. I could be wrong, but it seems that way to me. And I'd expect my bisexuality to be accepted on my terms as well. Just because I wouldn't tell my family doesn't mean wouldn't let anyone know.

·
Registered
569 Posts
True, but experimenting is different then wanting to actually date girls. Also, bi girls are only more accepted because people usually don't take our sexualities seriously. Guy's think it's hot that i'm into girls and think i'll want to have a threesome with them?? and gay people think i'm just 'going through a phase' and i'm actually a lesbian. So not only do I have to deal with homophobia, but I have a very small support group in the gay community. Anyways, I appreciate the apology!

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
I think it's important to make the distinction between 'experimenting', which seems to be more of cultural phenomenon becoming more popularly reported in Western media (see various pop personalities climbing aboard the 'I kissed a girl' bandwagon), and bisexuality, the underlying numbers of which I doubt will have changed.
For the record, I'm straight, almost. I'd give myself a Kinsey 1. I've had a minor guy crush before, I'd be willing to experiment with kissing one, but really it has little bearing on my overall sexual orientation (unless it turns out I really like it?) and that seems to be the misconception behind bisexuality in women which I've heard from a lot of my friends as well. A kiss or a crush is not abnormal and does not, unless part of a strong pattern, indicate bisexuality at all, even if it may be becoming a 'fashionable' idea otherwise. From what I've read men experimenting with other men (in the context of the college-means-you-try-out-being-gay trope, which is one of many such tropes flying around) is more common than women experimenting with other women, but which is the more popularly circulated idea? Therefore, isn't there a cultural bias which must have been generated at some point (which given that men do so like the idea of bi women, are probably to blame for)?
Ultimately I think it's a misreported notion that many straight and gay people aren't willing to understand. Certainly a lot of men, and I'd suspect it's a generational thing, seem to think that many women are bi or have secret orientations that way, and/or think bisexuals are simply confused, which obviously is just harmful. Perhaps ironically, bisexuals are maybe the people who suffer the most from this phenomenon.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I'm starting to become one of those people who doesn't really wanna put a label on it.

Most of my experiences have been with men, reason being, they're a lot more straight forward -- I find -- about what they want. I also like how when most guys are in the mood, it's like that's what their brain is almost 100% focused on. There's no complication; no "I don't know if I really want this. Let me think about it." In other words I guess I like the simplicity and energy they carry concerning it. The complete control they hand over to instinct.

All that said, I do wonder if I couldn't be attracted to a woman who behaved similarly. A woman who pursued me the way men normally do when they're interested, and who makes it very obvious exactly what she wants. Reason I say that is because I'm not at all disgusted by the idea of having sex with another woman in the same way a straight guy can't fathom the idea of sleeping with another man. I just like to make people feel good and I want that in return. So I kind of think I'd probably be down to do that with anyone who was cool and similar to me in that respect, regardless of gender.

Also I've noticed a pattern with the guys I've been with. They're all kind of not the most masculine dudes in the world (I definitely thought some of them were gay until things happened LOL. And a few of them were bi.) So, it might be possible that I could be attracted to more masculine women. I wish there was just a name for "I'm into people who aren't 'normal.'" xD

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see myself as bisexual although I’ve never been in a relationship with a woman (and might never be now I’m in a steady one with a man)

Had absolute monster crushes on women though and definitely have a type (steely, intelligent, older women, whereas with men I like soft, cuddly ones!) I had a massive crush on one of my tutors at uni which was pretty hard to get over despite knowing it was impossible, still kept thinking “what if?!” It was really bizarre how much of a hold she had over me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
About as straight as straight can be. I think I might be called asexual? I might have that soooooooo wrong. I just am not current on the proper terminology. Whatever type it is, where sex, is too much God damn work. I'd rather read. LAZY.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Biromantic heterosexual as far as I'm aware. Would experiment with ladies sexually but don't feel highly motivated and haven't pursued it.

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I like-a the ladies.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
The older and more experienced I become, the vaguer and unclearer it seems to get, for some reason. In the end nothing really matters as much, as long as you find the right person.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts