Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I hate to work, especially when it's because I have to and not because I want to. It actually makes me sick sometimes to think that people spend most of your day at work. I didn't mind working while sick too much unless I didn't have any medicine. I just didn't like working all day at a place I didn't like.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hate to work, especially when it's because I have to and not because I want to. It actually makes me sick sometimes to think that people spend most of your day at work. I didn't mind working while sick too much unless I didn't have any medicine. I just didn't like working all day at a place I didn't like.

Ideally, if we could work at a place we enjoyed, and have passion for. What would you like?

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would like to own my own museum, but sadly I don't think my art is good enough for such a thing.
A house in the middle of no where with tall wheat grass and a garden, painting on my porch.
Lols, I day dream too much. :sad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having to follow a strict schedule is one of the things I really, really hate about high school. It gets so repetitive and I find it kind of depressing, it feels like it'll just go on and on. I work pretty hard in school because I feel like the consequences of not doing well are worth working to avoid, but of course there's no tangible payoff for it yet, so that's frustrating. I've only had maybe 2 or 3 classes in all of high school where I felt like the work I put in actually payed off well in gaining knowledge/skill/perspective. I tend to get really anxious when I get a lot of homework assigned, because I hate having so much of my personal time invaded by school.

I've had very little work experience. I worked at a day camp once, which was fun at times and exhausting at others.

When I'm an adult and I actually have to work for real, I think I'd like to try working at home or having a job with odd hours to avoid having to follow a schedule, because yeah, it feels really invasive sometimes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The kind of obligations I hate are paying my private student loans (banks are evil, evil, evil) and the stuff that I get roped into because I'm bad at saying no. Like for a while, I had to play in this ensemble in my community band because I knew how to play the instrument they needed. I was really miserable before every performance, but I still went through with it...Won't be obliging them again though. :\ Only have myself to blame for all that. :s

Mostly I'm just on auto-pilot when it comes to work. I know I need to get up at this time, I need to leave by this time, I know I need to do x, y and z and then I can come home. My clerical job right now isn't too inspiring; it's not something I want to do forever, but it helps keep my life comfortable and that's good enough for me. I have enough (too much?) time to do the things I want to do, so I don't feel too constrained, maybe that's why I can deal with it.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm worried about working tomorrow, heh. I called in this morning and fake cried, telling them I can't walk because my knee was killing me. Hmm. Anyone have any suggestions in case I want to show up? XD

·
Registered
216 Posts
I hate all obligations of any kind. I feel like i'd rather die than do something simply because someone else said I have to.
I take this a step further and say, "Who are they to tell me what to do; I should be enraged that they are trying to impose their will on me."

·
Registered
431 Posts
Fast food.
Yes. Fast food + ignorant co-workers + business = Hell

That's where I'm working right now. Sometimes while I'm working I won't mind the work if I have some kinds of positive thoughts to think about while doing the work, like the fact I'm getting paid for it, but then it only last so long before I realize that it's almost as pointless as dropped rain or something.

I still live with my parents, but I've always felt like it was my duty to help support my family, since I think that's just how I was raised. Emotionally I'm not so good so I figure I'll show it by helping with whatever I can. So, in that case money. I'm probably the type of person if I won the lottery I'd spend a lot of it on family, and if I didn't I'd feel bad, or at least they'd make me feel bad.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Work for INFP can be a problem when you have to deal with irritating know it all type colleagues...my current situation is the actual work is okay but the co-workers are petty critics - I've almost had a face to face argument with one - I don't see myself staying there - people rarely change...not looking forward to 3 weeks of the idiot in charge :(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
962 Posts
I stayed at home today because I feel tired from all the fun stuff I did on the weekend, so need a day of rest, haha. I can do it with no consequences once in awhile.

When I got out of college I was so terrified of having to join some big corporation and be a slave, so I wound up starting my own business. It was great for the first year, but after awhile I realized I was spending too much time hanging out with customers and driving around and not enough doing the paper work/accounting stuff that I hated. I kept it going for 4 years, it was a good learning experience.... even when you're the boss/owner you become a slave to a different boss..the customer, and in many ways they can be much worse.

My perfect job would be no job, I would win the lottery and travel the globe endlessly with expensive camera gear and blog my weird infp experiences. Maybe there would be some kind of book or movie come out of it, but probably not, there has to be a little bit of harsh reality to my dreaming.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well. I quit. I didn't even call in today. People were making a huge deal about wanting money from different directions from me, so to spite them and to be who I am, I made everyone mad and I could give a crap less. :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Honestly I don't care about the money it brings in... sure it is good and stuff... you can buy books or even food. (I prefer the books though).

I kinda just do it to pass the time or just to just please people or something. I don't really like it. I would like a job that I can be free and just work when I feel like it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
On my current job, i have a coordinator who is very stressy and wants me to do everything his way.
... His way is way way more complicated and slower then my way.

Luckily i work in the part of the warehouse where almost noone ever goes,
and this is my last week, and he's on his holiday :D

21 - 40 of 45 Posts