Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten better in dealing with conflicts and standing up for myself compared to the far past.

However, there are several times when I realize, I am still unconsciously being a conflict avoidant, although being indirect in my communication about it.

Does that seem familiar?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Being that we usually strive for peace of some kind, I guess it's natural that we try to avoid conflict. It's pretty familiar for me, too. I try not to start trouble, but there's no chance I'm going to let someone walk all me over like I'm some defenseless little kid.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being that we usually strive for peace of some kind, I guess it's natural that we try to avoid conflict. It's pretty familiar for me, too. I try not to start trouble, but there's no chance I'm going to let someone walk all me over like I'm some defenseless little kid.
Yes. I strive for peace too, but not to the extremes. I sure as hell don't want to be anybody's doormat.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Also, we do avoid conflict to a certain degree, but what I think some people need to realize is that in order to gain more peace, we need to clash with others at times...meaning...going head on against conflict. It's just like in relationships, they aren't perfect, but through clashing, we learn to handle situations better and we come out stronger. With that strength, we can then stand up for ourselves and make much more of a difference.

...I don't think my rambling made much sense .___.
I might refine this post later, I'm tired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts