Personality Cafe banner

INFP's: Are you attracting lots of ESTP's?

10K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Seranova 
#1 ·
I'm an INFP female, and in my experience, literally (and I mean literally) every single man I seem to attract is an ESTP. I have a big thing about letting anyone I interact with take the myers-briggs personality test so I can understand them. So the past 3 men who dated me and tried to pursue me were all ESTP's but nothing long-term came out of it because I was never "feeling it" with them.

But it's beyond attraction; these ESTP men were fascinated by my INFP personality for some really strange reason, but I never felt any emotional connection or desire for any ESTP's. I think it has a lot to do with the fact they are Thinkers, which I naturally do not feel comfortable around or open up to. And when i'm paired with another Perceiver, it's a clusterfuck! We are directionless and nothing happens or gets done.

Anyone here to validate my claim, or know why this could be (ESTP's drawn to INFP's)? Any ESTP or INFP find my experience similar to their experience?

#2 ·
I have no idea why this is, but there does some to be an interesting dynamic there...
I have had a pretty similar experience with a coworker.

She was ESTP and she was aggressively trying to get me to ask her out and stuff...we were flirting with each other all the time. I have to admit, her personality was oddly attractive to me, but I was afraid that we were way to different for it to ever work, so we stayed friends. But, we had a pretty funny relationship for awhile. :proud:

#3 ·
This one woman is very attracted to me and she is an ESTP, ENTP, or ENTJ; I can't remember which one. Although, she didn't believe that I was introverted. She says I am mysterious and she can't figure me out because my facial expressions are always neutral no matter what's going on inside my head. I'm actually flattered that she likes me so much. She says she's never pursued a man before and it kind of embarasses her. I don't let her get too close to me so I think that makes her want me more. Although, I admit, I really like her personality and have more interesting conversations with her than anyone else; which is why I might consider dating her in the future.

#5 ·
I have this weird thing where I'm attracted to really outgoing mechanics. Funny thing is, I was like this as a child too.. almost every guy I had a crush on growing up eventually ended up being a mechanic.. odd. Not sure if that falls into the ESTP category though.... ?

#6 ·
I think this is more ISTP but there are definitely ESTP mechanics.

#10 ·
I've been married to an ESTP for almost 28 years. We have a great relationship. While we are quite opposite, we respect our differences. He is a Harley riding fireman who is the life of the party. He jokingly tells me that only people with no life are found in Barnes and Noble on a Friday night. He knows that is one of my favorites places in the world. We have fun together, and I actually enjoy riding the motorcycle with him. We have meaningful conversations, but I will admit he doesn't always "get me". I'm ok with that. Not many people do. But what he does is love me and accept me with his whole heart. And that means everything. :happy:

#13 ·
Haha, no! They're probably one of the last of the 16 types that I attract. :tongue:

#18 ·
Its a really interesting relationship, i've known this one estp for a while and we can really get on each other's nerves, other times, when we get some time to just talk, i feel a greater sense of appreciation and connection, but that's rare :p There's another estp i know, very different, kind of feminine(but straight) and the first time we met we hit it right off, after a while it just started to die down and now everytime i think of him i get irritated. I believe there is some great potential in a relationship with an estp, it just depends on your basic individuality as an infp. does that make sense?

#20 ·
Hmm, no ST's(not that I mind), but I do notice NT's are often attracted to me a lot, especially INTJ's and INTP's. NF men also seem to be attracted to me, though I do have some issues with those with higher F preferences from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.