Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I almost failed grade 11 chem, I hate to think about grade 25 chem! Congrats Doctor!

Reactions: Leroy and Drea

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I major in sociology, so scientist maybe?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm on the road to becoming a wildlife biologist/zoologist.... My real passion is in xenobiology but developments in that area have been somewhat slow...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It depends on whether you consider social sciences to be valid sciences - I'm into anthropology and psychology. Word.

Reactions: Teigue

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It depends on whether you consider social sciences to be valid sciences - I'm into anthropology and psychology. Word.
well....since I'm an INPF, I don't believe in putting people or vocations into predefined boxes....there is no distinction between sacred and secular, there is no distiction between science and art, so...certainly anthropology and psychology can be considered as sciences

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats! =)
I have a degree in Chemistry too! Only completed up to Honours though =_= Didn't do Masters because I don't like the idea of research and not achieving much...
I don't think I'm cut out for the technical part of it >_>

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Dude, as if psychology is not a science? modern psychology definitely is.

I think there is an advantage to being an INFP and a scientist...brings a fresh and innovative perspective, I'm sure you will do the same in the field of evolutionary biology....
There are a lot of intuitive feelers in the sciences. In my uni course here in Australia, we had to do a keirsey temperament test in my scif class (basically learning to be a scientist) and there were quite a few nf's. My teacher (a microbiologist) was an enfp. He was amazing. The course was so intuitive, it wasn't funny. Every class was interconnected, and we had to find out why it was interconnected. We had to do a number of tests to find out who we were as scientists and just overall learning about ourselves. People were so pissed off with the ambiguity, I thought it was delicious.

ha...maybe we should start our own blog....INFP SCIENTISTS
Hell yes!

I looove science. I'm a neursocience major (psychology minor), and I love (the sciences i'm majoring in obviously), environmental science, astrobiology and cosmology, physics, biology and genetics in particular.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Dude, as if psychology is not a science? modern psychology definitely is.

There are a lot of intuitive feelers in the sciences. In my uni course here in Australia, we had to do a keirsey temperament test in my scif class (basically learning to be a scientist) and there were quite a few nf's. My teacher (a microbiologist) was an enfp. He was amazing. The course was so intuitive, it wasn't funny. Every class was interconnected, and we had to find out why it was interconnected. We had to do a number of tests to find out who we were as scientists and just overall learning about ourselves. People were so pissed off with the ambiguity, I thought it was delicious.

Hell yes!

I looove science. I'm a neursocience major (psychology minor), and I love (the sciences i'm majoring in obviously), environmental science, astrobiology and cosmology, physics, biology and genetics in particular.
Well, you know... opinions seem to vary. Gah. But that setup sounds really cool. I'd love that, too. I already interconnect my classes. :crazy:

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
615 Posts
Whoo! Congrats! :D Wow, that is a great accomplishment.
I am interested in neurobiology. And Psychology. And Anthrolopogy

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Whoo! Congrats! :D Wow, that is a great accomplishment.
I am interested in neurobiology. And Psychology. And Anthrolopogy
That sounds soooo hot. I mean, excellent...

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey, I've spent sooooo many years at university....few people really understand grade 25..!!!

Anyway, finally graduated with a PhD in chemistry and I as wondering...are there any other INFP scientists out there?
So what is your area of chemistry? I took a year of o chem and never wanted it to end! On the other hand, i think p chem is beyond me. :3

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what is your area of chemistry? I took a year of o chem and never wanted it to end! On the other hand, i think p chem is beyond me. :3
I specialized in analytical chemisry...instrumental design...atomic spectroscopy

I'm basically just a knob tweaker in the lab...!!

Took many years to jump over the boring hurdles of classwork till I could finally do some creative work in the lab....so many knobs, so little time...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm planning to concentrate in Neurobiology in college! I love being an INFP scientist... when you learn about how stuff works you just appreciate the world that much more, you know?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts