Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
What do you mean exactly?

Anyway, I know that some INFPs think that they're INFJs and vice versa.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean exactly?

Anyway, I know that some INFPs think that they're INFJs and vice versa.
What do you mean by "they think they are"?
I mean we either test INFP or INFJ, not both at the same time. SO why would one think they were the other??!?!?!?! o_O

·
11,928 Posts
SO why would one think they were the other??!?!?!?! o_O
Because most people just go with their MBTI test type and don't bother to look into it further. So they assume that's their true type. But it's not always.
I've noticed that a lot of INFPs score as INFJs and vice versa.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
True. When I go to INFP forum I start feeling weird because I want to interpret and overanalyze what other people post and also direct others on what to do. Feels out of place there - I would not be able to pass as an INFP :(

but I can at times pass as ENFJ, ENTP, and even INTP a little

·
Registered
17 Posts
My personality type fit every description I could find on the internet...so I just went with it(and it didn't fit the others).

I am pretty much an "evil" INFJ right now, I display all the "bad" stuff of the INFJ that's on the personal growth from the personality page (as well as all the good stuff, except those that contradict the bad) ;)

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True. When I go to INFP forum I start feeling weird because I want to interpret and overanalyze what other people post and also direct others on what to do. Feels out of place there - I would not be able to pass as an INFP :(

Haha yeah I can understand how you feel and what you mean. I mean, I feel like no one except the people on this forum who are INFP's can relate to me at all.
I don't think I have ever met an INFP in real life, I wish I will one day.

That is why we are loner and sometimes hermits, though. No oen really understands us, but we understand everyone. Reality therefore gets boring. We want to escape.

·
11,928 Posts
No oen really understands us, but we understand everyone. Reality therefore gets boring.
So let's say that someone looks at you and says they understand you and everyone else. Are they wrong, or right? And what makes you any different?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Haha yeah I can understand how you feel and what you mean. I mean, I feel like no one except the people on this forum who are INFP's can relate to me at all.
I don't think I have ever met an INFP in real life, I wish I will one day.

That is why we are loner and sometimes hermits, though. No oen really understands us, but we understand everyone. Reality therefore gets boring. We want to escape.
Hmm well you guys aren't that uncommon about 1 out of 20 people but being introverts probably difficult to meet. First time I have gotten to know an INFP was through an ENFJ friend. We slowly became friends, then best friends, and then when we both moved away for college we corresponded for several years. INFJs and INFPs can make some excellent penpals and thus preserve friendships through many years of separation.

Also, man, you guys thank posts a lot. Somebody just made a thread - I open it - and there are already 5+ thanks on there lol. That is amazing show of support.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So let's say that someone looks at you and says they understand you and everyone else. Are they wrong, or right? And what makes you any different?
Well we INFPs see the world and people thru rose colored glasses, and usually only see the good in people.
We think everyone has good in them, and that's how we understand everyone.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

I agree!

Also, I can pass off as ENFJ and INTJ the best. "E" for when I am with my inner circle and "T" for when I'm in thinking mode. I've passed off as ISTJ/ESTJ before, too, but I think this was when I was really stressed and under a lot of deadlines.

I can feel "at home" in these other threads, and also the ENTJ thread but only depending on what phase I'm going through in life (feeling extroverted, feeling more analytical, etc), and I'm sure that to a certain extent I start internalizing certain behaviors. I only feel comfortable with the "darker" threads in the ENFJ forum though, the ones that take a more internal probing at oneself and interpersonal relationships.

I can't quite feel at home in INFP forum though. :( I have this tendency to want to interpret and I do the whole overanalyzing thing, so I don't end up posting.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't quite feel at home in INFP forum though. :( I have this tendency to want to interpret and I do the whole overanalyzing thing, so I don't end up posting.
Lol do we post some sort of sanscrit writing or something? we are generally very dreamy in thought and idealistic. We don't try to make things too esoteric! :p

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
haha yep that's how I feel too so I lurk in there but rarely post anything :crazy:

·
11,928 Posts
Well we INFPs see the world and people thru rose colored glasses, and usually only see the good in people.
We think everyone has good in them, and that's how we understand everyone.
My point is that you may think you understand people the same way they think they understand you.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I don't understand what you guys are talking about. It's easy to tell the difference between judgers and perceivers, isn't it? I can't imagine one passing for the other.

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I see it like a scale. You test INFJ doesn't mean your 100% INFJ, your N could be only slightly more than your S, your F considerably more than your T. Know what I mean, Vern?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I see it like a scale. You test INFJ doesn't mean your 100% INFJ, your N could be only slightly more than your S, your F considerably more than your T. Know what I mean, Vern?
it is not a scale - if you look at cognitive function arrangement INFPs and INFJs are very different:
INFJ - Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP - Fi Ne Si Te
so to make INFJ into an INFP you need significant re-routing of the brain circuits - basically you'll need to open up their brain and then do a lot of neural re-wiring

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all interesting views on the interchangeability of personalities. I personally just feel like whichever people and description you relate to most, is your type.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I don't know.. For me I feel like I use a lot of different functions. Fi, Fe, Ni, Ne... I would rather be a bunch of types than just one

I like INFPs and I like their forum :happy:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts