Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, when I'm around forceful personalities, I feel very drained. And for some reason these forceful personalities try to extract more and more information from me, which causes me to become even more introverted. And sometimes, there's too much visual stimuli around me, especially if I'm in a new circumstance, and I just become very drained, and kind of zone-out almost. But it's not a pleasing zoning-out, it's a painful zoning-out, where the stimuli become too much and too overwhelming, where you have no other choice. Do you ever feel drained like this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I do. It sucks. :frustrating:

In car rides, classrooms, movie theaters, airplanes . . . in most places where I must remain in inescapably close proximity to others - anywhere where I can't get 'away' and am forced to surrender to my discomfort I tend to feel that way.

However, there are times when I do enjoy being around people, like concerts, family events, celebrations, being in a big city, etc. But in general I have to balance back out after such events, sometimes taking a couple days to recover completely. I prefer small intimate social interactions, five or less people, and can come away from these feeling quite bubbly and happy.

Cheers

:wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
That does happen to me... The more I'm forced into the situation, the more likely it is to happen. It makes certain school days a lot of........ "fun."

Reactions: Coccinellidae

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Mainly after socializing, I get very drained. Especially when I am somewhere I didn't really want to go. I get drained from school, work, family parties, or just hanging out sometimes. Then I take a few days or weeks to be alone and I'm rejuvenated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yea, but only happens if I'm forced to be with people for extended periods of time with very very little time for myself. I went camping, for example, with a large group of people for 5 days... by the 5th day it felt like I had not gotten sleep for weeks and everyone's voices sounded like alarm clock noises.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the answers. Yea some people don't drain me, but sometimes I'm just around a certain person, and I feel weak, powerless, I feel like I'm backing away internally from the person or their questions. I also can't handle too many new things at once, especially if I get even a slightly negative vibe from something or someone. It sends my world into a tizzy. Sometimes after things like this, I come away thinking, who am I? Like for those few minutes, hours, I'm with them, I lose my personality. And the feeling lingers for even a few hours afterward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts