Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol so I was watching "CHELSEA LATELY" a few weeks ago and one of the comedians mentioned that if someone is acting crazy on the street to a normal person, all the normal person has to do is act crazy back, to make the crazy person back off and leave them alone.
I think that this is a very valid observation.
Living in new york city myself, I have been approached by my 'fair share' of loonies and if I act dumb and just stare at them OR even better get in their face and talk mumbo jumbo, they're on to the next one too fast.

Makes me wonder if they are just doing it for attention. lol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your posting has a bipolar and off my meds feel to it, but I have to admit a lot of these silly thoughts have crossed my mind at one time or another, haha.

I've witnessed the crazy (not politically correct) cancel out, many times. Even to the point where the original perpetrator has turned around and exclaimed to those around him that his/her intended victim is psycho crazy and quickly walked away.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your posting has a bipolar and off my meds feel to it, but I have to admit a lot of these silly thoughts have crossed my mind at one time or another, haha.

I've witnessed the crazy (not politically correct) cancel out, many times. Even to the point where the original perpetrator has turned around and exclaimed to those around him that his/her intended victim is psycho crazy and quickly walked away.
"Even to the point where the original perpetrator has turned around and exclaimed to those around him that his/her intended victim is psycho crazy and quickly walked away"

LMAO! i have yet to see that sort of re-reaction, so explicitly. However they usually give me a very "what the fuck? you are weird and off the rocker" facial expression and bodily language.
I just cannot help but laugh out loud when those types of situations occur. I try to hold the laughs in tho, hoping they won't decide to randomly turn around and try to crazy me again.
Very unpredictable occurrences. We INFPs like spontaneity right :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
"Even to the point where the original perpetrator has turned around and exclaimed to those around him that his/her intended victim is psycho crazy and quickly walked away"

LMAO! i have yet to see that sort of re-reaction, so explicitly. However they usually give me a very "what the fuck? you are weird and off the rocker" facial expression and bodily language.
I just cannot help but laugh out loud when those types of situations occur. I try to hold the laughs in tho, hoping they won't decide to randomly turn around and try to crazy me again.
Very unpredictable occurrences. We INFPs like spontaneity right :p
I hate crazy people coming up to me.. I try to position myself as far away from them as possible if they seem like an aggressive crazy..i guess.
Honestly i haven't had enough crazy people experience so i couldn't tell you.. i'd probably just be shocked and awkward feeling.
i would feel bad for them though, i think.
there's a reason they're crazy.
only if they showed any threat and put their hands on me or something would i proceed to attack
i live in Arkansas so there isn't a lot of activity going around unless your in the middle of downtown. i'd like to visit a big city though.

i think depending on their crazy, you may not want to act crazy back... seems like that could get u fucked up lol!

·
Premium Member
15,247 Posts
In my experience:

1 crazy person + 1 more crazy person = someone's going to walk away *hurt/dead*
1 crazy person + 1 calm, centered, rational person = better chance someone will not walk away *dead/hurt*

or...

crazy X 2 = really, really nuts.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I find adding two crazy people in the room just encourages the bad kind of insanity further. It gives me headaches, in addition, which greatly displease me.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ha I wish there were crazy people like that in Norwich, would make my life a bit more interesting :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my experience, two crazy people definately do NOT cancel each other out. I have one more thing to say that is sort of related to this, as well. For all you young INFP's who think you MAY be crazy...you're not!

This...thing...that we have...did you guys ever realize that we calm people around us? Sometimes without even talking? Even some actual crazy ones (at least temporarily)? I used to think I was a little crazy when I was younger, but now I know that people like us have a unique vibe and we can totally use it for all sorts of great things in the world! The other really awesome thing is that we WANT and deeply need to do what is right. What a great combination, huh? Once you realize what you're capable of, you'll be addicted to using this part of you. I know that I am. It quiets the inner struggle INFP's somtimes have. The power to silently calm, heal, and inspire others is a true gift. Tap into it.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Wow. This thread contains a lot of prejudiced and ignorant views about mental illness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts