Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious because we ENFP's seem to come with one built in. But I was never sure about INFP's since they seem to be a little more laid back.

So, do you guys have the "silly" switch (or button if you prefer), where you can get goofy at a moment's notice for no reason at all?

(I love lurking on the INFP board, everything's so dream-like and your thoughts are like magic.) :crazy:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I guess it happens sometimes, but it only happens occasionally, and only with close friends. Incidentally, one of them is an ENFP, so maybe it's contagious XD. But yeah, it's pretty rare for me at least, but it does happen.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
I was just curious because we ENFP's seem to come with one built in. But I was never sure about INFP's since they seem to be a little more laid back.

So, do you guys have the "silly" switch (or button if you prefer), where you can get goofy at a moment's notice for no reason at all?

(I love lurking on the INFP board, everything's so dream-like and your thoughts are like magic.) :crazy:
Why are you stalking 'us' ? :p
That random pew pew pew switch ? Oh yes... sometimes. :)

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
Oh yeah, I was born with a silly switch. When I'm in full "Jim Carrey" mode it either scares people, makes them laugh or shocks them. Very few people get my sense of humor, including my wife & her family. But they have to know me really well or I don't hit the switch. I've worked with people 12+ years & they've never seen that side of me. I love stupid humor too. Dry, deadpan goofiness is good medicine. The voice message on my phone is usually Jimmy Stewart or Elvis or whoever I feel like imitating at the moment. Silliness is the drug that keeps me out of the asylum.

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
Yes I do. But only certain people can activate it, otherwise I keep it hidden. >:D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are you stalking 'us' ? :p
Not stalking. Just secretly writing down everything you do, taking pictures of the places you've been, picking up your used kleenex for DNA samples, oh and I've called most of your mothers and whispered very rude things into the phone.

But I would NEVER call it stalking.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Just the other day I was waltzing around in a wig doing an impression of an overbearing soccer mom from Wisconsin. But my sillyness is reserved for certain family and friends, and people with the same sense of humor. To most people, I probably seem very serious. Also, I don't think dirty/vulgar humor is funny and won't laugh at it, so some people think I have no sense of humor.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I do. But do you know the right combination? :wink:

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
Er...switch would be the wrong word for me. Unless I'm actually in a fight with someone I'm always running a quiet background silly. Sometimes even then...

I only go full silly in front of friends, usually. The normal indicator of impending silly is me giggling like a four-year-old and bouncing off the ground and walls.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As soon as the green jelly beans are offered, I think that is when the tree branch snaps. :laughing:

Although without the help of the mystical power of the green jelly beans, when someone is feeling really sad and depressed, when the world is looking dreary for them, I usually flick the switch myself and try and cheer them up with a lot of unusual goofiness.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yep! Under some situations where I randomly feel free and light then yay! Once it's on it's hard to turn it off though xD

OH OH YOU KNOW.
I sit beside an ENFP.
And everytime my switch goes on, we become those idiots sitting in the front corner reading stuff out loud in weird voices or singing off key on purpose and somehow EVERYTIME we do that, the class is relatively silent, and they can hear us ._.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Do I have a silly switch? no................I AM a silly switch!:crazy:
Pretty much...

I'm always doing silly and crazy things even when I don't intend to.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts