Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You can't tell them. iNtuition is not something that can simply be described, as often the answers simply come into your head. Instead, you simply have to tell them, and hope they listen to you. If they don't... their loss.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This was interesting, generally I see it as foolish to denounce others perspectives, even if they might seem off, I prefer to try to make them understand instead. Or adapt their view, if it makes more sense.

But!

Sometimes, when i KNOW something, to my very core, I feel a urge to make others listen, no matter the cost. For some reason though, it seems like those are the times people just won't listen, which have led to quite some tragic happenings.

In a comedic way, it can feel a bit like this (imagine a really overdone drama, an old prophet desperately questioning some higher force)

"Why lord? Why!? Why give me a voice if people will not listen?"

In the more depressing way, it can feel like a cruel joke to know exactly what will happen, but being unable to stop it (Without resorting to methods that, lets say.. Violates your values, and say.. a friends freedom.

I might have misunderstood the thread, but it's all your fault anyway seeing as you got me interested!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I explain to other people that I am always right, regardless of whether I am correct, and to disregard any evidence to the contrary. Then I laugh to indicate that I know that is unreasonable of me to say.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im usually convinced when it comes to what I think but I hardly ever just shove what I perceive to be right in peoples faces. If asked, Ill usually just say "Maybe" and leave it as that. I accept the fact that some people dont agree with me but yeah, I get that gut feeling sometimes that there can be no better answer or way of doing something. Im not always told Im right but there have been alot of time where people realize what I said was true after really seeing what I meant. I love intuition...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Jokingly, yes.

However, for some things that I feel passionate about, I will definitely say things along the lines of "I know I'm right about this" or such and such.

I know I'm not always right, and if I was, this world would be even more crippled than it is now, lol.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I sometimes say it, not much though, and it's untrue anyway. My memory is too selective and I forget the simplest things and make incorrect judgments. When I am certain I'm right though, I usually just tell a few people and just let it be, watching as the rest try to solve it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
never, i guess it's all connect to my philosphy: there are no facts only intereptations. noone is wrong or right, and really i don't know much about anything other than myself-but if i know something to be false i will call them out on it. i've never cared about being "right" things that are set in stone where there is only one"right"anwser are unappealing to me,i love the mystery of things that can be debated!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always think that I'm right, but doesn't everybody? :confused: I mean what is considered right or wrong is all just popular opinion. I guess that's where doubt kicks in. I never tell people D: Even when it's just that obvious

·
Registered
76 Posts
never, i guess it's all connect to my philosphy: there are no facts only intereptations. noone is wrong or right, and really i don't know much about anything other than myself-but if i know something to be false i will call them out on it. i've never cared about being "right" things that are set in stone where there is only one"right"anwser are unappealing to me,i love the mystery of things that can be debated!
WOW that was awsome!

·
Registered
102 Posts
No. I usually only find out I was actually right, after the fact. I usually doubt myself. And if I do think I'm right, I usually keep it to myself, because from the few times I've ever blurted something out, I've regretted it.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I've been acting like that since adolescence, especially in private. "Lordly," lol. I guess it's part of my self-concept that I'm smart and want to make things better/do things the right way and that most other people are idiots. It kind of boosts my self-esteem to sometimes be arrogant in a funny way. Also, I like that it's socially inappropriate. An "I'm special" behavior." The other responses have supported my hunch that being INFP is involved.

For me one question is, Do INFPs think they are more right than other types think themselves?

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,334 Posts
No, I don't tell people this, I may be inclined to think so inside, but usually I go a little overboard making it clear that this is just my limted speculation and I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't tell people that I think or know I'm right, unless I'm talking about a personal situation. I think people have a right to make up their own mind and learn their own lessons and me telling them I have the answers and it's the exact opposite of what they believe would just be patronizing. But that doesn't stop me thinking it :)

However I do go with my gut instinct and it's never let me down yet. I guess I feel everything happens for a reason though, every experience is a necessary and valuable one, so nothing is really wrong anyway.

·
Registered
15,640 Posts
I know I'm not right all the time. If I *think* I'm right, I can be hard to shut up. If it has been a hard fought argument, and it turns out I WAS right, I love a good, long, loud I TOLD YOU SO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts