Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to get out of the "life is soososososososooo boring" phases we tend to randomly weave in and out of?

I mean, you know, faster.

4,757 Posts
I would take a walk. By the time you get back you will feel more relaxed than bored.
Posted via Mobile Device
Go be in nature and let your thoughts flow. How can that ever be boring?

Reactions: Aelthwyn and Nasmoe

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Kid: Mom, I'm bored.
Mom: Then stop being boring.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Teacher used to say that to kids in my class. I never understood what that meant. lol
I means that excitement is created and not found. It means that you attempt to live the life you always wanted instead of waiting for the universe to give it to you.

The world is full of possibilities. Our minds have boundless imagination. When we get stuck in that boredom rut, it's a sign that we got comfortable and got boring and stop trying to push ourselves and test our boundaries.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,259 Posts
sometimes I use my times of feeling bored as a motivation to do stuff I don't like to do- like chores, because those things usually get put off because I'm so involved in the stuff I want to do and enjoy that I just never get around to them. Often once I finish the chores it builds up a sense of accomplishment, satisfaction, and reliefe of anxiety over things not done coming back to bite me, and this can help me to feel more positive and motivated regarding the things I do enjoy. However, I'm not sure that's exactly what you're talking about.

Life in the outside world is frequently boring I suppose when it's ocupied with chores and work and stuff other people want you to do, but at least for me life on the inside is never boring. There are always interesting things to think about and immagine.

I do sometimes experience points where I feel like I don't have any good ideas, no creative energy to give, and then I'll turn to reading. I think of it as switching between a taking in mode and a producing mode. When I lack inspiration and can't get myself excited about any new projects or stories or ideas, then I need more intake of inspiring materal. So, I look at pictures, get out in nature, read books, and generally seek new experiences and input. Inevitably something will spark my imagination and then I'll be filled with that creative energy once more. It's that which motivates me to persue life.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Think about the kids in india, making H&M clothes for nothing all day.
Try to relate by doing more homework than you usually would do.
Feel happy that you tried to relate. Go to a grocery store and buy pie-making supplies. Then eat pie after creating it. Feel even more happy. Idk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find myself in this "bored of life" phase right now actually, so can relate. And I'm typically not one to let my hobbies and passions slide so far down my priority list. Well, I think the problem is that I've become bored of those hobbies. Darn Ne. Oddly enough, I'm going through a transition period in my life (or close to it), where I'm preparing to move out of the state and change careers. The problem is, I have several months before this long anticipated change, so now I'm fining myself in a rut and lacking the motivation to take up hobbies or projects.

I totally get that "stop being boring" statement, but sometimes you find yourself stuck. Where it is incredibly hard to work up motivation to do things. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this and knows what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Make art/music, write fictional stories, put the creativity you were gifted as an INFP into reality, this is how I avert my boredom usually :D

INFPs are often interested in serving, so doing volunteer work can also help them feel better about themselves and how they spend their time. We are often quite hard on ourselves because we take life so seriously, and may beat ourselves up over wasting precious time, and volunteering is certainly a good way to avoid those negative feelings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts