Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression.

Reactions: boredToDeath

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I was diagnosed with anxiety...social phobia...I had that because I would avoid social activity
I also have ADD lol...obvious...no?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm too afraid to ask my doctor, but I believe I have Geralized Anxiety and/or Avoident Personality Disorder. I know I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I can cope with that.:proud:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A.D.D(cure= meds), Anxiety(cure=meditation every morning) , Insomnia (cure= meds) They say I'm not depressed just situational depression.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think I have some kind of ADD. Is that common among INFPs?

Anyways, before I found out I was INFP I used to try and figure out why I'm so weird by trying to self-diagnose with everything from asperger's to depression, but now I understand why I'm not weird - just rather misunderstood because I'm INFP. At the end of the day, I think I've just got mild ADD.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Probably all of the above, but I'm a little leery of psychiatry. It may have something to do with when my family would get abusive and my mother would scream about there 'being something wrong with me' and then name some disorder of the week. When I left home, I learned to take a "Screw you, YOU'RE the messed up one" approach to the whole thing, which was extremely freeing and allowed me to like myself for the first time in 20 years. ... So maybe I just don't want to prove her right? Real well adjusted, I know.

Also, (again, related to my family issues) the idea of 'shut up and take this pill' ... yeah, bothers me. Maybe I have REASONS to be depressed and I should deal with stuff (reaching out to others, engaging with my life instead of avoiding, building mental discipline...) instead of taking a pill to stuff it down?

·
Registered
224 Posts
INTP here.
I have generalized anxiety disorder (partial cure = breathing exercises + more socializing + meditation), depression, and seasonal affective disorder.

I havent been able to solve the depression, i might need meds. I'm worried about that.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i was diagnosed with depression and was on cipralex for a while. I dont think i have depression though... flawed thinking at times yes, but to say i am mentally ill , well, i won't admit to that anymore

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I use medication for my ADD although I've been thinking it'll be better to try and manage my symptoms...I've gotten over anxiety and general sadness by basically changing my way of thinking...I think I was beocming depressed, I felt it, but I changed how my brain looked at things

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have been diagnosed with ADD. I might have an social anxiety type of disorder, but I haven't been diagnosed. I might see someone about that one day though.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression.
I've had depression off-and-on for AT LEAST the past three years. Now that I'm finally getting treated for it, I feel like an entirely new person. I mean my confidence is way up, I have much more energy, and I just got a beautiful girl to go out with me. Honestly, it's like I entirely skipped the past 3 years. You can really see this from my photo collection. I have a bunch of photos of me from high school, and a few from recently. But there's absolutely nothing from the past 2 and a half years, cause I was nearly completely withdrawn from society during that time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
INTP here.
I have generalized anxiety disorder (partial cure = breathing exercises + more socializing + meditation), depression, and seasonal affective disorder.

I havent been able to solve the depression, i might need meds. I'm worried about that.
medication well help you with wonders, life will be a lot better for you I have seen my friend start taking it after a month she was so happy, I could cry.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
INTP here.

Don't be, they can really change your life. If it weren't for my meds I never would've been able to finally realize how wonderful life is.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I've had depression off-and-on for AT LEAST the past three years. Now that I'm finally getting treated for it, I feel like an entirely new person. I mean my confidence is way up, I have much more energy, and I just got a beautiful girl to go out with me. Honestly, it's like I entirely skipped the past 3 years. You can really see this from my photo collection. I have a bunch of photos of me from high school, and a few from recently. But there's absolutely nothing from the past 2 and a half years, cause I was nearly completely withdrawn from society during that time.
that's good to hear dude :) i was on meds to treat my depression but it didn't do anything for me. Are you on meds or therapy or mixture of both?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I've been diagnosed with ADD and for a while I thought I was bipolar. turns out it was just hypoglycemia and lethargy from low blood sugar bringing out my untrained T side of me and causing me to lash out at my closest friends for no reason and not care in the slightest (not saying that T makes you do that, but it's what made me not care since it was an unhealthy and untrained preference)

1 - 20 of 168 Posts