Personality Cafe banner

How old were you when you had your first serious crush?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like the rest, I don't know what constitutes as "serious" but I would say when I was 13. There was this girl who was absolutely gorgeous and has a very nice personality, like a perfect model kid/sweetheart. My heart would skip a beat whenever I see her. And once when I got paired with her for an outing, I couldn't fall asleep the night before. It lasted for 7 whole years, but I didn't dare making a move on her because I pretty much thought I wouldn't stand a chance. I still can't believe how long I fell for her. I think 7 years of infatuation is long enough to make the term infatuation illegal.

We remained friends till now and I recently had the honour to perform at her wedding. Such is life.

·
Registered
362 Posts
14.And he died after a year of being together with me
That's awful. I wish to hug you.

It's ironic because I was going to make this post about my first real crush and a crush from a TV show. However, both happened the same year, so no confusion about age.

I went to a small school, so at the time my class was 8-9 boys. It wasn't a boy only school, but there were only boy in my class. Then one day we get a new student, who was the first girl that I knew who was 1) My age 2) At the same level of maturity 3) Knew some things about video games. At the time I just wanted to be around her, get to know her which in later years would lead me to do all kinds of weird boy stuff. I did win a Pitch (card game) tournament one year with her and got probably the only hug from her ever. And that was it, we never talked to each other much during high school.

None of my crushes have ever made me "feel alive" they're just people who I think I would like to have in my life romantically. Mostly it was just me living in teenage male fantasy land, just listen to Girls by The Beastie Boys and you'll get it! :laughing:

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I think I was 14 or 15 at the time.

I remember when I was sitting in class, and I was really frustrated about something (I can't remember what exactly). Well apparently it was really obvious because the girl who sat right next to me felt really bad for me. She gave me a rather up lifting pep talk, and even offered to buy me lunch without me even having to pay her back. Before then I never really noticed her. I mean she was pretty cute, but not gorgeous or anything. After that one day though, I had quite the crush on her. I didn't do anything about it of course because I was way too shy and insecure (plus I think she had a boyfriend at the time).

I'll never forget her.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well as far as "aesthetic" crushes go my first one was at a hotel pool when I was six. Vacation crushes are the only fun ones.

Real and intense has happened once. I was 16-17 and it was terrible and hillarious.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ah jeez.. I had the biggest crush on this girl named Jill.since the first time I layed eyes on her, the fantasizing never ended. I was in second grade when I met her. She's always been a strong extrovert and we had the same bus stop. I almost lost my virginity to her at age 18, but I was still a prude and couldn't pull the trigger. We still got a little freaky, though!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I was about 5 or 6. That said, I was also one of those boys who never bought into the idea behind "cooties" - always had a weird look for people who did, too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hahaha it would be a really awkward hug :laughing:
But really I'm fine now.Its been years since that day.I mean,by now I should have moved on right?
Eh, a hug is a hug! As far as move on? I dunno, it still affected your life. It's good not to dwell on it but I don't think you should totally ignore it. I'm sure there's times where you think about it, and that's okay. :happy:

Anyway, I feel like a weird edge-case in this thread. There were only 3 women (not counting teachers) in my life up until 3rd grade. And then there were only 5-6 until I was in high school. I think it kind of screwed up the way I look at women, idealizing them and such. They were never just friends or schoolmates, they were girls.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't remember the exact age, but it was around 6 and under. Nothing romantic, of course. But I can still remember the feeling, the rush, the spinning, the intensity.

The first romantic crush was around 12 or so.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
18. Talked to her not even three times but I'm still not completely over it (19 now), even after falling hard for someone else.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had my first serious crush in my first year of college, so 17-18 years old. Before that, I'd been having crushes since I was 12, and I was immensely infatuated each time. I liked my first two guys four years each, and there was only one year I was free of liking anybody. However, all these crushes were completely based on aesthetic attraction, and not genuine romantic attraction. I would project my ideas of romance onto them. It could also include the reason, "the person was nice," but it was superficial. I didn't realize all this until I had that aforementioned, serious crush. Our friendship didn't last a year, let alone my crush on him, because Drama happened between him and I.

But I knew this was a serious crush, because it was the first time that (1) I didn't care at all about how he looked, (2) I felt I could truly relate to him; it was beyond "he's simply nice," and (4) I was so eager to do anything for him, even though he was emotionally unhealthy at the time (and so was I, stupidly ready to take burdens for him).

Ever since I got over him, I barely crush on anybody now. I still get aesthetically attracted to people often, but I remain unfazed. I got a second serious crush last year because the guy reached out to me like nobody else when I was supremely down in the dumps. I repeat: like nobody else. Because it's easy to like someone who comforts you, but I've got plenty of supportive friends and family. So, he truly reached me. This crush ended because he left school, and my feelings were just beginning to bloom, so it was good timing before I felt too engrossed. We are still good friends today.

Thanks to these experiences, I'll know when I'll like someone "seriously" from here on out. For me, it is when someone can emotionally touch me deeply. And then, it's when I'm prepared to like them and consider doing anything for them regardless of their weird aspects and flaws. I can no longer assign any specific traits to an ideal partner like "funny," "dark hair," "likes art," etc. because I understand now that it's irrelevant.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I had my first serious crush in 7th grade, so I would have been 12 or 13. I had guys I thought were cool before that, maybe even liked, but I didn't actually want to date them. I remember being really excited that one of them asked one of my close friends to the middle school hayride, because that meant he and my two friends and I could all hang out together! (I sometimes wish crushes still worked that way for me, but I can kind of see why they wouldn't anymore.)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was 17 when I got stoned and stayed up all night watching nothing but Grimes interviews. By late night/early morning I was completely obsessed and had planned to run away with my best friend to LA where Grimes lives so I could somehow find her and end up dating. ??????. Halfway through the next day I realized it would never happen and promptly broke down in tears. It's pretty hilarious looking back on it but at the time I took it extremely seriously and felt like my world had shattered. hah. I still love Grimes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I was 16, only one or two months before I turned 17, until about 1 1/2 months ago. A nice girl, but after I thought about it for quite some time, I felt like we wouldn't really fit together, although we like each other. She's also quite friendzone-ish.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Approx age 4. My swimming instructor. I'd hang off of him and I think I went as far to kiss him one day.

He wasn't into it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I was 17 when I got stoned and stayed up all night watching nothing but Grimes interviews. By late night/early morning I was completely obsessed and had planned to run away with my best friend to LA where Grimes lives so I could somehow find her and end up dating. ??????. Halfway through the next day I realized it would never happen and promptly broke down in tears. It's pretty hilarious looking back on it but at the time I took it extremely seriously and felt like my world had shattered. hah. I still love Grimes.
i too have a crush on grimes, she's such a cutie and seems like she'd be really fun and cool to hang out with. i admire her a lot as a self-taught, self-producing, self-everything else artist, also. i fucks with that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i too have a crush on grimes, she's such a cutie and seems like she'd be really fun and cool to hang out with. i admire her a lot as a self-taught, self-producing, self-everything else artist, also. i fucks with that.
YES Grimes is so so lovely!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts