Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder where they are.
I know some in the internet, but in real life?
ESFJs around me.
God no. xD.

Reactions: Gracerina

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mainly reading/studying/looking for work/applying for said work.

Otherwise I can sometimes be found having lunch with a friend or similar

·
Registered
420 Posts
University library camping on my laptop, at home, at a friends, and at the local park. Takes someone twisting my arm to go to a pub or party. Maybe the pool-hall with a buddy.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Classes, sitting outside someplace that is perfect to sit but where nobody ever seems to sit with a book and headphones and sunglasses, walking and making weird faces because I am having imaginary conversations or remembering past jokes and being distracted by butterflies, floating in the ocean, laying in the grass or pool and staring at the stars at night, shopping and spending half an hour looking at each random object...

I might look unapproachable, but if you talk to me, I will smile and be nice. Somebody got me to take off my headphones to hand me a coupon today. I can't say you would know that I'm an infp, but you will probably make my day. I never expect people to talk to me, and I live for the unpredictable. :happy:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
well, i'd be the one guy that opens the door to others on my travels in the area. Also the college and an occasional retail store to browse prices on a daily, as well as work which is a bed and breakfast. i guess we really are rare, though, since 3/150 people i know of are categorized as INFPs. everyone around me does their own thing. also, my life is filled with advocates; not another, to my knowledge, to be found.

Reactions: refugee

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
well, i'd be the one guy that opens the door to others on my travels in the area. Also the college and an occasional retail store to browse prices on a daily, as well as work which is a bed and breakfast. i guess we really are rare, though, since 3/150 people i know of are categorized as INFPs. everyone around me does their own thing. also, my life is filled with advocates; not another, to my knowledge, to be found.
I would LOVE to run a bed and breakfast somewhere clean and fancy. I think I would enjoy making travelers happy and warm. MMMMM, you just got me thinking seriously man......

·
Registered
715 Posts
The most secluded spot in the most unobvious building on campus that you could (or couldn't) find.

Or my dorm room. Whichever suits my whim at the time. :happy:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yesterday I spent the whole day in my house reading. The day before that I was in my house watching some anime with my boyfriend and then had a game night with my friends... and today I'll go to campus to sit in a few lectures, probably eat a pizza with my boyfriend and after that I have a meeting of the board of my student organization. Actually I joined the board because I thought that way I'll be able to meet more people and eventually an other INFP but to be honest that plan hasn't worked out. I think INFPs aren't very drawn to organizations and after ½ year with those SJ on board I don't wonder why. And tomorrow I got more lectures and a friend coming to my place in the evening.

So yeah, basically everything happens in my house and with a few people closest to me. In the campus I always try to find the most remote place where I can enjoy my solitude. It's hard to find INFPs. It's like we're avoiding other people on purpose.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I'll be in the office, hoping it will be a quiet day with not too many people bugging me. Or I will be home behind my pc. And on occasion spending time with my best and only RL friend(ENFJ).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, you've made my day.
Well, you could find me in the library, reading philosophy books, and walking thru the streets alone -because i love being alone-. And listening to music. (L)
Never at home since I can't stand being there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can find me in my house, daydreaming.

You can find me at work, daydreaming.

Or at my sister's house. Or my mother's house. Or my best friend Adrienne's house.

I like to go for walks late at night.

On the weekends (and sometimes a night or two during the week), you can find me at any local bar/food establishment wearing a very extroverted and socially charming mask that I love to take off the second I walk back through the door of my home.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You can find me looking bored at work (bookstore!), sitting at my desk, playing around on the INFP forum pretending to be working. :) I'm not the best customer service person, so I'll probably not even give you eye contact if you need a book from me. I'll give you the book you want in the blink of an eye, which may cause you to doubt that I am giving you the right book (because how can someone be so quick with something so complicated as finding the right book?) and as you examine the book with your doubtful eyes, I will speak very succinctly and probably give you the impression that I really don't give a shit. You'll realize that I may not give a shit but at least I gave you the right book and now you can go on with your life and forget about me.

After work you might find me at a show either playing music or watching my friends play music. Or else I'm at a friend's house drinking beer and being dorky. I go to restaurants a lot with my husband after work too. We like to sit far away from other tables and tv sets. I hate tv's. If I'm not out at friends house, a show or a restaurant/bar I'm at home sitting on the couch with my cat, petting him and listlessly staring at the wall, trying to get some motivation to do something creative. If I do find that motivation is usually means I just write in my diary, talk to myself, cook something, read someone else's diary or watch a stupid movie. I'm kind of lame these days...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have a friend that is INFP :) He's a really cool guy. And umm...where I met him? At school..since we are classmates :happy:
Otherwise... I don't know many INFPies in real life.. I only know the ones I've met online :p

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
In my Room, College, the nearby Forest or somewhere quiet like a Graveyard. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I would LOVE to run a bed and breakfast somewhere clean and fancy. I think I would enjoy making travelers happy and warm. MMMMM, you just got me thinking seriously man......
its what we do! :laughing: I'm glad I could help you refugee!

Also, relating to the thread starter's post, the other two INFPs I know usually hang out at the place snear their home or dorm, or go out looking for things that inspire them to do what they do, which one is a musician and the other is a cinematographer / artist.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
From the topic, I thought this question would be "So how do you act in everyday life?" :crazy: Which is actually an interesting question, considering Fi and-- *shakes self* Sorry. Off topic.

Anyway, I'm mostly at home, then at college. Martial arts class. And, uh... that's mostly it now that school started. Check out this thread.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You can find me at libraries, parks, school and at my workplace. If I'm not alone, I'm usually with my boyfriend playing with Sock Monkey.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I complained in the older thread about INFPs not putting themselves in places where people can make their acquaintance. I'm still complaining. Join a club or something if meeting INFPs is a goal.

Also, I have an idea for a virtual map function, with dots representing where (at least in the USA) members live, with type and maybe gender and age (and username for the brave) shown next to each dot. Has anything like that been done before?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts