Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
If I can't size them up within 5 minutes, I'm either falling asleep or that's one hell of a person.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
Pro tip: if you assume that they're nit being genuine, you'll be right 95% of the time.

Reactions: Eerie and Shibui

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it's an INFP thing to sense energies (Or perhaps even hidden energies) that other non-intuitive people can''t feel.

So yes, it's an INFP thing. That's why a lot of us are in the field of social science. And that's why i'm personally have a very strong attraction to psychology. Ever since I was a child I was aware of the vibrations I got from other people. And usually a matter of right or wrong never comes up.:wink:

·
Banned
932 Posts
whaaaaaat??? it's human nature to sense other human energies. You guys don't have like some magical power just because you are 'intuitves'. I have the exact same cognitive functions as you and I am not an intuitive. All humans can read people and all humans give off energy. This isn't limited to INFPs only.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
whaaaaaat??? it's human nature to sense other human energies. You guys don't have like some magical power just because you are 'intuitves'. I have the exact same cognitive functions as you and I am not an intuitive. All humans can read people and all humans give off energy. This isn't limited to INFPs only.
I don't think anyones implying only an infp does it; but that what we're talking about here is a specific infp brand of sensing authenticity. It's a subjective sense of authenticity based on internal criteria.

To me, Fi seems to be so finely subjective, it creates very acute portraits of people. Not a portrait based on actions; but on motivations, drives, inner mechanisms.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
right here. this person claimed it to be an INFP thing.
I stand corrected.

But as I say, "it is a xxxx thing" does not mean, "it is only a xxxx thing", just like "men are taller than women" does not mean "all men are taller than women".

I think it is misguided to suggest authenticity is only the realm of an intuitive, I agree with that (especially considering an infp is not a dominant intuiitve). But I think infps' and especially the enneatype fours put a lot of stock into genuineness and may even look down on people who they deem as not genuine. There seems to be a lot of focus on this quality of people in particular, perhaps compared to other types. But the comparing to other types is silly anyway. It's not really claiming a "gift" (although it depends how you look at it, enneagram fours like being "special"), but addressing proficiency and natural focus.

"That is an xxxx thing" often means, "I do that too" in "infp" language. It's just the communication style of confirmation, validation and group identification, I guess.

Being naturally focused on something does not pertain to doing it well or skillfully either.

·
Banned
932 Posts
I stand corrected.

But as I say, "it is a xxxx thing" does not mean, "it is only a xxxx thing", just like "men are taller than women" does not mean "all men are taller than women".

I think it is misguided to suggest authenticity is only the realm of an intuitive, I agree with that (especially considering an infp is not a dominant intuiitve). But I think infps' and especially the enneatype fours put a lot of stock into genuineness and may even look down on people who they deem as not genuine. There seems to be a lot of focus on this quality of people in particular, perhaps compared to other types. But the comparing to other types is silly anyway. It's not really claiming a "gift" (although it depends how you look at it, enneagram fours like being "special"), but addressing proficiency and natural focus.

Being naturally focused on something does not pertain to doing it well or skillfully either.

Yes, I think this is an Fi thing more than anything. ISFPs are the same way. You are right in that it is your natural instinct to do so. However, when I get triggered to become an ENFP, I can make just as much use of Ne-Fi as well. So, it is not limited to certain types, like you said. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Yes, I think this is an Fi thing more than anything. ISFPs are the same way. You are right in that it is your natural instinct to do so. However, when I get triggered to become an ENFP, I can make just as much use of Ne-Fi as well. So, it is not limited to certain types, like you said. Thanks.
Yeah, I agree. I think all people do it, but to different degrees and for different purposes. I have noticed isfps' are focused on ingenuity too, and they're much better at the accuracy in judgment than I am haha. I am very susceptible to confirmation bias :unsure:

I understand that the constant claim of intuition being some magical gift is probably very irksome....

·
Banned
932 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I think all people do it, but to different degrees and for different purposes. I have noticed isfps' are focused on ingenuity too, and they're much better at the accuracy in judgment than I am haha. I am very susceptible to confirmation bias :unsure: haha.

I understand that the constant claim of intuition being some magical gift is probably very irksome....

whether it is magical or not, everyone has it and is perfectly capably of making use of it. It is not limited to intuitives only.

·
Registered
16 Posts
right here. this person claimed it to be an INFP thing.
Sure, it may be an INFP thing, but nobody ever said that other types couldn't possess this quality as well. Nobody's bashing any other type or saying that INFPs are superior in the sense that they can intuitively feel others' emotions. I'm sure we're all smart enough to know that ALL people are capable of being intuitive, even if they're an S; just like all people have feelings, even if they're not an F, or being able to think even if they're not a T. :) Nobody's saying that you, or any other type, isn't capable of reading a person's authenticity. They're just talking about if this is a common trait among INFPs, a discussion that has nothing to do with any other type's emotional capacity.
Nobody's questioning your ability to intuitively sense people. I just think you misunderstood what they were saying. :)

·
Banned
932 Posts
Sure, it may be an INFP thing, but nobody ever said that other types couldn't possess this quality as well. Nobody's bashing any other type or saying that INFPs are superior in the sense that they can intuitively feel others' emotions. I'm sure we're all smart enough to know that ALL people are capable of being intuitive, even if they're an S; just like all people have feelings, even if they're not an F, or being able to think even if they're not a T. :) Nobody's saying that you, or any other type, isn't capable of reading a person's authenticity. They're just talking about if this is a common trait among INFPs, a discussion that has nothing to do with any other type's emotional capacity.
Nobody's questioning your ability to intuitively sense people. I just think you misunderstood what they were saying. :)
do i need to quote it again?? that person said it's an INFP thing to sense energies that non-intuitives cant.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
do i need to quote it again?? that person said it's an INFP thing to sense energies that non-intuitives cant.
This is often the result of lack of understanding of the system, me thinks.

I sure as hell can't sense peoples vibrations. Would like that ability very much though *evil grin*

1 - 20 of 39 Posts