Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you ever called light-hearted, happy go lucky, jovial, convivial, gregarious, amiable, cheerful or similar words? I am sometimes, but other times reserved, a bit aloof, and intense. I think INFPs are seen as intense and brooding rather than light-hearted. We can have that sense of humour though.

5,146 Posts

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
It depends on who I'm around. I act happy go lucky around my friends (when I'm with more than one), but otherwise, I'm quite aloof. Overall, I'm more on the aloof end of the INFP spectrum (according to The 3 subtypes of INFP, I am an Idealist). I do like being carefree and cheerful at times, but I find it to be emotionally draining (if this says anything, one time I was acting silly and making my friends laugh for so long that when I left them, I started crying from feeling too emotionally drained; I felt like a fatigued child that had walked for far too long, only it was internal and emotion-based). However, we certainly do have that sense of humor. I just think that some INFPs find acting carefree and happy go lucky for too long to be fun in the moment but draining overall, and I'm sure some others truly do enjoy being jovial and lighthearted without finding it to be too tiring for them (namely the Healer subtype, based on what I gathered from the subtypes thread).

But yeah, I'd certainly check out the 3 subtypes of INFP thread. It will certainly give you more of an idea of how some INFPs act and why.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm terribly shy around people I don't know, but I'm defininity on the "light hearted" side, because people are always telling me to shut up and be more serious:laughing:! I think according to the three subtypes I'd be a dreamer:happy:!

5,146 Posts
I'm an Idealist according to that :0

NOT TRUE I'M A BITTER CYNIC... ok, just a frustrated idealist :(
Lol, looked at that list and it's basically:

"So, these people are too thinking, too intuitive, etc. to be INFPs but I want them to be INFPs so, I'll invent INFP subtypes."

Let's look into the rosetta stone of the human soul spreadsheet and see:

Here's a model I made where there are 3 INFP subtypes, let me know your thoughts and also whether you think the examples I put in match up correctly. Thanks! :D

Healer - INFP
Ne deficit
Si surplus
Te surplus

Correlations:
-Enneagram 6, 1, 2 and Social variant
-xLxAN
-Sanguine

Description:
The Healer subtype is the most supportive and social type. Their perceptive caring, lively charisma and quirky expressiveness are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their tedious perfectionism, attention seeking and unambitious aspirations

Labelled as: flirty, fake, annoying, edgy, melodramatic

Example Celebrities: Chloe Sevigny, Louie C.K., Florence Welch
Zai'nyy, Nai'xyy, Nai'xyy.

So, INTP and two INFJs.

Obviously, dominant Ti and tertiary Ti. Perfectionism of Ti + Ni confused with Si in INFJs.

Fe is caring, has charisma. Ni is quirky.

Idealist - INFP
Ne surplus
Si deficit
Te surplus

Correlations:
-Enneagram 4, 5, 8 and Sexual variant
-xLxEI
-Melancholic

Description:
The Idealist subtype is the most intense and independent type. Their artistic depth, warm passion and determined idealism are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their pessimistic attitude, aloof demeanor and unstable emotions

Labelled as: depressing, lonely, emo, cold, distant

Example Celebrities: Kurt Cobain, Johnny Depp, Regina Spektor
Nai'xyy, Nai'xyy, Nyy'xai

So, two INFJs and an ENFP.

Dominant intuition and values based discernment provide fertile grounds for idealism.

"Te surplus" because both have tertiary logic based discernment.
"Si deficit" because both have inferior S. Limited contact with concrete reality.

Dreamer - INFP
Ne surplus
Si surplus
Te deficit

Correlations:
-Enneagram 9, 7, 3 and Self-Preservation variant
-xCUAx
-Phlegmatic

Description:
The Dreamer subtype is the most relaxed and easygoing type. Their gentle enthusiasm, daydreamy curiosity and forgiving nature are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their disorganised clumsiness, lethargic approach and general naivety.

Labelled as: weak, messy, stupid, lazy, weird

Example celebrities: Andrew Garfield, Mary Kate Olsen, Chris Martin
Nai'xyy, Zai'nyy, Nai'xyy

Obviously Ti somehow involved and also Ni-heavy for INFJs? Ni can be really weird and weak, messy, lazy, could be related to undeveloped inferior Se.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ah, I'd say I have a bit of all those three subtypes... for some reason I always test sanguine, and I honestly don't know why because it certainly don't fit me. I'm not happy-go-lucky or particularily light-hearted, although I could perhaps appear that way depending on how much of an effort I make to not let people see my broody nature - I personally see myself as rather pessimistic and aloof, but for some reason I don't think most people really notice just how much. So I guess I come across as something inbetween, at least at first. Then depending on the circumstances I probably either grow increasingly aloof or increasingly social.

Then again, I have been diagnosed with a depression, so obviously that factors into it all, and probably make me a lot more pessimistic and broody that I would naturally be - but I've been on the cusp of depression for so long that I don't know any better anymore, so what would be natural doesn't really matter. However, I don't think I'm intense, at all - I just don't have that air about me, neither in the good charismatic way nor the broody, murderous stare.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I'm an Idealist according to that :0

NOT TRUE I'M A BITTER CYNIC... ok, just a frustrated idealist :(
"Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have like three different personas, one's the brooding, overly curious, slightly procrastinate introvert, and I mean introvert. The second is "can stand to be around a group of people and still keep my cool for approximately five hours and have a forth of my energy left to get myself home and chill". And the last is so happy I'm overwhelmed by myself, cannot wait until I'm not manic for a while, the sides of my mouth hurt from all this smiling, sarcastic introvert." All three have an undying love for just reading. Wth.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I definitely fit the first one. People sort of treat me like I'm a wide-eyed child. The wealth of positive emotions are so ridiculous! But they move me to do so many silly things. Like ... lol ... there's something so moving about flash mobs. For some reason when I see them I can hardly help myself from crying, but a good cry.

The intensity and broodiness was very pronounced from ages 14 to about 28. I think I slowly came upon the bubbly side by being independent, learning about my own identity and authenticity, and having the freedom to experience the world the way I wanted to. Also, maturity.

Oh, and therapy. Yes. The therapy helps a lot. hehe. But for real, I can be both. I spend about 90% of the time in a more healthy way and about 10% of the time something knocks the wind out of me and I'm a little slower to bounce back than others. I can get stuck in ruts, but I know my patterns and I know how to handle myself - and see warning signs to keep myself in check. For example, if I'm not having a dream every night, that's one of the biggest clues to me that something's up. One thing that I have found helpful during the intense broody moods is using Socratic (critical thinking) thought processes to get myself unstuck.

Reactions: Miniblini

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I am called only those things... Lighthearted and happy and postive, because I refuse to let people see me any other way.

Oh, and therapy. Yes. The therapy helps a lot. hehe. But for real, I can be both. I spend about 90% of the time in a more healthy way and about 10% of the time something knocks the wind out of me and I'm a little slower to bounce back than others. I can get stuck in ruts, but I know my patterns and I know how to handle myself - and see warning signs to keep myself in check. For example, if I'm not having a dream every night, that's one of the biggest clues to me that something's up. One thing that I have found helpful during the intense broody moods is using Socratic (critical thinking) thought processes to get myself unstuck.
I seem to be about 80-20, but I am getting there. I am currently experiencing the latter, but I will give this critical thinking a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts