Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may or may not know, PerCafe has a few newly added smiley icons.

Look at this smiley - - ->> :perc2:

What is it's story? What is it trying to say? When should it be used?

It is only identified with this file name "perc2"

My possibilities:

1. Ate too many lemons and the pucker factor is currently off the scale.
  2. Rushed during the morning and cut self shaving.
  3. Master of the smirk, arrogant bastard.
  4. Deformed at birth, smile doesn't work correctly.
  5. Applied lipstick wrong (drunk).
  6. Blind jazz player who, 25 years ago won the Grammy for Best Jazz Performance By A Round Yellow Head w/No Body.

What say you?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
INFP who thought he would be cool if he put those 'cool' glasses on, but he realized he is being a total fake, and has a cry smile that kids have in between smiling and crying.
A person with a partial facial paralysis with cool glasses on (probably to hide his closed eye lid).

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@A_doghouse_for_cats hehehe... good one!

I have more:

1. The smileys name is Pat. Pat is filming the music video "The Future Is So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"

2. The yellow smiley has two personalities and genders. Male/female and Happy/Sad. See how the smile on the face can't make up it's mind. up? down? Torn between two emotions/personalities.

3. Whoops, someone fell down the stairs while high on Meth Friday night and has a big ol' shiner! Can't go to work with a big ol' shiner showing, hand me the shades!

:perc2:

·
Administrator
15,064 Posts
Classical deceptive body language.

Smiling with only one side of his face...grimacing with the other.

Wearing opaque glasses...so we can't tell the expression of his eyes. (The eyes are the gateway to the soul...but his are obscured in darkness.)

Absence of other body parts--purposefully omitting or obscuring other sources of body language.

He is bigger than the rest of the smileys...suggesting inflated ego or delusions of grandeur.

I think he might be related to some of the bottom dwelling flatfish...but it's just a hunch.

He's kind of cute. I am into that dark triad thing...and also flounders.

I will feel really guilty about this if it turns out he has neurological issues and is blind.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Are we to analyze the 'body language' of emoticons? This is wonderful :) Only on PerC.....haha :)
You bet!
Okay so, Perc2 has a tinted view of reality. The colors aren't explosive, full, bright, and beautiful. Due to seeing life in this view for a long time, one becomes hesitant to see life in a new refreshing light; afraid even. Ever been in a dark theater, then walk outside during high noon? It's overwhelming to the eyes!
These sunglasses represents Perc2 being a little too comfortable with the way things are. There is a fear of facing that intense beaming sunshine.

To carry on with life without causing a scene, Perc2 has forced a smile. This smile looks rather awkward and artificial, but it's enough to fool other people into thinking Perc2 is a happy individual. Perc2 thinks that any leakage of internal emotions invites other people to feel down too, so Perc2 would rather let people carry on with their happy lives rather than give attention to Perc2's psychological issues.

All combined, the mask of 'coolness' (sunglasses) and 'overall happy smiley' (awkward smile) is how our Perc2 goes in life.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhhhh... these are ALL great. Thank you for the interpretations!

:perc2:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
:perc2: Oh Perc2, such a brave little man! When you first look at him, you might think that he's just a typical cool guy with the shiny sunglasses and a dashing, although slightly slanted smirk, but looks can be deceiving. This yellow man wasn't always as confident looking as he is now, actually, he didn't have a face at all! That is because our friend Perc2 used to be just an ordinary ball.

It was the end of year 2014, and the ball pit in the family-friendly Italian restaurant called "Personalità caffè" was once again crowded with energetic little kids, jumping around hectically. The colorful sea of plastic was stormier than ever, as the toddlers were playing gods and chaotically rampaging their way around the pit, making the whole room rumble. The wildly coloured balls were being thrown, tackled and harrassed by these young monsters, but then again, they were just objects, it's not like they can feel anything, right? Well, it turns out one of them was different, one of them felt it all. And his name was Perc2.

Perc2 had been trying to communicate with all the other balls for ages without any luck. None of them would answer to his friendly small talk, his work-related jokes about the heavy-handed children or even his sorrowful cries of desperation (because yes, even though he didn't have a face he was able to see, hear and talk! I told you he was an extraordinary dude). It wasn't that the others didn't like him, they just weren't alive in the same way Perc2 was. They couldn't talk to him, for they were exactly what they appeared to be: colorful plastic balls. So, after spending his life in loneliness for three tormenting years, Perc2 finally decided to take matters into his own hands. "Tonight I'm gonna leave this dump!" he roared like a warrior.

So, when an overly-excited kid's sweaty hand finally threw him out of the ball pit onto the wooden floors of the busy restaurant, instead of stopping and waiting for someone to pick him up, Perc2 kept on rolling, making his way out the door. He was determined to change his life. He didn't want to be seen as a boring object anymore, he wanted to be a human. This is why, once he had gotten out of the Personalità caffè, he immediately started looking for a pen. It was his lucky day, because it turns out the Italian restaurant was situated in a small shopping center, and straight next to his old home was a huge stationery store. Also, for some reason nobody found the lonely yellow ball rolling on the ground by itself weird. I guess people just aren't that observant.

Inside the store Perc2's amazing luck continued as next to the counter he found a pen lying down on the ground. The owner of the shop was quite old and probably hadn't even noticed she was missing her favourite two-coloured marker! Perc2 wasn't too concerned about the lady's feelings, and took the pen with him into the back room where he instantly started drawing himself a face. He soon realized that art isn't as easy as it looks, and decided to replace the messy, slightly devilish eyes he had first tried to do with black sunglasses. They were much cooler anyway. Then with the red end of the marker, he gave himself a vague smirk (as I said, he didn't really excell in art). He looked at his reflection in the mirror and as he examined his new facial features, he finally felt peaceful. Perc2 was happy.

So I guess he then proceeded to find a new job here at the forum! At least he isn't tortured by violent kids anymore. Good for him!

(wow I really went to town with this post)

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
looks like his nose got flattened to the side against the windscreen of his bike and the blood is running down onto his frowny mouth.

Or in the midst of licking his lips his tongue encountered something distasteful

·
Registered
951 Posts
Enjoyed reading all your interpretations. :happy:

What PerC is missing is a really good confused/perplexed/shocked smiley, there have been several occasions where I've looked for one.

And what am I supposed to do with any of these??? :th_blush::th_woot::th_wink::th_sur::th_sad::th_o::th_love: *confused*

Anyway: :perc2:

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
We just got more than what we had before. I thought they had removed some that I use, like :blush:

Havn't found a use for the smiley in OP. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
We just got more than what we had before. I thought they had removed some that I use, like :blush:

Havn't found a use for the smiley in OP. :unsure:
:th_blush:
Ok, this is an additional Mr. Blush, but is not blushing. It is hiding its blush under a ninja mask. It is made for the PerC population that hides the blushing when embarrassed. I also found the old :blushed: for which I thought it was gone. I must get a life.

Reactions: mushr00m and Sily

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hang on, I didn't notice the 'more' button…

:perc3:

Blush doesn't work.
Haha... neither did I!!! Guess that means something! Oh man, it's right there in front I see now. *blush*

:th_sur: <- - - - this has the file name th_sur.gif. It looks like an anus to me. :frustrating:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts