Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Single now, but I guess I can still describe my idea of one. Mentally, I like a romantic, loyal, trustworthy, possibly interested in similar things (games, writing), introverted, doesn't have or want kids.

Physically, I have a glasses fetish. Don't know why.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I instinctively hate making these because I always feel like I'm jinxing myself...but I've also heard it's good to know what you want so...

MIND

-empathetic + sensitive
-deep-thinker + intelligent
-derpy + fun
-uniquely romantic
-broad range of interests
-doesn't loathe my interests + engages in my musings about them without hinting for me to shut up
-open-minded + patient + not horribly judgmental
-desires to see the world (with me!)
...and most importantly of all, adheres to his own values instead of the brainwashed set we're supplied by society

BODY

-tall-ish
-showers daily
-values his health
+ if has good sense of style and aesthetics
+ if has interesting, meaningful tattoos (especially neck tattoos)

SOUL

-geriatric, so we match :p

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
The essence of the dynamic I want is:

• Us against the world kind of loyalty/unity
  • Bonding at the root
  • Synchronicity
  • Collaboration
  • Creation
  • Protects my feelings
  • Mutual Healing
  • Complementary qualities
  • Emotional honesty
  • Soul connection
  • Feeling at ease/natural
  • Polarity
Qualities:

• Good Heart. Shared spirituality/faith. Moral integrity, Unselfish, Principled, Authentic, Loyal, Empathetic, Generous spirit
  • Intelligence. Intellect + Insight. Some intellectual interests. Depth. Likes learning. Opens up new perspectives to me. Secure in his intelligence and likes that I'm brainy
  • Emotional intelligence, emotional availability, emotional honesty (with self and others) and emotional maturity. Intimacy. Connection, intensity and vulnerability with me
  • Open-minded (reasonably), is an individual, sees the big-picture, appreciates novelty + innovation + some strangeness, not stuck on appropriateness or status but enjoys life and new experiences and ideas
  • Sensual, affectionate, cuddly, playful sexuality, some indulgence in the sensory world, not uptight, a bit experimental
  • Organized, decisive, direct, some pragmatism, hard working. Some ambition. Motivated. Masculine energy. Not passive or wishy-washy. Makes stuff happen. Doesn't procrastinate
  • Banter, fun, silly and playful side
Physically:

• Taller than me (5'7.5). Ideally 6'0+
  • Lean, well-proportioned body, takes care of his health
  • Prefer European or some Far East Asian (i.e. Japanese) features / coloring
  • Good hair...must have hair
  • Handsome face + nice eyes (i.e. Larger, expressive)
  • Dresses well, but not foppish

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
-Firstly, someone nice and peace-loving. I don't like drama and people who constantly feel a need to voice their opinions -- especially political ones -- tend to draw it to them. It's cool if those kinds of people don't mind the drama but I just don't wanna make people feel awkward.

-Someone sensitive. A "problem" I encounter with most men I meet is an inability to think with their hearts. Imo it's the difference between tearing down a forest and feeling slightly bad about it some point after, and knowing better than to ever do that in the first place. I've also been accused of being too sensitive by men who've later exploded at me worse than I ever have at anyone. At some point I wondered if I was gay because I wanted a man like that when "only women are ever like that," but I do believe they exist. I just think there are few of them. I guess you could say, I want someone in touch with their emotions/more right-brained.

-I want us to have a lot in common and basically be best friends.

-Someone who appreciates the simple things, i.e. a home-cooked meal, going on a hike, seeing a local band, etc. On that note I'm pretty physically affectionate and have mad appreciation for a guy who likes to hug at random times & cuddle all night.

-Someone enthusiastic about life and the people they meet, whom I can tell is enthusiastic. Don't just be nice to and express an interest in me because you like me/make it all about what you want. Show EVERYONE you appreciate them as much as possible.

-Someone social. When I go out, I like to try and boost up the people around me. This usually means I'm running around talking to everyone. I've dated more quiet men before and felt bad when I would look back and see them sitting in a corner all night. I'd stop by every now and then to talk to them before running away again, but I would still feel bad thinking maybe they're bored or uncomfortable. Maybe that's ignorance on my part.

Look-wise, I don't have much preference. I just want them to be in at least semi decent shape; not excessively good-looking, but like they don't just sit and eat shit all the time. Also I won't get into details but I'm not a nun, so some 'physical ability' and 'slightly more than decent genetics' is almost required.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personality
-I may need constant validaiton, so I'd like her to feel comfortable talking about feelings stuff
-I got to admire her for something she does or something she is - admiration is in the core of my attraction
-Likes to read, for I write and would love to share my work with a significant other. It's like sharing a very secret and intimate part of me, even though I long to write something that I'm proud enough to share with the world. We would also have more to talk about, as I adore literature
-I'd like her to have similar values
-Wants (or at least considers) to have kids and to form a family

Physical
-Cute, delicate face
-Lean body. It's ok if she is a little fat, as long as I find her curves attractive
-I Don't care about breast size, but she gotta have a cute butt
-I prefer short girls, but not too short. Around 1,65m is perfect - I'm 1,80m (luckly most girls are short in my country)
-Smells nice

·
Registered
348 Posts
You can do so by descrcribing his/her personality with words or post pictures of him/her.
Laid back, chill, who will be silly with me, not judgemental towards others or unkind, but at the same time is an athletes oc female, being fearless, dominant and courageous. A girl who doesn't wear makeup or high heels or that general stuff.
I like superhero females.
Black or red hair. ;) Athletic

·
Registered
423 Posts
- high sexual chemistry between us
- sharing the same values, political, ideological and preferably but more loosely religious tendencies
- sharing one or two interests or topics together
- having some interests and activities on our own, not to stick together all the time
- has to be ambitious, to understand and support my own strivings. as i mentioned somewhere before i'd love to be part of a Power Couple (term copyrighted! :) where we don't necessarily see each other every day or spend our time wrapped up in blankets in front of tv and lead some comfortable, numb lives. to excel in our professions, and to spend not all the time but quality time together, never taking it for granted.
- a real partner, watching out each other's back

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
dream?? To be honest, i can't decide (blame it on the P in I-N-F-P... so indecisive)

Below are the list of traits i seem to get attracted to, i don't know if i will consider them as my "dream list"

- Humble and Kind. I hate arrogance and show-offs.
- Gentle. Don't belittle my contributions, thoughts, skills. I can loathe myself, i can be harsh with myself, but if other people tell hars words on my face, that's a different thing. This does not mean that they will have to fake themselves. I don't like pretensions.
- Independent and strong. I am not strong enough so I need someone who can be strong for me when I am not (especially when my depressive moods kick in.. i hated that mood)
- Intelligent/Intellectual or talented. While other people seem to first get attracted to someone due to physical beauty/prowess, my first attraction is intelligence. With that being said, i haven't fallen in love at first sight (yes i can confidently say that). I need to see their minds first, so to speak
- Good conversationalist. I am not one and I am not assertive, so that's probably why I get attracted to people with good comm skills
- Believes in God (I am sorry but this is a big thing for me). I have strong spirituality/faith (i don't call it religion as i dont base my beliefs in traditions) so i want someone who won't belittle God. I am very sensitive in this area
- does not criticize harshly my political beliefs. The 2 things I am most sensitive are: Faith (belief in God) and Politics. I get very emotional about these 2 topics. I have strong beliefs on these 2 areas and i don't think I'll bend or compromise
- Responsible. I procrastinate a lot, and you cannot depend on me for administrative matters, so i can't be with someone who's as disorganized as me
- Gentleman/is not afraid to serve. I am easy to please. You don't have to do big things. The effort and thought are more important for me than any tangible things. This is the reason why my top 3 language of love (how you can show love to me) are: Words of affirmation, acts of service, quality time. Though i show my love by giving gifts, words of affirmation and doing (small) services.
- No drama. I am sensitive and emotional, and sometimes full of drama, so please i don't want someone who's as dramatic or even more dramatic than me. Otherwise we may not be able to resolve problems. Sensitivity to each other needs is fine, as long as it doesnt go into exchanging of harsh words, conflicts, hysteria and overly dramatic conversations (note the word overly). Yes it's sounds like a double standard thing, sorry

Physical: i am not very particular with physical as long as he is decent. Although i think i also have a fetish (subconsciously, and i was consciously aware of it just a year ago only), for some reason i find big hands attractive? I DO NOT KNOW WHY FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! :):):) It is sooo weird

Fictional characters that i fell in love with:
Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin manga
Snape from Harry Potter series (after the book uncover his real intentions for Harry and his love for Harry's mother)
Jellal Fernandez from Fairy Tail anime/manga
Tom Cruise in his character in the Edge of Tomorrow movie

I hope i didnt miss anything. Lol.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
6,996 Posts
When I think of an ideal partner I can't think of anything specific because I have been attracted to different kinds of people in the past. Perhaps the thing they all had in common was their decency?.

Basically anyone who isn't an asshole is an ideal partner. Sharing interests is important too. Someone who's values clash with mine would be a disaster.

Ideally their physique would be larger than mine. I don't want to be the tallest!

A few turn ons; good biceps, cleanliness, knows how to listen (another way of saying doesn't talk too much), smart dress sense.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
The dynamic I would want in a relationship is where I am the playful man child who can surprisingly be responsible when TRULY needed, and where she is like a serious librarian but has a secret playful side. Where she cannot resist my playfulness and lets her serious side go when the situation isn't really so serious, and she is always trying to tame my wild playful side, but she cannot lol and she secretly loves it. She loves my creative side and is in awe when it is let out and I love her deep mind and all the information it holds and it often surprises me. She is more presently responsible and I am more big picture responsible, she likes to handle the everyday tasks I like to handle the direction. Even though I am very playful she still respects and trusts me as a man because I come through when things hit the fan. She appreciates romance and loves romantic gestures, they secretly melt her away. We appreciate what each person brings to the table and we both feel valuable in the need we fulfill in each other's lives. In social settings I am more goofy/funny social she is more polite/small talk social. She reminds me of all the crap I forget to do without getting too fed up but chalking it up to "That's just how he is". I draw her in the morning and she is shocked that someone would do that of her, but she also enjoys it. She allows me to dream I allow her to plan our everyday schedule. She remembers the birthdays and special events, I execute the surprise parties and creative activities, and she counts on me for that. On random nights with all the lights off in the house I play music and just grab her and start dancing, at first confused she then just laughs and lets it happen, and she can dance, much more .....practiced then me but nonetheless it's all fun and light hearted and she loves that I bring that side of her out(if this can't happen this is borderline deal breaker for me). We both share the same faith strongly and instill that in our children. She has a stable job (accounting, auditor, something along those lines), I have a career in the arts(Game design, animator, character designer). I bring color to her world she brings straightness to my lines. And we both love the dynamic between us.

She is the human married to the rambuncious loveable untamed tiger, she has alot of work to do, but she loves it, I could use some loving taming. When I'm out in the world creating and having hard times I can come home and lie next to her for healing from a world that can be hard to master, and she doesn't discipline the tiger when he's down, she pets him, runs her fingers down his stripes, rubs his belly and uses her sweet warm voice to lull him to a peaceful sleep knowing he will live to roar another day, doing all this while continuing to read her book because the tiger's problem isn't as serious as the tiger made it out to be lol. But on days where the tiger is wounded she closes her book and delicately tends to his wounds, because he may not roar if his wounds are left open. And when she is hurt, she comes home and lays on the tiger, because she knows he's not going anyway, and his warm coat heals her, his strong embrace surrounds and protects her, and the low rumble of his breathing lungs ease her anxiety more than medicine, the simplicity of the primal creature wipes away the complexities of life, as her worries drown away in his warm embrace, his world is much simpler than hers, and she needs that from time to time. She realizes that she also has hard days where she wants to be held like a child and she no longer thinks less of the tiger when he wants to be a cub from time to time. A Funny guy who needs some serious and a Serious girl who needs some funny. I like it.

Shared faith(christian)
Wants kids
Likes to dance
Likes nature
Doesn't think art is stupid
Can watch anime
Appreciates creativity
More responsible than me without making me feel like a child
Empathetic
Genuine
Likes music
Isn't narcissistic
Kind person
Keeps peace
Educated
Deep thinker
Participates in things with me

Looks: preferably Hispanic(what I'm mostly attracted to) slim with curves, likes to wear sundress occasionally, long hair, preferably shorter than me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Personality:
- He would have to like to go and do, and enjoy taking me with him. Hiking, swimming, traveling, partying: anything to get me out of my shell and live a little!
- Spontaneous and adventurous!
- He would need to make me feel safe just by being around him
- He can’t be afraid to get intense with me, to really connect
- But on the flip-side he must also be lighthearted and playful
- Must be very physically affectionate, love to touch and hug and kiss: bonus if he gives really big, tight, bear hugs!
- Can’t be super insensitive towards me or my interests; bantering is one thing, but I have a family who makes me feel bad enough about my interests thank you
- Must be compassionate towards me and others/ a good litmus test is to see how he treats wait staff and janitorial staff
- Has to be able to make me laugh and also find me funny too, we need to be able to make our own fun
- Has to be confident and exude an aura of “I know what I’m doing” whenever he’s handling a situation
- Likes to protect me and make me feel wanted
- He needs to be supportive of my goals and ambitions while at the same time be able light a fire under my ass
- But most importantly, he has to love me: like honest-to-God, love me

Appearance
- Must have a pretty face: I’ll let the body slide a bit if he has a pretty face
- Want.. him… BIG! BIG muscles!!! Especially arms and pecs YES!!!! Also, @Kenkao, big hands are a definite YES
- Also taaaaaallll, like, 6’0” and up
- Must have pretty hair, and a lot of it. I love a hairy guy: facial hair, chest hair, arm hair, mmmmm yes please!
- I prefer dark hair, black or brown
- Also, I am a sucker for some brown eyes, yes sir!
- Tan
- I mean like, not to be stereotypical or anything, but pretty much tall, dark, and handsome
- Hygiene and personal grooming are a must, but it doesn’t have to be over the top
- It would also be pleasant if he smelled nice

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Honestly, I do probably care more about appearance and I could probably date any girl as long they're not fat because that's a huge turn-off and as long they have long hair. I've never seen people with short hair that are attractive. As long, you answer at these two quota, you have a shot. I can't tell more what I want, because you just have to look beautiful, and I can't define that, but long hair and low to normal weight are a must. Even models look ugly with short hair.

I don't know what I want about personality, but she definitely needs to love travelling (to unusual places) and be interested in doing that with me. I also want her to be easy-going, to have kind of a relaxed attitude. I don't want to adhere to some kind of rules, morale or demands from probably both her and her family. I prefer a smart human being that would be interested in what I do, what i'm interested in and can talk about certain things / interests with me. I also want her to share most of my political ideas. I can't see how it would ever work if she can't.

·
Banned
336 Posts
1. Can put up with the crazy
2. Can watch fucked up films with me, watch GOT and discuss theories with me
3. Willing to wake me up and drag me to work
4. Interesting
5. Can put up with the mess or otherwise help with the cleaning
6. Acknowledge that I am a supreme being that settled for a mere mortal lmao

Physical appearance
1. must have complete appendages (or not. I can work with just 1 missing)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
*scanning to see if I match any girl's preferences....*

*reassuring myself they all just have weird preferences* :tongue:

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Better than literally every other guy in the world. According to my standards, that is, so don't get any ideas you narcissistic bastards.

What are those standards, you ask? :O

Why should you know? :3

Just know he's the kind of guy to be a key person in bringing a collapsed society back into order should the world fall apart. He's the kind of guy to be able to knock down buildings with a single punch. He's the kinda guy to keep going even when he's beyond repair. He's the kinda guy who is wanted for his intellect and skills, that literally no one else embodies. He's the kind of guy that appears only once every few generations. He's the kind of guy you couldn't even imagine existing cuz no person should be allowed to be that beautiful.

And he needs me.

That's all you need to know.

Also, he has guns built into his arm and has laser vision and epic hair and stuff.

Also, he and I can mindread each other.

Also, he has morals because apparently that's something to be ashamed of nowadays and a guy that lives up to morals is a respectable guy.

Also, he supports me in what I want to do and helps me with it, and I with him.

(or...you can take a look at OrangeAppled's post bc she's gets it, lol.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Shared faith(christian)
Wants kids Wants to adopt kids and dogs
Likes to dance
Likes nature
Doesn't think art is stupid
Can watch anime
Appreciates creativity
More responsible than me without making me feel like a child
Empathetic
Genuine
Likes music
Isn't narcissistic
Kind person
Keeps peace
Educated Edumacated
Deep thinker
Participates in things with me

Looks: preferably Hispanic(what I'm mostly attracted to) slim with curves, likes to wear sundress occasionally, long hair, preferably shorter than me.
Aside from what I striked out this is me.

You got good tastes, ma dude.

Now if only an xNTJ of my liking would want that that'd be great. :kitteh::laughing:

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Personality:

-intelligence (street smart and book smarts)
-outwardly gentle/sensitive. Someone who is understanding of my emotions
-calm, cool-headed. Thinks deliberately, not impulsively
-assertive (but not domineering), a leader
-decisive, motivated, action-oriented
-Respectful, understanding, compassionate, affectionate <3
-appreciates art, music and literature. Preferably an artist of some kind.
-likes to travel
-independent, reliable
-funny :)
-romantic but in a subtle way

Physically:

-puts effort into appearance
-handsome
-thick, dark hair
-deep, beautiful, mysterious eyes <3
-between 5'6 and 6' (I'm short)
-muscular/healthy build (but not obsessed)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts