Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
MOTM June 2012
9,330 Posts
Alright so I did some brainstorming.

Personality/Lifestyle:

-Has an interest in the arts that is more than just the latest book, movie, or what's on the radio.
-Is open emotionally and doesn't run or hide from negative emotions.
-Feminine and not super tomboyish or masculine.
-Has a sense of style/aesthetics. Can rock a black dress if we go somewhere fancy.
-Isn't intimidated by my intensity and isn't afraid to also be intense.
-High levels of chemistry/syncronicity/same wavelength type of stuff. Sexual, emotional, all that.
-Romantic and enjoys romantic gestures.
-Has a solid sense of humor.
-More emotional than cold.
-Loyal.
-Balance each other out to create a power couple dynamic.
-Interested in lots of different things and always wanting to learn new things/grow/improve.
-Open minded.
-Doesn't think she's better than someone based on sex, class, race, ect.

Physical:

-Not overweight and not super fit/muscular.
-High sex drive.
-No chest tats and not covered in tattoos/piercings
-Takes care of herself.
-Medium or long hair.
-Nice face.
-Sexy walk.
-Likes to look good.
-Sensual.
-Has a hot voice.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
INFP females seem to be in high demand. INFP males on the other hand are like a poop flavored popsicle. Loll.
Indeed, the reason why we're so rare. Evolution wipes out us because we never have a girlfriend.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
ATTENTION ALL:

Yes. Well. Hello.
I just wanted to say, it's all well and good that we write about our dream person, and write all their traits and all their good points and how they'll ideally look and act and all the flaws they won't have... [I have recently written extra-long lists] But in reality, the person we have in mind that we think or thought we want and/or need may actually not be accurate - and someone may come into the picture (or might already be in the picture) who we could not have predicted is actually better for us in ways that we didn't even consider...

:fall:

(Or maybe not though, I guess it depends)...

Okay, carry on.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,330 Posts
ATTENTION ALL:

Yes. Well. Hello.
I just wanted to say, it's all well and good that we write about our dream person, and write all their traits and all their good points and how they'll ideally look and act and all the flaws they won't have... [I have recently written extra-long lists] But in reality, the person we have in mind that we think or thought we want and/or need may actually not be accurate - and someone may come into the picture (or might already be in the picture) who we could not have predicted is actually better for us in ways that we didn't even consider...

:fall:

(Or maybe not though, I guess it depends)...

Okay, carry on.
True, but I think having a general sense of what you're looking for in a partner is good, otherwise you can end up in shitty relationships, or you'll miss opportunities because you weren't sure what you were even looking for to begin with.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
True, but I think having a general sense of what you're looking for in a partner is good, otherwise you can end up in shitty relationships, or you'll miss opportunities because you weren't sure what you were even looking for to begin with.
Of course. I guess I just mean to keep an open mind to other possibilities, not to dismiss any thoughts of red flags!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Can you explain growing into warmth?
she is like a serious librarian but has a secret playful side

She is more presently responsible and I am more big picture responsible, she likes to handle the everyday tasks

she is more polite/small talk social

She reminds me of all the crap I forget to do without getting too fed up but chalking it up to "That's just how he is".

She allows me to dream I allow her to plan our everyday schedule.

She has a stable job (accounting, auditor, something along those lines), I have a career in the arts(Game design, animator, character designer).
You're asking for your INFJ to let you have the monopoly on being a goof, on being soft and gooey and fluid and wet. That leaves her dry. And that can work okay at the start because INFJs are slow to open up. But make no mistake; we want to open up. We can act like Thinkers but we are Feelers.

We can do the small talk and we can do the daily planning and the everyday tasks and we can hold down a dependable, dry career and yes we retreat to these things when we are unsure of ourselves and feel too uncomfortable to open up. But these things don't make us happy. They make us long for an opportunity to feel secure enough to let go of the demands of the daily grind and just dream. And maybe be an obnoxious goof ourselves. That's what I mean by "growing into warmth." We want to open up and let our little light shine.

ISTJs find satisfaction in making sure the everyday tasks are in order. ISFJs feel like bringing order to their partner's everyday tasks is an expression of love. ENTJs/INTJs enjoy being in charge of your daily routine. But to an INFJ it's just a chore. We can bring order to your everyday schedule but we get nothing out of it and we don't enjoy it. It's a source of stress for us. We'd rather let you do your thing and maybe tease you about how disorderly it is.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
You're asking for your INFJ to let you have the monopoly on being a goof, on being soft and gooey and fluid and wet. That leaves her dry. And that can work okay at the start because INFJs are slow to open up. But make no mistake; we want to open up. We can act like Thinkers but we are Feelers.

We can do the small talk and we can do the daily planning and the everyday tasks and we can hold down a dependable, dry career and yes we retreat to these things when we are unsure of ourselves and feel too uncomfortable to open up. But these things don't make us happy. They make us long for an opportunity to feel secure enough to let go of the demands of the daily grind and just dream. And maybe be an obnoxious goof ourselves. That's what I mean by "growing into warmth." We want to open up and let our little light shine.

ISTJs find satisfaction in making sure the everyday tasks are in order. ISFJs feel like bringing order to their partner's everyday tasks is an expression of love. ENTJs/INTJs enjoy being in charge of your daily routine. But to an INFJ it's just a chore. We can bring order to your everyday schedule but we get nothing out of it and we don't enjoy it. It's a source of stress for us. We'd rather let you do your thing and maybe tease you about how disorderly it is.
Hey, thanks! That was good. ISFJ it is then. I've hear alot of male INFPs have had success with female INFJs though so I leaned more towards what seems to work for others, but I've starting to lean more towards ISFJ lately. But all the opening up you explained does sound nice I must admit. But can two goof offs make good parents, maintain a home, and not resent each other for having to always taking up the passing brunt of the work? These questions plague my mind when it comes to thinking INFJ, maybe these are bad assumptions.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I think I want an infj now lol.

I would prefer my partner to be more structured than me, and I tend to value decisiveness in men,but by no means do I need someone else to run my life or make decisions for me. This is why I've always been put off by the idea of infp and estj duality personally.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey, thanks! That was good. ISFJ it is then. I've hear alot of male INFPs have had success with female INFJs though so I leaned more towards what seems to work for others, but I've starting to lean more towards ISFJ lately. But all the opening up you explained does sound nice I must admit. But can two goof offs make good parents, maintain a home, and not resent each other for having to always taking up the passing brunt of the work? These questions plague my mind when it comes to thinking INFJ, maybe these are bad assumptions.
I feel I am qualified to answer this question as an INFP with an ENTP and a baby lol.
Yes, yes and yes.

We do have odds on our side though,

The ENTP is 34 = Developing Si
I am 24 = Developing Si

And we're both balanced and willing to learn so that lends to it.

I think some INFPs are quite organized too actually, i'm not naturally but i'm really dedicated to using my tertiary Si to come up with routines and efficiency and it works quite well. It gets better as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
After posting on the celebrity crushes thread, I feel compelled to post here. I can't really describe a "dream girl" off the bat as much as I can describe a list of traits a person has that has made me find that person attractive. Some of which are subjective.

• "Pretty/Dreamy Eyes" - They say eyes are the window to the soul. While I cannot objectively attest to that, I can't help but feel flush at the sight of what I think are pretty eyes. I feel like I'm staring at the sun, I want to admire their beauty, but can't help but look down feeling overwhelmed.
  • Dark-Haired/Brunette - This comes from merely observing who I've had crushes on and felt attraction to in the span of my life, for the most part, they have been dark haired/brunettes.
  • Soft Facial Features - Same reason as above.
  • Artistic/Musical Interests - I get a sense of kinship whenever I meet someone with such interests. One girl I liked was into photography, another was a musician, another was a dancer, another played videos games and guitar (like me!!),etc.
  • Intelligent/Level-headed - One or the other or both: Good Stuff, helps to balance and anchor my mercurial interior feelings and allows me to bounce ideas off of someone else.
  • Kindness/Considerate - I find kindness and empathy attractive, nuff said.
  • Extroversion/Introversion - I have no preference as I have displayed attraction to both for different reasons. Extroversion because they help engage me in some way and draw me into things/conversations. Introversion because I feel like I am free to be myself around them and unwind.
  • Physically - While it does play into whom I find attractive When I become attracted to someone, this sorta matters less when I just see them as them, whether thin or not so thin, sorry, I can't find a better way to explain this.
When a majority of these criteria are met "dream" status is achieved. I have met quite a few ladies who were and I was quite smitten as a result.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I'm not sure if I have a "dream girl" in mind although I tend to prefer European and Australian women. There's something about them that I find really attractive for some reason.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'm not sure if I have a "dream girl" in mind although I tend to prefer European and Australian women. There's something about them that I find really attractive for some reason.
For European women I may get a sense what you mean. But for Australien women? Australia is a country of immigration. People from over the place and backgrounds are there. Thus the notion of an "Australien women" is so vague.

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
For European women I may get a sense what you mean. But for Australien women? Australia is a country of immigration. People from over the place and backgrounds are there. Thus the notion of an "Australien women" is so vague.
The same could be said for Europe. Modern Europe is not Europe at all, it is more so the world.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The same could be said for Europe. Modern Europe is not Europe at all, it is more so the world.
Yeah, I know. But at least you have a rough image of it's people and culture. Europe is bar large European dominated - by looks as well as culture. It is not as a melting pot as Australia is.

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
Yeah, I know. But at least you have a rough image of it's people and culture. Europe is bar large European dominated - by looks as well as culture. It is not as a melting pot as Australia is.
Perhaps Continental Europe is not as bad. England, on the other hand, is dead.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts