Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there, I've been in my career for going on 15yrs - I work in school districts programs - I work with children and have been validated in many ways that I am good at what I do - I feel very strongly about quality and get easily frustrated about systems and administrations that don't work - I have tried to maintain objectivity and maintain professionalism - trying to address issues, bring up points for consideration - suggestion in calm, and ethical manners through proper channels- In one position it got so bad ( the unethical practices) I did what I promised myself not to do - I was a whistle blower - it made matters horrific and I quite that job after 10 years of dedicated duty - the trauma and abuse I went through scarred me at several levels it spilled over into two other jobs - one I was given an option to quit instead for being non-renewed and the other I have had my hours cut - I have done some work with my personality type before - but now it hits home as to why I have so much trouble with things going against what I believe.. It ain't easy being green -

I am looking at two part time jobs which in some ways fit my personality much better - both are things I love - the one is in the negative environment - which I am willing to give it a go - because the people who were challenging me have now all left - so I am feeling better about it - it is just that the powers to be - may have doubts that I can't keep it together - I have been reflect over the last few months about "what it is to be me" and that is when I got back into personality typing - IFNP - fits me to a "T" - I'd let my bosses know this - but often the description states - not always a team player - I try very hard at being a game player - better than some other I see -

Does anyone have any suggestions - I will be sitting down with the bosses next week - to clear the air and to set goals for this next year - wish me luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know what your boss is like but if he seems like an approachable person that is open to constructive feedback, I think it would be beneficial to voice your ideas or any concerns you have. My boss in my previous job was extremely open to feedback and allowed us to develop/create our own systems in our administration office to improve the working environment with staff and clients.

I think that anyone can be a great team player and have something positive to contribute regardless of personality type. People have different strengths and use them in different ways to contribute to the team. For me (I'm INFP as well), I'm more of a "background" person and prefer support roles in a team, and bringing people together to reach mutual understanding and agreement.

Would it be necessary to highlight to your boss that you are INFP? I wouldn't want him to stereotype you in a negative light, or place a label on you. Besides, I think INFPs are fantastic team players and we make creative and positive contributions to a team in our own unique ways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input - I know all these things ; my strengths, my contributions... Feeling like I am at the mercy of the powers to be. It would be interesting to see their "types" to glean a little more understanding to their motivations - The toughest part is the economic effects - my salary has bee cut in half - granted they legitimately have budget issues - and my original position was an expansion slot which didn't make - so on the surface their cutting back to half time is justified - but there were rumors that they had places for me and now they don't - I feel toyed with. It's hard when it's my nature to take things personal.. why would they slash my insurance and really hurt me. It's hard.. I have been gracious. I know I am a work in progress - arn't we all...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts