Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this thread on those lovely goddamned INTJs' forum and thought that we should have one too.

I'm just shamelessly ripping them off:

Fill in your details. All the 'favourites' can be more than one. You can also add new questions for other posters to answer. Make sure you copy-paste all the questions.
See? :happy:

Country of residence:

Nationality:

Languages:

Religion:

Political leanings:

Job/ School:

Degree:

Relationship status:

Children:

Pets:

Favourite animal:

Favourite books/ authors:

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports:

Favourite subjects to study in general:

What are you studying or researching these days:

Favourite country for holidays:

Favourite type of music or band/ singer:

Favourite film:

Favourite TV series:

Favourite actor:

Favourite food:

Favourite colour:

Favourite season:

Addictions:

Do you drink alcohol?:

Favourite quote or inspirational saying:

Someone you admire/ role-model:

Pet peeves:

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?:

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts

Country of residence:USA

Nationality:USA

Languages:Only fluent in english, though I've picked up a bit of several languages over the years, and I'm told I'm quite good at faking the accents of other nationalities

Religion: pass thanks, I don't do religion, though I think of myself as a spiritual person in an unstructured way

Political leanings: it really depends on the subject at hand, and being from the US my compass is likely a bit skewed, for my situation now I lean pretty strongly left, in other places I'd probably be moderate or left centrist

Job/ School: Stagehand ( sort of a electrician/carpenter/mechanic/industrial artist)

Degree: I never finished college

Relationship status:married and its complicated both apply fairly

Children: two sons Quinn-18 and Malcolm -15

Pets: far too many or possibly not enough, we have a dog Riley, my best friend, and many cats, Jet and Farkas are my son Macs, Kinzie and Vilkas are mine, we're keeping a cat named Shaundi for a friend of ours and she just had four kittens we've dubbed Ranger, Pooh Bear, Edward and Alphonse

Favourite animal: impossible to say, I love most kinds of animals, dogs, cats, horses, otters and racoons are faves though

Favourite books/ authors: oh so many, I'm reading and loving the Song of Ice and Fire series currently, David Webers Honorverse series is a big long time favorite, I also love Heinlein, Spider Robinson, Phillip K. Dick, Somerset Maugham, Shakespeare (of course), Tolkein, Morgan Llywelyn, Kerry Alan Denney, and of course my mother Lynda Fitzgerald ( she even based a character in her mystery novels loosely off me)

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: Writing, film, martial arts, history, psychology, sociology and cultural anthropology, UFOlogy, conspiracy theories, carpentry, art

Favourite subjects to study in general:art, history, sociology, and martial arts

What are you studying or researching these days:how to get android apps on my phone

Favourite country for holidays:favorite country? well, I only have extensive knowledge of the US's holidays so ........ohhhh right, vacation for Americans, I love Spain a lot, but I've managed to have a great time in most of the countries I've visited.

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: absolutely impossible for me to answer, it changes by mood often several times a day

Favourite film:this also changes frequently, currently its either The Life Aquatic or the Bill Murray version of The Razor's Edge

Favourite TV series: currently Game of Thrones, all time its a toss up between Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica(redux)

Favourite actor:too many choices, so many of them good, moving on......

Favourite food: Ciopino, a sort of italian american seafood stew, truly incredible if done even passingly well

Favourite colour:deep greens, like one might see in an old growth forest

Favourite season:autumn hands down, I love the colors, the cool air, and the smell of fireplaces in the evening

Addictions:coffee and tobacco(though I'm in a long term struggle with the latter)

Do you drink alcohol?:not often but very well

Favourite quote or inspirational saying:"When falling off a mountain you may as well try to fly", or, "what you see depends on where you sit"

Someone you admire/ role-model: i admire many but I don't really try to model myself after anyone in particular

Pet peeves:abuse of authority, lack of compassion, abuse of the environment, and taking the last of the coffee without making more

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?:truthfully, I wanted to be a crewman on an exploration starship, knowing this was impossible I wanted to be a sailor

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? see above , or put another way OH HELLS YES!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
(First, I want to say this is an AWESOME idea. There's always this voice inside of me that begs to explain/elaborate myself to people, and I feel like weights are removed off me when I do. That, and it's fun :happy:)

Country of residence: United States

Nationality: American (although the thought of moving/gaining a new nationality is extremely appealing to me)

Languages: English

Religion: Casual Deism

Political leanings: Apathetic mixed with bits of Independent-ness

Job/ School: Undergrad (Rochester Institute of Technology)

Degree: Film with a concentration in Sound Design

Relationship status: Single

Children: None

Pets: My interstellar adventuring sidekick, emotional support, and dreamwaves-riding maestro; my cat. My immediate family has two dogs (great pyrenees), four more cats (one of whom is my cat's brother—they're adorable together), a gerbil, and a fish.

Favourite animal: Cats—as if anything else comes close... Okay, red pandas are up there too, but kinda like how the clouds are close to the sun.

Favourite books/ authors: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky, Othello by William Shakespeare, Miss Brill by Katherine Mansfield, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: Ice Hockey, Soccer (esp. English Football), European History, Chemistry, Space ad infinitum, Creative Writing, Poetry, Reading, Cooking, Eating Food. (Kinda did that backwards)

Favourite subjects to study in general: European History and Outer Space.

What are you studying or researching these days: European power struggles from 1453 to the present.

Favourite country for holidays: (Odd. Just realized now that these questions were written by a brit, not from the "ou" in "favourite", but his/her use of "holidays") I liked going to Jamaica, but that might be from the all-you-can-eat ice cream at the resort. Otherwise, I still dream about going to the Pacific Northwest area.

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: Electronica, shifting to the chillout/ambient side of things. Deadmau5, Au5, Kaskade, Kozoro, Tritonal, Mr Fijiwiji, and The Eden Project are all favorites; plus whatever Mr SuicideSheep promotes.

Favourite film: Rebel Without a Cause

Favourite TV series: Scrubs

Favourite actor: I really don't have one, because once I believe an actor's performance, they don't really leave an impression on me. I like characters from movies or shows, and struggle with attributing anything to the actor/actress that played them.

Favourite food: A tie—my family's homemade stromboli (because Polaks definitely know how to make stromboli) and fried kielbasa with egg and horseradish on a hard roll, another homemade meal.

Favourite colour: Maroon

Favourite season: Late fall.

Addictions: Caffeine, chocolate, sugar, physical contact.

Do you drink alcohol?: Yup! It's a way for me to be me without being me, that and I hug everyone when drunk, which feeds my addiction for physical contact.

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: "Words can be like X-rays, if you use them properly – they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Someone you admire/ role-model: My cat and his placidity with the world.

Pet peeves: Cold tea.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: A veterinarian who played professional hockey at the same time.

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization?: No. Going into space would be an extraordinary, life-changing event, but as much as Earth has its problems, I would like to live on it. There's still so much I haven't done on this home of mine.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Country of residence:
America
Nationality:
American
Languages:
English; I spoke French and Japanese but because I graduated and fell out of practice I forgot some.
Religion:
Christian
Political leanings:
Liberal
Job/ School:
College student; but I do want to become a physician.
Degree:
Working for my associates.

Relationship status:
Single
Children:
No.
Pets:
A cat.
Favourite animal:
Cats.
Jane Eyer, Vilette, Harry Potter, Battle Royale
I'm actually getting into weightlifting, learning about psychopathology, neuroscience, studying (oops).
Biology / Psychology
Right now I'm looking into histology.
I've never left.
Soul.
Favourite film:
The Art of Getting By.
Favourite TV series:
Adventure time
Favourite actor:
Sam Clafflin or whoever the hell he is.
Favourite food:
Bibimbap
Favourite colour:
Blue.
Favourite season:
Spring.

I'm going to butcher it:
"I envisioned my future to craft the world to the strongest of my ideals and never to accept anything less"
Dagny Taggart
Pet peeves:
People who cannot understand that I do not want to talk about a topic.
People who shove their opinion on you and then bitch when you rebute it.
^I'm in a bad mood today haha.
A blue eyed blonde hair Chinese acrobat....
No.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Country of residence:
Finland
Nationality:
Finnish
Languages:
Finnish (good), english (great at understanding, good at writing [I think], only once had the opportunity to speak english), swedish (terrible)
Religion:
I was raised cristian, but I feel that's not really my thing. I haven't discovered this yet. I certainly believe in something supernatural. There is a strange sensation I get only in certain places (like in my old room or in my apartment's stairwell) and there are two possible explanations: 1) I'm sensing ghosts or something else supernatural or 2) I'm going crazy around here :)
Political leanings:
I'm not interested in politics.
Job/ School:
Studying 3d graphics.
Degree:
Primary School
Relationship status:
Single.
Children:
None. Maybe one day.
Pets:
None.
Favourite animal:
Fictional lovecraftish demigod worms, like "Aeon Worm" in "Bravest Warriors" -series. Together with my ENFP friend we're developing a 2d fighting game involving giant wörm eating wörms. He has a thing for mandrills, so we've been joking around with a cross-species of those two. Yes, what an abomination that would be.
Walter Moers:"The City Of Dreaming Books", H. P. Lovecraft:"Call of Cthulhu", J. R. R. Tolkien (Haven't got around reading anything from him actually, but his books have been a great inspiration to most fantasy writers), Terry Pratchett, Stephen King. Sadly I don't read too much novadays.
Game programming and cooking.
Game design
3d graphics and game design, historical sword fighting, anything (fucked up) to make art (game/drawing/story) out of.
Finland at the moment. I'm planning to visit England once I'm 18. I would prefer to go on vacation alone rather than with family. That would allow me to be more flexible with schedules, visit all the places I want and make new friends easier.
I could make a giant list of artists, songs and genres but I'll just say folk-/deathmetal. Or anything melancolic.
Favourite film:
Nothing worth mentioning. I'm yet to see my favourite film.
Favourite TV series:
I love both Game Of Thrones and True Detective. But I often watch movies from cd than tv.
Favourite actor:
Don't have one.
Favourite food:
Put some beetroot, leek, paprika, garlic, olives, avocado, chili, mushrooms and/or other awesome things into a pan. Throw some oil in there (usually olive-, cocos- or avocado oil) and cook them a bit. Then throw there some cocos milk and tomato-/ salsasauce of your choice. Add some couscous. Let it cook. Spice it up with some pepper, salt, honey, basilika and turmeric. Add some feta and lime-/lemonjuice. Eat :)
Favourite colour:
Different shades of brown and red.
Favourite season:
Difficult one. Either winter or autumn.
Addictions:
Chocolate, internet, my own cookings.
Do you drink alcohol?:
No. I'm 17, I have patience to wait a little less than year :)
Don't have one.
Tom Francis, Petri Häkkinen, Jonathan Blow, Edmund Mcmillen (all videogame developers).
Pet peeves:
Disrespecting/mean/arrogant behaviour.
I don't actually remember. A few years back I decided that I want to be a game developer. I think I've considered other arts, like writing and photography and drawing in the past.
Perhaps yes. Kinda depends on other peoples opinions and how I'm introduced to the idea.

Thanks for asking :)

·
Banned
5,314 Posts

Country of residence: The Netherlands

Nationality: Dutch

Languages: Dutch, English and when absolutely necesarry I can speak a bit of German.

Religion: None, but I am a spiritual person. Just don't believe in an almighty fellow living in cloud castle.

Political leanings: Left-ish, liberal, liberal democrat.

Job/ School: Supervisor (which is basically assistant-manager) of a cinema

Degree: BBA and MsC in Tourism Management

Relationship status: I eat at the forever alone table at McDonalds

Children: Nope...nope....nope....none...never...

Pets: Two tiny dogs. One thinks he is a cat, the other is a hybrid kangaroo-koala-dog

Favourite animal: Dragons

Favourite books/ authors: To make it easier I'll just list my favorite authors: Tolkien, Feist, Margaret Weis, Stephen King, Aldous Huxley, Douglas Adams, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, George Orwell, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Stieg Larsson, Henning Mankell, Kathy Reichs, Michael Connely, Arthur Conan-Doyle, Olga Kharitidi, Stephen Fry, Tom Sharpe and many many many more that I forget to mention.

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: I'll just mention the subjects I am interested in: Psychology, neurology, philosophy, mythology, cultures of the world, cultural differences, history, geography, spirituality, dream interpretation, meditation, travel/tourism, music, poetry, literature, movies, astronomy, physics, language, engineering, nature (animals!), football/soccer, Formula 1 racing and many many many more things.

Favourite subjects to study in general: See above answer

What are you studying or researching these days: Psychology, soul-ages/soul-roles, cinematic history and American culture.

Favourite country for holidays: USA, UK, Italy

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: Really? Just the one?? Impossible. Bruce Springsteen is my musical hero but even HE isn't my favorite all the time.

Favourite film: Ehmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Really? Just the one?? Impossible.

Favourite TV series: Currenly I don't watch a lot of TV. But. If I have to choose my alltime favorite series I would probably go with BBCs Sherlock or 24.

Favourite actor: Benedict Cumberbatch

Favourite food: Lasagna

Favourite colour: Blue. No!! Orange

Favourite season: It's a tie between spring and autumn.

Addictions: PerC

Do you drink alcohol?: Yes sir.

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: Currently my favorite quote is the Gestalt-prayer and it is in my signature.

Someone you admire/ role-model: BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCEEEEE!!!

Pet peeves: No comment

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: I changed my dreamjob a lot. Astronaut, prime-minister, paleontologist, F1 mechanic, historian, poet, inventor, old.

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization?: Where do I sign?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Country of residence: Finland

Nationality: Finnish

Languages: Finnish, English, some Swedish, some German, and very little Italian

Religion: -

Political leanings: -

Job/ School: Currently on my gap year.

Relationship status: Happily alone

Children: -

Pets: A rabbit, a dog, 2 cats and 2 horses

Favourite animal: Cats, rabbits, sheep, hedgehogs, polar bears, dogs, horses, deer and lions.

Favourite books/ authors: Harry Potter-series, Pride and Prejudice, the Little Prince and I also really loved the Hobbit.

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: Watching movies, listening to music, playing the piano (very badly), drawing, writing, reading, sometimes photography, dancing around my room in the middle of the night, cuddling cats

Favourite subjects to study in general: Biology, psychology, history, art

What are you studying or researching these days: Does the ”2am and I'm reading about Southern elephant seals on Wikipedia” count as research?

Favourite country for holidays: I just wanna travel everywhere!

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: My most listened to artists are Radiohead, Muse, The Killers, The Smashing Pumpkins, Yann Tiersen, Queen, The Beatles, Leevi and the Leavings, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Claude-Michel Schönberg and Lana Del Rey. But I just generally love a bit of everything.

Favourite film: Moulin Rouge, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Almost Famous, Amélie, 500 Days of Summer, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and many many others.

Favourite TV series: Orange Is The New Black and Sherlock probably, if I'm only counting the series that are still on air.

Favourite actor: Can't choose. Although I'm kind of loving Mindy Kaling at the moment.

Favourite food: Avocado-pasta!

Favourite colour: I can never choose. Maybe black, white, blue, gold and silver.

Favourite season: Spring and autumn.

Addictions: Internet...

Do you drink alcohol?: Not really.

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: All kinds of song lyrics.

Someone you admire/ role-model: My dad and Audrey Hepburn, lol.

Pet peeves: Being rude.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: A Singer, an actor and a vet.

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? Nope. There are so many things I still want to experience here!

·
Banned
6,806 Posts

Country of residence: US

Nationality: American

Languages: English; I also used to know Spanish and Bengali but forgot most of them.

Religion: Agnostic but also kind of transcendentalist.

Political leanings: Economically, FDR/LBJ-style liberal. Socially, I consider myself moderately liberal. Or whatever you call "mostly liberal but I can't stand social justice warriors, and I also support the death penalty."

Job/ School: Research technician in a molecular biology lab.

Degree: BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology.

Relationship status: Engaged, ad infinitum.

Children: In about five years, which is terrifying.

Pets: None :( Our apartment complex doesn't allow pets.

Favourite animal: Koalas, because they're adorable, lazy, and make death metal growling noises when they're upset. Marsupials in general. I like most animals, except for bears.

Favourite books/ authors: Infinite Jest is my favorite book, ever. I also love the Great Gatsby. Honestly I haven't read books regularly in a really long time, so I kind of forgot what's out there. Oops!

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: I used to write but I don't have the energy for it these days, although I am writing an entire TV series in my head (someday I will put it on paper). I like being outside in nature, going for walks, hiking, swimming in the ocean, that kind of stuff. I lift weights every so often and I wish I could be one of those "women who lift," but once again, I don't consistently have the energy for it. EDIT: Oh crap and how could I forget! I am also a little obsessed with missing and unidentified persons cases, and I'm working with a group of volunteers on an unidentified persons case.

Favourite subjects to study in general: US history, sociology, (neuro)psychology...really anything that captures my interest.

What are you studying or researching these days: Android programming, and other topics related to programming and computer science. I am going to start working on a website and app project soon for my portfolio.

Favourite country for holidays: What kind of fancy person goes to other countries on vacation often enough to have a "favorite"? I've only gone out of the country once, to Costa Rica, and that was six years ago. I would like to explore the US before embarking on international travel, most notably the Pacific Northwest (especially the temperate rainforest).

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: My favorite bands are Pantera and the Smashing Pumpkins (their first two albums anyway). I like anything angsty, dissonant, from the 80s or 90s...grunge, noise rock, sludge metal, stoner metal, groove metal, thrash metal, nu-metal (don't laugh), shoegaze, 90s emo, "post-hardcore" (whatever the fuck that is), industrial, 80s hardcore punk, 80s hair metal...etc. My favorite singers are Jonathan Davis and Layne Staley.

Favourite film: The Room :D And The Big Lebowski. I haven't seen many movies though. There are tons of movies I would like to see someday...whenever that is.

Favourite TV series: The Sopranos, Mad Men, or My So-Called Life. I can't decide.

Favourite actor: No idea.

Favourite food: Pasta with butter, roasted garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Or toast with butter.

Favourite colour: Purple.

Favourite season: Summer. I like every season except winter. I can't stand winter and I am happy to be moving next year to a place that doesn't have winter.

Addictions: Love, the internet (especially PerC), and laziness.

Do you drink alcohol?: Yes, but not very often. Maybe once or twice a month.

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -- Calvin and Hobbes

Someone you admire/ role-model: I admire anyone who is true to themselves and improves the world in some way. I don't really believe in role models since I don't think it's necessarily healthy to idealize someone like that.

Pet peeves: People who are loud and annoying.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: Ornithologist.

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? Fuck no. I am scared to even fly on planes. Plus there was a Cracked article that detailed how being an astronaut actually kind of sucks.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Bored right now, so Ill play.

Country of residence: USA

Languages: native English, bad French, some Hindi and Urdu

Religion: Christian, weird ideas

Political leanings: neutral, apolitical on principle

Job/ School: designer, teacher

Degree: BA in design

Relationship status: single

Children: no thanks

Pets: cats

Favourite animal: leopard

Favourite books/ authors: tolstoy, proust, the brontes, the holy bible

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: yoga as excercise, indoor rock climbing, swimming (pool or ocean), meandering walks through gardens and downtown areas, people watching, art musuems and galleries, fashion and makeup, colors and shapes and textures, music and concerts, scribbling cartoons, reading fiction and non-fiction, writing bad poetry, learning a new language, volunteering, personal research and lots and lots of thinking and daydreaming

Favourite subjects to study in general: spirituality and religion, philosophy, psychology, sociology, art and design, culture and language

What are you studying or researching these days: all of the above

Favourite country for holidays: Im working class and dont have the luxury to do holidays in other countries. Must be nice though... Maybe someday. Hmph.

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: I love Morrissey and Cocteau Twins, for example. Stuff in the general vein of indie/alt/college rock and electronic music, past and present. I also like classical, swing and jazz, 60s girl groups, bosa nova and samba.

Favourite film: Before Sunrise/Sunset.

Favourite TV series: Right now Ill watch the Blacklist and Portlandia. I dont get really into TV shows, although I found the first season of Homeland addictive. I liked Friends, Daria, and My So Called Life when they were on. As a child, I loved tiny toons, animaniacs, loony toons and rockos modern life.

Favourite actor: hmmm... I like Michael Fassbender 'cause I think he's hot. I like Tilda Swinton and Johnny Depp pre-Pirates. I dont follow actors much.

Favourite food: spicy hummus is a favorite in recent years. I practically live off it.

Favourite colour: red, a deep sangria shade, but I like too many colors to truly commit

Favourite season: spring or fall...they're about the same here

Addictions: coffee....soooo badly addicted. Hot in the am, iced in the afternoon.

Do you drink alcohol?: yes, I particularly like wine. My current cocktail of choice is a sidecar

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: ohhh....too many. I like my sig of course: "If only for the sake of elegance, I remain morally pure." - Proust

Someone you admire/ role-model: I dont have a role model. I dont want a role. I admire original people with moral integrity.

Pet peeves: I dont like when little kids come up to me and tap me to get my attention. I dont like when they need you to tie their shoes. I dont like when people want to know your every move and detail, like where you were all afternoon and what you got in the mail. Those are the little things....most of which dont wind me up.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: a poet, a cartoonist

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? Hm. It sounds inconvenient. I mean, will there be espresso and free wifi?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
@rogueCode, before looking at this thread I made your favorite tonight. I love to throw stuff on top of couscous. Tonight's had onion, carrots, celery, olives, cauliflower, edamame, green peas, and lots of garlic with a little tomato sauce and white wine... oh... and grilled chicken thighs. I thought about adding some more Indian spices but didn't this time.

Country of residence:
USA

Nationality:
USA

Languages:
English, French, Japanese, FORTRAN

Religion:
non-believer

Political leanings:
Marxist

Job/ School:
instructional designer

Degree:
MS, Climatology

Relationship status:
married

Children:

Pets:
allergic kid so I can't have pets, which is a huge bummer...

Favourite animal:
otter

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Leguin, The Temple of My Familiar by Alice Walker, A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami, The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie (those are the ones I usually list first)

backcountry skiing and ski mountaineering, running, playing music (anything with strings), cooking, travel, reading and writing

geography, history, anthropology, literature

Adobe Captivate

Spain

Americana mostly -- Gram Parsons, The Band, Dylan, Karla Bonoff, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, Jay Farrar, Emmylou Harris, Rita Coolidge and simply beyond compare is Billie Holiday

Favourite film:
Chinatown

Favourite TV series:
The Simpsons

Favourite actor:
can't say that I've ever had a favorite actor

Favourite food:
New Mexico green chile

Favourite colour:
somewhere between deep purple and indigo

Favourite season:
winter, it's not even close

Addictions:
caffeine, weed, extreme skiing

Do you drink alcohol?:
yes

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit. -- W. Somerset Maugham

My parents but especially my mother, who was the most interesting person I've ever met and who taught me everything I know

Pet peeves:
the mysterious guys who flick their buggers on the rest room wall above the urinal

I wanted to do something different every day. And I've done most of them by now.

You know, my instinct is to say no, but now that you ask I have to say I would consider it.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Country of residence: USA

Languages: English

Religion: Christian - Methodist

Political leanings: Liberal

Job/ School: Band Director

Degree: Bachelors in Music Education

Relationship status: Single

Children: None

Pets: Three dogs

Favourite animal: Dog

Favourite books/ authors: Harry Potter Series

Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: Music, hiking, running, basketball, football, tennis.

Favourite subjects to study in general: History and Literature.

What are you studying or researching these days: Jobs and graduate schools.

Favourite country for holidays: Never left the USA

Favourite type of music or band/ singer: Classical Music

Favourite film: August Rush

Favourite TV series: Parks and Recreation or How I Met Your Mother

Favourite food: Crab Legs

Favourite colour: Blue

Favourite season: Fall

Addictions: None

Do you drink alcohol?: Occasionally

Favourite quote or inspirational saying: "Never Give Up On the Court or in the Game of Life" - My dad.

Someone you admire/ role-model: My father, my past band directors, Michael Jordan.

Pet peeves: Entitlement.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: NBA Player.

Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? No.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Climatology was certainly an INTJ world. I wrote climate models in the 80s, when FORTRAN was all there was. I think C++ was just starting to be used when I changed careers and went into instructional design, which can be really fun for me. And it allows me to be typically scatterbrained but still have a structure that pulls it all together and makes a difference in people's lives. I find it a good world for INFP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Country of residence: United States.
Nationality: British by birth, New Zealand by descent, American through naturalization. I just have all the nationalities, haha.
Languages: English, a tiny bit of French, and I can awkwardly hit on people in Swedish. I'm also bidialectal.
Religion: None.
Political leanings: Generally left, but somewhat apathetic.
Job/ School: I have a part-time customer service job and I study geology at university.
Degree: None yet. BS in progress.
Relationship status: Single.
Children: None. Maybe one day, but I'm not bothered one way or the other.
Pets: None, due to allergies. :frustrating:
Favourite animal: Domestic: cats, then dogs. Wild/other: kiwis, manatees, and hedgehogs.
Favourite books/ authors: The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, His Dark Materials, Old Kingdom series, The Handmaid's Tale, Jane Eyre.
Hobbies/ Interests/ Sports: Attending gigs, travelling, exploring outdoors, recreational biking, and writing fiction.
Favourite subjects to study in general: Geology, astrobiology, archaeology, psychology, music, mythology, history, travel, language, nature, human impact on the environment.
What are you studying or researching these days: Currently psychology-related topics (like the MBTI) and issues relating to the human impact on the environment.
Favourite country for holidays: I've spent a lot of time in New Zealand, and I love it there. I also love the Pacific Northwest and would love to do a roadtrip and spend more time up there. I'd like to explore Europe more as well, as I was quite young when I visited a lot of those countries.
Favourite type of music or band/ singer: I enjoy metal, post-punk, gothic rock, folk, and film soundtracks. My favourite bands are Dark Tranquillity, Katatonia, Insomnium, Anathema, Agalloch, Summoning, and Sólstafir, among many others.
Favourite film: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Serenity, The Secret of Kells, Control, Pan's Labyrinth.
Favourite TV series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Blackadder.
Favourite actor: I don't have one.
Favourite food: Marmite toast, mangos, and watermelon.
Favourite colour: Very dark and light shades of purple and green.
Favourite season: Winter.
Addictions: The internet, probably.
Do you drink alcohol?: Socially, yes.
"But man is a part of nature, and his war against nature is inevitably a war against himself." - Rachel Carson
and
"We often forget that WE ARE NATURE. Nature is not something separate from us. So when we say that we have lost our connection to nature, we've lost our connection to ourselves." - Andy Goldsworthy
Someone you admire/ role-model: J.R.R. Tolkien and Loreena McKennitt.
Pet peeves: Lack of common sense.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?: I wanted to be a farmer until I realised the animals die. Then I wanted to be a writer. I also wanted to attend Hogwarts, and I was convinced I was a witch at one point.
Would you sign up on generational space ship for interstellar colonization? Likely not unless Earth was uninhabitable.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,496 Posts
Climatology was certainly an INTJ world. I wrote climate models in the 80s, when FORTRAN was all there was. I think C++ was just starting to be used when I changed careers and went into instructional design, which can be really fun for me. And it allows me to be typically scatterbrained but still have a structure that pulls it all together and makes a difference in people's lives. I find it a good world for INFP.
What computer systems did you run the Fortran models on? 80s was still vector supercomputers instead of massively parallel.
Also, what is "instructional design" ? I've never heard of it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts