Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wish for an 'utopian world', where INFPs are the ones who are like the 'shamans', the 'peacekeepers' and also the 'realigners' of the human's path once they go wrong like for example focusing too much on wars against each other, etc, while instead they should work together to build and also co-exist together with planet Earth. Because THAT is our strengths as INFPs.
So we don't have to do the damn details and 'pushing-through', and especially, all those 'social-skills' things that I hate so much yet seem to be deemed very important in our current world.

but alas,...such world still doesn't exist right now :sad:
I don't know it will ever come true in the far future though..
what do you think?

Reactions: LeoSoma

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I don't think a utopia is possible...but maybe once people realize this is already their utopia, they'll stop fighting and drop many of the silly ideas they have! :happy:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think that when you say peacekeeper, I think warp gun from Jak and Dexter II. :laughing:

Seriously though, if that's your ideal, then it already exists. There are confidants and people fighting the good fight everywhere, people are just making the wrong decisions. So technically speaking, because I'm affected by your viewpoint with harsh reality put into practice I act like what you described, given help to face a situation is needed. I are catalyst, not drug. If you need me, I'm here. If you want me, I'm bad for you (in a good way).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Perhaps INFP's should breed more and then the world would be filled with hopefull idealists ready to change the world to what it should be! :happy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Perhaps INFP's should breed more and then the world would be filled with hopefull idealists ready to change the world to what it should be! :happy:
Personality type isn't genetic though, is it?

I won't be having any kids regardless, but yes, the world could use more INFPs!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think that as of today and of the past, humanity does not truly comprehend how to make a utopia live, how to make it survive as the dream they strive for. In every utopian image I have seen, they seem too "snapshot" in an image of perfection and remaining so, without negative change. The principle behind the notion of perfection is an infintesimally small point of optimal "awesomeness" and to move away from this point corresponds with a movement away from perfection. Not needing to change is nice and all, but it's like building a house upon the sand. The universe is constantly changing, from the movement of electrons around atoms to the galaxies themselves and for a utopia to exist I think humanity needs to find a way to have it stay ahead of the change, all the while maintaining the maximum yummy goodness humanity craves from the utopia. Maybe instead of one snapshot point of utopic perfection, have it jump from several utopic points of perfection instead, from one to another, without losing some of the precious utopia. The alternative is to try and modify a nice piece of space and time, change the laws of physics so an unchanging, perfect image can be sustained and build your utopia there. Unfortunately, thats beyond our current tech as of 2010.

Plus, it needs to be a utopia for everyone. I would feel a bit disillusioned if it resulted in the communist guide to utopia building by killing or exiling everyone that doesn't agree. What would be our utopia? What would be yours and mine? What would be someone elses? Utopia needs to be treated like a relative state (and not an absolute) where all of humanity can agree upon. I think humanity firstly needs to think and come to the answers on an individual basis to these questions without bias or suggestion from others and take it from there. This is my own personal belief of the requirements if we are to build a utopic vision everyone can feel is their own.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I can't see anything changing until people better understand the world around them. I'm not in favor of everyone overcoming their ego's and desires and being all unconditionally loving, but I do think we should at least stop deluding ourselves. All the solutions currently offered to us to address the big problems are feel good charades, incapable of changing anything significant. I think a good step in the right direction towards equailty and change would be ending the Federal Reserve and imprisoning the moneylenders. You can't stop war or poverty without stopping the banks.

·
Registered
663 Posts
the best idea is to become a 'mad scientist' type like Ozymandias in the Watchmen graphic novel unleashing some fake alien telepahic squid attack wiping out all the 'bad' people

failing that...just live your life truhfully and choose who you care about carefully.

Very new-age but become what you want the world to be. Essentially lead by example

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great replies so far!
anybody else? :happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts