Personality Cafe banner

INFPs! Vampire or Werewolf!

[INFP] 
3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Floodtides 
#1 · (Edited)
Sup INFPs!

Saw this in INTP but not here.

Heard a great discussion on vampires vs. werewolves, nerd style, discussing various powers and whatnot. Pretty strongly convinced werewolves are where its at. Any opinions on what you'd be?

12 hours of nighttime savagery with maintained sentience, total magic immunity, healing factor, the usual strength, speed, stamina, size, heightened senses. Pretty good stuff.

Allergic to nickel/silver. Clearly this is biased but its not that serious in the first place :wink:

#2 ·
Werewolf has always fascinated me more than vampires. Vampires are always vampires, their destiny seems mostly like some kind of prison, where they have to keep sacrificing other people to survive, but still are halfdead, sleeping in coffins all day. Werewolves are also an awful destiny in many ways, but either one is not aware, it is a bit like dr jekyll and mr hyde was at first, or if aware, there is the hope of controlling it, or to lock oneself up at fullmoonnights. Vampires seem like some kind of disease one gets, being a warewolf seem to spring more from the subconsious monsters we carry inside. But mostly I think it might be that I like wolves and moons :) and I have a pretty good sense of smell.

#3 ·
I'd definetly go for vampire! you've always got access to your powers (not only on fullmoon nights), you can enthrall people, plus vampires can keep their cool in a fight whereas werewolves are pure savagery. And I think calmness beats savagery in a fight.
So yeah I'd say vamps!
(Plus I don't like garlic so I wouldn't have problems avoiding it hehe.)

#4 ·
Vampire. Borrowed my friend's cape on Halloween last year during a party and nearly didn't give it back lol! Vampires feel sexy, not so ..out of control as the werewolf, but more sophisticated and classy. Being pretty damn close to immortal and invincible isn't such a bad thing either. I'm already more active at night so that's not an issue either...Some vampires only need rare meats, not necessarily human blood, so I don't have to be a semi-cannibal either! It could work. :proud: I'm in it for the aesthetic.

#5 ·
Hmm.

Vampires are basically serial killers unless you have a source of blood bags. You have better control over things (if you take precautions) and it would be cool to be a nightowl in a big city. Maybe work at a slaughterhouse for blood? Or live at a place that sells blood sausages?

You could theoretically control your werewolf side (arrange the local police to throw you in the drunk tank during a full moon).

I think I'm on the side of vamps. Although the downsides of being a werewolf might be more controllable, the upside is better as a vamp.

#6 ·
A vampire, I suppose. I've already had a little girl ask me in public if I was a vampire, so I guess I'm on my way.

I feel as if I will have to develop a charm, like Dorian Gray with eternal youth, if I'm supposed to be immortal. Whenever I think of vampires, though, I never think of romantic Twilight or whatever the other franchises are that sparkle in the sun, but, to quote Dracula:

"... so strong in person as twenty men, he is of cunning more than mortal, for his cunning be the growth of ages, he have still the aids of necromancy, which is, as his etymology imply, the divination by the dead, and all the dead that he can come nigh to are for him at command, he is brute, and more than brute, he is devil in callous, and the heart of him is not, he can, within his range, direct the elements, the storm, the fog, the thunder, he can command all the meaner things, the rat, and the owl, and the bat, the moth, and the fox, and the wolf, he can grow and become small, and he can at times vanish and come unknown
That sounds pretty spooky to me. I'm hardly with other people, so being a Vampire is seldom a set back. I can already think of a few locals to start my feast. The biggest trouble, I suppose, is that I do like my garlic and live two houses from a church v___v but that's a small price to pay.

#8 ·
The biggest trouble, I suppose, is that I do like my garlic and live two houses from a church v___v but that's a small price to pay.
What do you mean, I could never give up garlic bread... Joking aside, I agree with your stance, I barely go outside anyway so it's not really a huge change in lifestyle... Also the immortality thing sounds great. The only big problem would be keeping up with records/avoiding getting caught by the public and whatnot. And I hope in this theoretical INFP-vampire universe there are no hunters of the supernatural or anything, because that's not the way I want to go.

#7 ·
I am not a big fan of personified animals, ie furries

So I would prefer vampire

I love Catherine Deneuve in Hunger and the way they are described in interview with the vampire

I think that I often think of myself as one, or a witch
Spending centuries mastering piano and art --you haveso much time you can certainly do it. And it is no surprise they can also be portrayed as very wealthy.

If I choose the wrong career in my first college years, who cares right? I can go back til I get it right lol.

#9 ·
Neither.

However.... there was a super cool thread in this forum, where people were forced to make a choice on uncomfortable options.

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/678266-a.html

Loved it!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Given that bit of info -- my answer changes from -- neither -- to -- Werewolf wins --.

I'm all about the moon anyways.

Reactions: UberY0shi
#11 · (Edited)
Well if I had to be one or the other I think vampire makes more sense. I'm already pale and dislike sunshine and prefer being awake all night and go to bed when the sun rises. Being something scary really isn't me, but in some depictions they are elegant and civilized and trying not to kill people. I feel like werewolves are even more associated with savage killing and loosing control. I think of werewolves as being very physical oriented, which is reeeeally not me. Strength and speed is not something I'm particularly interested in or good at. Vampires tend to be sort of the 'elves' of dark fantasy so yeah, I guess that's more me

#13 ·
WERE. WOLF.

I love wolves, mainly because they're doggie ancestors and because of my bro (typical INTJ wolf) and because lemme admit. I'm a Stark fan. Also because wolves are just so...idk there's something about their very existence that is so elegant and honest like death.

Vampires consume blood which is.........nasty. It brings to mind too many videos on things that can kill you. For animals to consume blood, sure, but for a human to consume blood...that leads to some pretty damaging things. Now I understand vampires aren't quite your typical human but idc. Nastyyyyy.

Reactions: UberY0shi
#16 ·
Sweet... since I am reading Dracula right now (epic), I would say vampire... Although he only sucks blood (and I don't) sometimes it surprises me how easily I can empathise in an abstract way, his whole desire to suck blood (life) out of someone and the way life's energy is sucked out of me in a pretty similar way to his victims.. its kind of bittersweet like sometimes I am the vampire desiring to suck something from someone, other times it feels like they are the vampire sucking life from me... brilliance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.