Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My INTJ best friend and I have helped each other grow a lot for the past few years. I think I often unconsciously set a spark for her to keep in touch with depth in her emotions she might have not found before. And she often brings me back to a more practical ground, whenever I fly off somewhere into the skies whether it's positive or negative. As a result, I have grown into someone who realizes how irrational some of my previous feelings and needs had been, and to be more aware of how my emotional/social nature can effect others.

Even online, I have learnt from perspectives of both feelers and thinkers. At first, to be honest, I had my bouts of doubts. Going into a feelers' forum made me think initially,''Oh no I'm already crazy. I don't need more crazy people in my life :crazy:.'' Going into a thinkers' forum made me think initially,'' Oh my gosh, they sound so cold and so strict about order. They are all going to laugh at me if they know what's in my brain and they can never understand.'' I was wrong. It turns out certain thinkers have been more than just understanding, and feelers also apply their logic to help me see that I can accept myself the way I am better.

As you can see, I cannot help but reflect a lot on personal growth and maturity these days :crazy: I think as an INFP, it can be crucially important to me (though I need to stop overthinking because overthinking has been proven to drive me into failures)

I've had trouble dealing with criticism from thinkers in real life for years of my life. However, when I get out of my safe shell, I learn that is better to get a balanced approach to it instead of be overly irrational and angrily assume that harsh criticism equals attack on personal character as a whole. It is matter of finding out what is important to me, and balancing it out with analyzed consideration of other solutions you find in the views of others, as you accept and reject some ideas.

At the same time, I cannot help but think that if it weren't been for the thinkers in my life, I might have been even more stuck in lala land. If it weren't for them, I'd likely still be a clingy little girl constantly idealizing her first love helplessly without thinking of any way to move forward (it's still hard for me to put the past behind me but at least in reality, I do think that it is crucial for me to completely move on, getting there anyway), and making huge unhealthy guilt as a primary motivator to set everything right in life. Thankfully, I have not turned into that girl. I have turned into someone who acknowledges herself as someone who can be a complex paradox, longs for more logical solutions in her life but at the same time wants to put much more faith in her intuition and not overthink like she used to in the past, and longs to be much more independent in her upcoming life. I have turned into someone who is willing to see from time to time that if I get carried away, I would end up living in the past and crying over stuff that had not happened yet in the future while forgetting to live in the present moment.

So yes, I think I do need and appreciate Thinkers.

We CANNOT let anyone's thinking preference step over our creative and magical lights, we have to find our ways in this world standing on our two feet but we also need to appreciate more of the strengths in others. Rationally :wink:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think this is true, though not all thinkers. I believe its certain types. I don't know any INTJs enough to determine anything, but I know an INTP very well and I have grown a lot through our friendship. ISTJs also help give me different perspectives. Meanwhile, ENTPs are fun to hang with but I don't know that I've grown a lot from them. ENTJs have helped me loosen up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This feels a bit alien to me, why do you honestly need it?

For me. I prefer feeling types, because i generally understand them a lot better, I just can't see the need to subject my world to logic, bleh:tongue:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This feels a bit alien to me, why do you honestly need it?

For me. I prefer feeling types, because i generally understand them a lot better, I just can't see the need to subject my world to logic, bleh:tongue:
We may perceive things differently, but I like how you're so direct and self assured about it :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't really need Thinkers to grow. I do that all on my own. However, I like to have them around. Sometimes Feelers really tick me off, and I need a break from them. Thinkers to the rescue! Hahaha.

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
I agree. I think we need people of all kinds of personality types around us to keep us balanced and in check. That's not to say that relationships with people much more similar to us aren't very important, as well. (Particularly, having other "Feelers" around can be quite comforting.)

On a side note, my two closest friends growing up were ESTJ and INTJ. Not going to say it's never touchy or awkward, but I have been able to find a lot of common ground with each of them and feel that they've really helped me keep an open mind about things. It's kind of a given to say we all see things very differently, but it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts