Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if all INFP's like to collect certain things, but I'd like to find out.

Personally, I collect bells, scarves, bracelets, random posters, and free books :). I started off with my mother's bell collection and have added a few from the places I've visited. I love scarves and quirky bracelets, so I grab a few whenever I can. I like posters to show the things I enjoy, and books just because I love books!

What do you like to collect? Why do you like to collect it? Is it something you've been doing since you were a kid?

4,757 Posts
poetry books, scarves, candles, things that are red/coral in colour, cheap and bright earrings

Reactions: inwe

·
Registered
543 Posts
I collect rocks, and occasionally shells. I do not find anything particularly fascinating about rocks, I just like it when they remind me of all the places I have been. :happy:

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
Music (mp3's & CDs), especially if not a lot of people like it. Books, especially used ones. Films I loved when I was a kid. Random knickknacks...

I don't have any official collections. I do think I have sort of a hoarding mentality, though. I am really nostalgic, and I always wonder if I'll want to have/use something again one day, even if I don't care much for it in the moment.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,356 Posts
I collect Illustrated Childrens Books. I really love fairy tale stories with good illustrations. Once I discover an illustrator I like I try to collect all the books they've ever done. K.Y. Craft, Laurel Long, and Michael Hague are among my favorites that I've been collecting for years.

Books in general - I love books, and I seem to get very attached to the actual book that I read for the first time, so I can't stand to try out new books from the library because then I won't want to give it back - so I just buy them. This is also good because I re-read books a lot, and I tend to read non-fiction slowly over time and make lots of underlines and personal notes.

Foreign Coins. My aunt used to be a stewardess and would travel all over and give me her change when she came back. I'm so happy to have a bunch of european money from before the Euro. I hope that some day I'll be able to travel more myself and expand my collection. I was very pleased to get one of each of the different pictures on the Brittish Pound, but they were starting to really stetch out my coin pocket while I was there, hehe. I also really love seeing the paper money from different places because it's always so intricate. I love the patterns! But I don't have much in the way of those. Ever since I got the Pleasant Company (back before it was American Girl) doll Samantha who had a real indian head penny in her accessories I wanted to collect old coins. Perhaps some day I will be able to get some real antique/historical coins.

Rocks and Shells. I'm definately one of those people who can't resist an "oo shiney!" moment, and am constantly picking up things that i think look pretty. I also enjoy going into rock shops and buying sparkly crystals and such. I really want to also have a collection of sun catchers to fill up a window with.

I used to collect stickers as a kid, and I still have quite a few of them. I love the nostalgia of going through my sticker folder. I'm still tempted to buy stickers these days, but I generally don't because there are things i would rather spend the money on.

I also used to want to have a porcaline doll collection because I loved the fancy clothes and pretty hair and all that, but i never accomplished it and I'm rather glad now, because I'm sure I would feel too attached to get rid of them, but I don't really like dolls sitting around all over the house....they are sort of creepy to me now.

Candle Lanturns is something I started collecting a couple years ago. I really really love them! Pretty glass, interesting shapes, and you can put candles in them and make the room all twinkly! :D I also love pretty wooden candle sticks, and of course candles.

pretty cups. I have a weakness for interesting shaped glasses and mugs. I particularly like tiney ones. I love going to the thrift store and buying them for a few cents each. I have way too many to ever need to drink out of them, but I'm not someone who likes to just display things, I like to use them, so my cupboards are crowded with all kinds of pretty little cups.

Bottles. Notice the glass trend - I love shiney things, heheh. I love interesting bottles and have been collecting them for years. i finally got rid of a bunch that were sitting around in my mom's garage, but I have kept a good number of them and have them set up on window ledges and such to catch the light.

leather journals. I really love beautifull looking books, and wish so much that all books had nice leather or cloth covers. Since they don't, I buy pretty blank journals and put them up on my shelves just to look nice. Some day I intend to hand write copies of my books into them....if I ever finish a story, heh.

Pretty Pictures. I find it very important to surround myself with beautiful immages, so I buy books and calemdars and then cut them up. I have a suitcase full of beautifull pictures (it weighs a ton!) and wherever I live I try to have at least one wall completely papered with beautifull pictures. I probably have enough to cover most of the house with.....but other people might find that too chaotic.

I used to collect more pretty knick-knacks, but I hate dusting and I dislike other people giving me knick-knacks because they think I will like them, but inevitably they don't actually get my taste so I end up with a bunch of useless ugly gifts at christmas....so I don't have very many little figurines and such around anymore.

I used to collect dried flowers. I would never throw out any I got, I just hung them up and let them dry and then sometimes put them in vases or bottles. But they too are impossible to dust and end up looking pretty bad after a while, not to mention they fall apart so easily you have to always be watching that you don't bump them. So I just have a few special ones saved now.

As for themes that I enjoy having random items related to, I like fairies, unicorns, dragons, mushrooms, and clovers.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The only thing I really collect are letters/notes/emails people have written me.

Reactions: Aelthwyn and inwe

·
Registered
65 Posts
I collect cigarette lighters, especially when I travel, I always try to get at least one lighter representative of that trip or place. I love the ones that look like other objects, like I have one that is a toilet with the flame lighting when the lid comes up!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I collect Illustrated Childrens Books. I really love fairy tale stories with good illustrations. Once I discover an illustrator I like I try to collect all the books they've ever done. K.Y. Craft, Laurel Long, and Michael Hague are among my favorites that I've been collecting for years.

Books in general - I love books, and I seem to get very attached to the actual book that I read for the first time, so I can't stand to try out new books from the library because then I won't want to give it back - so I just buy them. This is also good because I re-read books a lot, and I tend to read non-fiction slowly over time and make lots of underlines and personal notes.

Foreign Coins. My aunt used to be a stewardess and would travel all over and give me her change when she came back. I'm so happy to have a bunch of european money from before the Euro. I hope that some day I'll be able to travel more myself and expand my collection. I was very pleased to get one of each of the different pictures on the Brittish Pound, but they were starting to really stetch out my coin pocket while I was there, hehe. I also really love seeing the paper money from different places because it's always so intricate. I love the patterns! But I don't have much in the way of those. Ever since I got the Pleasant Company (back before it was American Girl) doll Samantha who had a real indian head penny in her accessories I wanted to collect old coins. Perhaps some day I will be able to get some real antique/historical coins.

Rocks and Shells. I'm definately one of those people who can't resist an "oo shiney!" moment, and am constantly picking up things that i think look pretty. I also enjoy going into rock shops and buying sparkly crystals and such. I really want to also have a collection of sun catchers to fill up a window with.

I used to collect stickers as a kid, and I still have quite a few of them. I love the nostalgia of going through my sticker folder. I'm still tempted to buy stickers these days, but I generally don't because there are things i would rather spend the money on.

I also used to want to have a porcaline doll collection because I loved the fancy clothes and pretty hair and all that, but i never accomplished it and I'm rather glad now, because I'm sure I would feel too attached to get rid of them, but I don't really like dolls sitting around all over the house....they are sort of creepy to me now.

Candle Lanturns is something I started collecting a couple years ago. I really really love them! Pretty glass, interesting shapes, and you can put candles in them and make the room all twinkly! :D I also love pretty wooden candle sticks, and of course candles.

pretty cups. I have a weakness for interesting shaped glasses and mugs. I particularly like tiney ones. I love going to the thrift store and buying them for a few cents each. I have way too many to ever need to drink out of them, but I'm not someone who likes to just display things, I like to use them, so my cupboards are crowded with all kinds of pretty little cups.

Bottles. Notice the glass trend - I love shiney things, heheh. I love interesting bottles and have been collecting them for years. i finally got rid of a bunch that were sitting around in my mom's garage, but I have kept a good number of them and have them set up on window ledges and such to catch the light.

leather journals. I really love beautifull looking books, and wish so much that all books had nice leather or cloth covers. Since they don't, I buy pretty blank journals and put them up on my shelves just to look nice. Some day I intend to hand write copies of my books into them....if I ever finish a story, heh.

Pretty Pictures. I find it very important to surround myself with beautiful immages, so I buy books and calemdars and then cut them up. I have a suitcase full of beautifull pictures (it weighs a ton!) and wherever I live I try to have at least one wall completely papered with beautifull pictures. I probably have enough to cover most of the house with.....but other people might find that too chaotic.

I used to collect more pretty knick-knacks, but I hate dusting and I dislike other people giving me knick-knacks because they think I will like them, but inevitably they don't actually get my taste so I end up with a bunch of useless ugly gifts at christmas....so I don't have very many little figurines and such around anymore.

I used to collect dried flowers. I would never throw out any I got, I just hung them up and let them dry and then sometimes put them in vases or bottles. But they too are impossible to dust and end up looking pretty bad after a while, not to mention they fall apart so easily you have to always be watching that you don't bump them. So I just have a few special ones saved now.

As for themes that I enjoy having random items related to, I like fairies, unicorns, dragons, mushrooms, and clovers.
I do the calendar thing too! My door is covered in little Van Gogh paintings and parts of my wall have pretty photographs from other calendars. I also like your idea of the leather journals :happy:.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
266 Posts

Here's a few more items in my Doors junque collection! A lot of it is suff I used, so lots of it isn't in "mint" condition.

The book by Mike Jahn, "Jim Morrison & the Doors".....was the first book ever written about the band. I bought it for $1.00 when I was in my early teens. It's worth maybe a hundred dollars or so now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The only thing I really collect are letters/notes/emails people have written me.
I do that too!

I also collect CDs. I like collecting them because I feel they are like a little piece of art--you get whatever graphic art design/picture/drawing the artist chooses in the front of the lyrics booklet, you get the lyrics booklet, and their music. To me, it's a complete package.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts