Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFPs --

What is the craziest, weirdest, strangest thing you have ever seen?

Something that made you think to yourself -- what was that? or WTF?

My answer in spoiler tags:

I have a couple things.

1. On both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, the recliner in our TV room opened up, like someone was sitting in it. It hasn't done it since.
  2. I didn't see this one but experienced it. It's bothered me because it's very strange. About two weeks ago I was laying in bed on my left side. I was hugging my long body pillow and was very close to the edge of the bed. Husband and I were just waking up and it was just getting light outside. I felt two very faint *tugs* on the middle part of my body pillow about 25 seconds apart -- almost like coming from under the bed. Or something trying to climb on the body pillow from under the bed. I froze in bed so I could hear movement on the floor and I heard nothing.
  3. In the 80s I lived in a farmhouse that was built in the 1800s. It was old and drafty. On three different occasions I saw (1) a very old man sleeping in the same room I was sleeping in, he was about 8-9 feet off the ground, (2) a cat hung from a rope in the far corner of the room, (3) and a pair of tennis shoes with no legs in them walking 3 feet off the ground. All these images were transparent, not solid.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Whether this is strange, weird or insane I don't know, but it clearly is inexplicable for me.

When I was about 12 or 13 years old I saw a ball of golden light floating around my room. It didn't move quickly or anything it was more as if the ball was hovering in mid air...perhaps slowly dropping to the floor. I saw it for about a minute or two and after that *poof* it vanished. Like it expended all of it's energy or maybe it moved some place else.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I saw a thin, tall man with a gray hat, a long gray coat, and a gray suit under coat during August when I was I was vacationing with my family in a summer camp on the Mediterranean coast. Next night, I heard somebody or something walking around our tent, all kind of strange noises on the top of the tent, and then I saw two triangular lights on our tent’s window. I knew something is out of place, and that I am being observed. I was paralyzed with fear.

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...When I was about 12 or 13 years old I saw a ball of golden light floating around my room. It didn't move quickly or anything it was more as if the ball was hovering in mid air...perhaps slowly dropping to the floor. I saw it for about a minute or two and after that *poof* it vanished. Like it expended all of it's energy or maybe it moved some place else.
I have been thinking about this since I read it yesterday. I have heard many reports of people who have experienced these *balls of light*. How fascinating! I have been through some very interesting experiences in my life, but I wish I had seen something like this. Locally, to where I live, there are many legends of these light balls but they are very fast moving, usually near wetlands and dart about chaotically.

What an interesting world we live in! :happy:

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
didn't see it personally, but I saw this picture in a book when I was like 7 and it freaked me out
hooded_monk_lg.jpg

Reactions: Sily

·
Administrator
14,112 Posts
I have been thinking about this since I read it yesterday. I have heard many reports of people who have experienced these *balls of light*. How fascinating! I have been through some very interesting experiences in my life, but I wish I had seen something like this. Locally, to where I live, there are many legends of these light balls but they are very fast moving, usually near wetlands and dart about chaotically.

What an interesting world we live in! :happy:
@yippy too

My old counselor (spiritual type) told me a similar story. I assumed what she saw was ball lightning. But it was raining one night and I think she drove up to the top of her street (where her house was--on a hill like that). And she parked and was going to get out of her car, when she saw this large ball of light. I think she said it was just sort of floating towards her (maybe she said ti was bouncing). She said it came closer and closer to her car, and was actually quite large, and she thought she was going to die. But then it disappeared. She never knew what it was.

I like this thread, btw. I was trying to think of something to contribute.
After my grandmother died, I would dream about her sometimes. A few years later, I began dreaming about this little dog. It started with dreaming of a small chihuahua that needed my help. Then dreaming the chihuahua was my grandmother. Finally I dreamed that it was okay, but it caused a lot of anxiety. In my dream, a woman literally picked up the chihuhua and told me, "this is your grandmother. But she's okay now."

But then a couple of years ago I went to visit my grandmother's oldest sister. She was in a wheel chair and needed constant care. When her daughter came in during the visit, she brought this little chihuhua with her that looked like the one from my dreams. The dog would run around my great aunt protectively, sit in her lap, bark at people who moved too quickly towards her. The little dog was fixated on my great aunt, to the point of favoring her above even her owner (my aunt's daughter).

So I was watching the dog, wondering about the dreams. My cousin said the dog had just sort of found it's way into their lives. The dog had needed to be adopted or rescued, so my cousin had taken it in order to help find it a home. But then she just kind of started living with it, and it seems to be part of their family now. I hope it stays that way because it seems like a good dog.

So...IDK *shrugs* It weirded me out a bit at the time.

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Arturo -- thank you for reminding me of the importance of messages in dreams and *undying* love for another. If what I think happened is real, your great aunt experienced love from her sister, even after she had died.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I saw a magician once at a cafe doing a magic show. Obviously, this was an illusion of some kind, but I can't figure out how he did it and I've been puzzled ever since. He had an audience member sign their name on the bottom of a piece of paper. Then he told them to rip the signature off the paper and give it to him. He took the piece of paper and made it disappear. Then he got out an orange and let the audience inspect it. Yep, it's just an orange. He then gave it to the audience member who had signed her name and told her to peel it and open it up. Inside the orange was the ripped piece of paper she had signed, and it fit perfectly onto the other half of the paper she still had. It was crazy. I have no clue how he did this. Any magicians here care to share the secret?

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
About ten years ago I was sitting on the front porch of the house we lived in at the time reading late one afternoon about half an hour before sunset when my younger son came running up to me asking that I come to the back yard to see something he'd made. I agreed and he ran off to the back, I put my book down and slowly began to walk to the back. As I was along the side of my house I glanced up and saw a black triangular aircraft flying very slowly apparently just above the treeline. It had three large circular white lights, one at each corner on its bottom, and no standard aircraft navigation lights. It made no discernible sound, and was flying against the direction of the wind, straight, level and smoothly.
I noted all this then continued for a few steps when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as the realization of what I was seeing struck me. I stopped and watched the object continue on its way until I lost sight of it a minute or so later. As I watched it I noted certain things, for instance the animals in the area were making no sound at all, no dogs barking (there were dozens living near us), no bird song though this was omnipresent in that neighborhood. The atmosphere felt very odd, as if there was a strange indefinable pressure, and everything was very still. I made note of the time and weather conditions, it was a clear day with a few high altitude clouds, moderate winds from the east gusting to about ten miles per hour ( maybe 15-18 kph), visibility was excellent.
I worked in several aviation related fields over the years both in the military and civilian sectors, and was quite skeptical at the time about UFO reports, in some ways I still am. I'm still not certain what I saw but I am certain it wasn't any sort of conventional aircraft, and I have every reason to believe that it wasn't a flight test of a new type of aircraft, I know it wasn't a balloon, or Venus or swamp gas or any other of the standard "explanations" of sightings such as this.
About a week later I saw a very similar craft on a slightly different vector and altitude at a different time of day. The second craft looked almost exactly the same except it had a fourth circular light, this one reddish in the center of the hull, and it was moving somewhat faster.
I kept this to myself for some time, I didn't even mention this to my wife of best friend for more than a month, though I did make careful notes on what I saw. Eventually I told those close to me, and made a report to Mufon, a group of independent UFO researchers. After doing some research on my own I found that the things I saw were witnessed by hundreds during what is known as "the Belgian Wave" of sightings. I still have no real explanation for what I saw, but having seen it I began to do some personal research into the whole "UFO" phenomena and have become a bit fascinated by it, I have no firm opinion on what people are seeing but I do think that the subject deserves serious investigation by unbiased researchers. Too frequently those who do investigate this have a preconcieved bias and have set out to find evidence which supports a conclusion they already favor, be they skeptics or believers.

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Turlowe I wish I had seen it! Very interesting.

I have been reading about the black triangle objects for over 10 years. Someone who *had* worked for NSA told me (and others) that *almost all* UFO phenomenon since the 50s has been from the military. I'd probably get many arguments from Mufon on that (and the military). :happy:

Info from 2005 @ GLP:

The TR-3B is Code named Astra. The tactical reconnaissance TR-3B first operational flight was in the early 90s. The triangular shaped nuclear powered aerospace platform was developed under the Top Secret, Aurora Program with SDI and black budget monies. At least 3 of the billion dollar plus TR-3Bs were flying by 1994. The Aurora is the most classified aerospace development program in existence. The TR-3B is the most exotic vehicle created by the Aurora Program. It is funded and operationally tasked by the National Reconnaissance Office, the NSA, and the CIA. The TR-3B flying triangle is not fiction and was built with technology available in the mid 80s. Not every UFO spotted is one of theirs.
The TR-3B vehicle’s outer coating is reactive to electrical Radar stimulation and can change reflectiveness, radar absorptiveness, and color. This polymer skin, when used in conjunction with the TR-3Bs Electronic Counter Measures and, ECCM, can make the vehicle look like a small aircraft, or a flying cylinder--or even trick radar receivers into falsely detecting a variety of aircraft, no aircraft, or several aircraft at various locations. A circular, plasma filled accelerator ring called the Magnetic Field Disrupter, surrounds the rotatable crew compartment and is far ahead of any imaginable technology.
Sandia and Livermore laboratories developed the reverse engineered MFD technology. The government will go to any lengths to protect this technology. The plasma, mercury based, is pressurized at 250,000 atmospheres at a temperature of 150 degrees Kelvin and accelerated to 50,000 rpm to create a super-conductive plasma with the resulting gravity disruption. The MFD generates a magnetic vortex field, which disrupts or neutralizes the effects of gravity on mass within proximity, by 89 percent. Do not misunderstand. This is not antigravity. Anti-gravity provides a repulsive force that can be used for propulsion. The MFD creates a disruption of the Earth´s gravitational field upon the mass within the circular accelerator. The mass of the circular accelerator and all mass within the accelerator, such as the crew capsule, avionics, MFD systems, fuels, crew environmental systems, and the nuclear reactor, are reduced by 89%. This causes the effect of making the vehicle extremely light and able to outperform and outmaneuver any craft yet constructed--except, of course, those UFOs we did not build.
The TR-3B is a high altitude, stealth, reconnaissance platform with an indefinite loiter time. Once you get it up there at speed, it doesn’t take much propulsion to maintain altitude. At Groom Lake their have been whispered rumours of a new element that acts as a catalyst to the plasma. With the vehicle mass reduced by 89%, the craft can travel at Mach 9, vertically or horizontally. My sources say the performance is limited only the stresses that the human pilots can endure. Which is a lot, really, considering along with the 89% reduction in mass, the G forces are also reduced by 89%.
The TR-3Bs propulsion is provided by 3 multimode thrusters mounted at each bottom corner of the triangular platform. The TR-3 is a sub-Mach 9 vehicle until it reaches altitudes above l20,000 feet--then God knows how fast it can go! The 3 multimode rocket engines mounted under each corner of the craft use hydrogen or methane and oxygen as a propellent. In a liquid oxygen/hydrogen rocket system, 85% of the propellent mass is oxygen. The nuclear thermal rocket engine uses a hydrogen propellent, augmented with oxygen for additional thrust. The reactor heats the liquid hydrogen and injects liquid oxygen in the supersonic nozzle, so that the hydrogen burns concurrently in the liquid oxygen afterburner. The multimode propulsion system can; operate in the atmosphere, with thrust provided by the nuclear reactor, in the upper atmosphere, with hydrogen propulsion, and in orbit, with the combined hydrogen oxygen propulsion.
What you have to remember is, that the 3 rocket engines only have to propel 11 percent of the mass of the Top Secret TR-3B. The engines are reportedly built by Rockwell. Many sightings of triangular UFOs are not alien vehicles but the top secret TR-3B. The NSA, NRO, CIA, and USAF have been playing a shell game with aircraft nomenclature - creating the TR-3, modified to the TR-3A, the TR-3B, and the Teir 2, 3, and 4, with suffixes like Plus or Minus added on to confuse further the fact that each of these designators is a different aircraft and not the same aerospace vehicle. A TR-3B is as different from a TR-3A as a banana is from a grape. Some of these vehicles are manned and others are unmanned. (link)

This guy could read writing on the underside:

English Words Identified on Black Triangular Craft-Sydney Texas

On 04-09-2005 I saw what I believe to be a UFO in Sydney, Comanche County Texas at 9:12 local time. I offer some unique observations.

That evening, I was walking back to my motor home after wildboar hunting in an unpopulated area that I lease for hunting. The sky was clear; wind calm and the sun had just set. The sky was growing darker and darker blue straight above and stars were beginning to show. The sky was becoming black in the east. The setting sun was still keeping the western horizon illuminated and indirect lighting from the west made it possible to see my way without a flashlight.

I had my .243 Win. Remington 700 varmint rifle of which I am a quite an accomplished shooter. It is considered a "high-powered" rifle. I do quite a bit of bench rest competitive shooting with it as well as hunting. The rifle is set up with a high-tech "Leupold" optical sight, (scope) which is extremely accurate and highly specialized for great light gathering ability and performs best in low light conditions. It is not what is called a "night vision" sight. The scope magnifies the target image with great sharpness and definition and the magnification is adjustable from 4.5 to 14 times that of the natural image.

Upon my return to the motor home, I was tired after a long walk. I had carried quite a bit of equipment with me. I sat on a chair, took my eyeglasses off and toweled my face as it is already becoming hot in Texas. While I rested, without my glasses on, I noticed three very "unfocused" lights to my south and these lights were moving toward me. Immediately I put my glasses back on and saw what I believe was a UFO. (SEE ATTACHED ANIMATIONS) (a) Is the appearance of the vehicle without my glasses on and (b) is the view I had with my glasses on.) (I drew the images on my pc) The object approached from the south-southwest and while moving north-north east, passed almost directly overhead making no sound whatsoever. I estimate its altitude to be somewhere about 800 feet and its airspeed speed approximately 30 mph. It "floated" and did not fly as it obviously had insufficient airspeed to fly. (I am a Physicist & an FAA Licensed Pilot)

While the sky was almost entirely black behind it, I could clearly see its underside as it was illuminated from the fading sunlight to the west. I estimate that the machine was about 60 feet wide and 80 feet long and 10 feet thick at the rear. Under its belly, there was a straight line going from its leading tip toward the center of the aft edge of the fuselage, which was perpendicular to its travel. This straight edge clearly showed its shape to be three-dimensional. The straight line showed that its belly was V-shaped, much like the hull of a speedboat. It was similar to the space shuttle as when viewed from in front and below the shuttle.

This machine was directly over me and I was alone in the middle of nowhere, therefore, I felt quite "uneasy." It made no threatening moves whatsoever, but I aimed my rifle at it and through the riflescope, which was set on 8.5 power, I could clearly see surface detail in explicit detail. The machine’s surface detail appeared to be covered with well-fitted tiles, much like the ceramic tiles used on the United States Space Shuttle. Then in the fading light, I noticed a distinct marking.

This marking was absolutely shocking, as I could actually read it! It was white print outlined in black on a red arrow pointing toward a rectangle of sorts. The arrow pointed at a something rectangular that I cannot define, but I clearly could read these three words, “EMERGENCY RELEASE and RESCUE.” In the same place were other words that appeared too fuzzy to read. I suspect that these words were “PULL FOR...” Instantly I realized that this was a military machine and no “flying saucer.” I felt much better as I knew that these were surface details that were intended to help rescue people access and then be able to remove the pilots on board in the event of a crash.

I kept the crosshairs on the center of the aircraft as it disappeared into the darkness but as I realized it was “one of ours” and it was not a threat to my own personal safety (I think) I put the rifle safety back on. I can see however that others may have “defensively” shot at it --- and that may have resulted in a crash of the vehicle.

I am somewhat “pissed off” at the military as while this area is directly under the Ft. Hood, Texas MOPA and practice flights are flown daily, really - they should not be taking chances like this where someone on the ground could actually be shooting the damned things down! I am sure that the military pilots (if it even had a crew…) were aware of my presence but they NEVER expected possible “offensive action” to be taken against them on this low level flight. The last thing I would have ever have wanted would have taken a “defensive” shot and then find American military pilots onboard in the wreckage.

source & references:

www.nuforc.com

[link to www.ufocasebook.com]

Pictures:

Click for pictures

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that many if not most of the UFO sightings that are as yet unexplained are related to tests of as yet undisclosed technology from military or civilian sources. That being said I take NASA's statements on the subject, as with any governmental organizations with a grain of salt, they being one of the groups with an agenda in this. I also tend to feel the same way about the UFO "believers" to a large extent.
In regards to this specific craft type I have seen some of the data available about the aurora craft, though of course none of it can be confirmed officially. I wondered about the connection to what I saw, and while I can't rule it out I have doubts. For openers it would mean that someone, purportedly the USAF has been field testing this craft in other countries all over the world for over twenty years. This seems to me to be unlikely. It would also mean that in testing this craft, I reiterate, over major population centers, that they have completely disregarded all aviation safety regulations. These regulations are largely considered by the aviation community to be sacrosanct, and for very good reasons. In my experience in aviation failure to follow these guidelines can and has resulted in immediate dismissal from the job at hand, its possible that thats not the case here and that whoever is behind this isn't as concerned but I think it unlikely. It also begs the question, why would you even wish to test such a craft, a craft with absolutely revolutionary design in both airframe and powerplant technology in a place where it could be so easily and frequently observed, and possibly risk having sensitive data about the craft revealed? The only answer that seems likely to this would be if they wanted the public to think that there are UFO's, and I don't see haw that would benefit anyone. During the cold war against our foes perhaps yes, but after that, in nations that have been our allies for decades?
Theres also the technology apparently involved, this craft seems to have the ability to be stealthy on a level that far surpasses our current abilities, and its not inherent stealth as we use in our current generation 5 aircraft or stealth by design. According to the Belgian AF they were at times able to get a hard radar lock on these craft, but then would simply lose it off the scopes as if it disappeared into thin air. These craft were apparently also capable of creating false radar signatures remote from their craft, I'm not sure how such a thing could remotely be possible without having some physical object with which to generate a signal, and even then this object would have to have the same revolutionary flight characteristics. Then theres the flight characteristics I mentioned, this craft can apparently hover in place, and also accelerate to speeds well in excess of any previous craft, as well as turn at beyond right angles without losing speed. This simply couldn't be done with our current understanding of physics, unless whoever is behind this is well ahead of anything in public knowledge. To perform as these do even without a crew would require an inertial compensator which has only been theorized as possible up to now, if there was a crew, well, they'd be reduced to jelly.

I'm not certain that the USAF isn't behind this, I'm not convinced that its an alien craft of any sort, but I do think that it seems unlikely on several levels. The technology being far beyond most current theory being one, the extraordinary length of time that these have been seen being another, then theres the number of these craft that would seem to be in service. To support these craft you'd need factories to build them, technicians to maintain them and some means to control them, either a crew or some sort of drone management facility,bases to fly them from, people to manage all of this, and of course the scientists and engineers who made this technology possible.Thousands of people would have to be involved, and considering the length of time that these have been seen more likely tens of thousands. The USAF doesn't suck in regards to keeping secrets, but all this seems to be beyond even them.
I wouldn't however rule it out as some sort of black military project, it is possible. It is possible that the guy in Texas saw exactly what he claimed. However I don't trust our government in regards to this, I don't necessarily trust any source as anyone can make any outlandish claim they like. Our government and likely every government lies when it suits them to do so, and anyone can post anything they like on the internet. I find it interesting that J. Alan Hyneck who was the scientific advisor to Project Blue Book, started out as an absolute skeptic became a believer in a few short years of exposure to the subject, as have quite a few scientists since. I find it interesting that so many people who were apparently involved in various agencies related to the subject make so many seemingly outlandish, and often contradictory claims, one saying yes its all us, and others claiming that we trade with ET's for technology. Its truly a fascinating subject on many levels, I personally am reserving judgement on what and how this is happening until I can see some sort of hard evidence one way or the other, but regardless of what it turns out to be in the end, it is fascinating.

·
5,223 Posts
The experience I come to think of now, which isn't all that insane and probably explainable, but it felt very eerie at the time, was when I and my boyfriend were going to hikeby a lake. We weren't familiar with the area, and first we walked around just to see some of the area, and then tired to reach the lake by a shortcut through the forest, but didn't have a proper map and there were swamps and steep hills in the way, so we had to go all the way back and try another route. It had been raining all day, and we were totally soaked, there were puddles in my gumboots/wellingtons/boots, my feet were very sore, we were so tired, and the sun set and we didn't have flashlights, after midnight we decided to just set up the tent on a patch of grass we found and continue the next day. We began to unpack the tent, but the mosquitoes and gnats(?) drowe me crazy so I walked away from the gnatcloud for a while -and found a new trail. A bit further into the forest a blue little tiny light shone, and I walked there, it was a glowing larva. I had never seen one before, and not after. And when I looked up I saw another one, I followed it, and the trail parted, but there was another blue light in one direction, so I took that, and further away, there was one more, marking a little bridge over a small stream, on the other side of it there was suddenly a field with cut soft grass(I was barefot and it felt like heaven against my sore feet), and behind some bushes, lay the lake. But there was something wrong, it was very dark that night, so I had to come close to see properly, but when I reached the edge, I realised the lake had been emptied of water, it was like a crater, with just some water in the middle.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@Arturo I thought about lightning as an explanation, however it was a very calm night as far as weather was concerned. My best explanation is that I saw some residual spritual energy, perhaps from a spirit. But that is just speculation, I have no idea what it really was. All I know is that it must be something spiritual...somehow I've realized that.

Reactions: Sily and WickerDeer
1 - 14 of 14 Posts