Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm...
Eternal sunshine of the spotless Mind
Satan's cannibal holocaust (just one of those homemade things, lol, why it was on NETFLIX, IDK!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Eternal sunshine of the spotless Mind
Seriously?! I'll try to ignore that and answer the post.

Lamest Genre: Sports Movies

Lamest Movie I've Ever Sat Through: Lady in the Water

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Birdemic. Not even one of those "it's so bad it's good" movies. Just plain horrible!!! I got troll'd so hard that night.

And I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for these, but I didn't find the appeal: The Big Lebowski, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Burn After Reading.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I hate most Romantic Comedies.

I also hate Airplane-style parodies. Those are dead.

I hate comedies that are pure ego vehicles for former comedians who think they can act, write, and direct.

I hate unnecessary sequels, remakes, and reboots.

I hate fairy tale stories that bowdlerize the source material.

I hate ill-advised movie adaptations of TV shows or video games.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
idk I only watch good movies :laughing: haven't watched any in years though lol.

Oh yeah, I absolutely am not into horror. I wonder why it is a genre at all.

Reactions: WanderingThoughts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Strictly Ballroom by Baz Luhrmann or something.
And the recent Muppets movie -.-'

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
The potential filming of the act of Justin Beiber giving birth to an octopus. @Rainbow Wink, wink!

Oh and any kind of gunner action figure in a Hollywood movie, with plently of machine guns going off makes for lameness. Too much emphasis on unrealistic sex scenes, where the woman has her hair perfect after a 5 hour romp.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The movie "Clue". I think I had higher expectations since I liked the cast. One of those movies where everyone tries to act predictably cute but that's never funny to me. Somehow it was called a comedy. But, 2 stinkers I actually liked because they're so campy & cheesy it's entertaining: "Zardoz" & "Dark Star".

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The Blair witch project. King Kong was also really bad, both me and my friend fell asleep in the movie theatre while watching it (it's the only time that's ever happened to me).

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Any movie emphasizing computer effects over substance. Too much action-oriented movies. Most of the cash cows. Rarely does big money grabbers grab my attention, and I say so without being elitist-I just can't relate to them, as it's almost as if they were totally not made for the kind of audience I am.

That said, I am not too much of a movie person, and usually like rarities or "foreign" movies instead.

Blockbusters both block and bust my mind. :(

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I would say the lamest movie I ever saw was Rubber. Unfortunately I'm too enthralled with the thought of a telekinetic tire that blows things up with it's mind? Trippy. So the lamest one that immediately comes to mind is Cabin Fever 2. The shock factor was meh, I've seen much better, the cliches were just absolutely horrible (not even humorously so). The only point it has going for it is that the high school students look like actual kids! Too bad that doesn't make up for the shitty acting.

Lamest genre? Not too sure, I seem to be able to find gems in almost any genre, but the worst luck I have finding anything decent is a straight up supernatural horror flick. I want less gore and more suspense please.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh yes, @KindOfBlue06, thanks for reminding me about Birdemic. That is the worst movie I have ever seen. And not in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way. I like b-movies and so-called bad movies, like The Room, Troll II, etc. But Birdemic isn't even comparable to those. It is just horrible in every way. It's not even intriguing.

I also remember the Garbage Pail Kids movie being really lame.

OH and I am so not into Quentin Tarantino movies. They are all bad. That Grindhouse movie? OH MAN that movie sucked. I hated the one with the girls and the car, I forget what it's called. I wanted to shoot myself or someone else after I sat through it. SO BAD.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts