Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked this question in the beginning of my semester and I had an extremely hard time finding an answer, so I just made something up.
Now that I think about it, I guess my biggest fear is to realize that I've been living in a dream and that everything around me is not real.

What's your biggest fear? I'm curious to see if any of you also have a hard time answering this question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would have to say that my biggest fear is finding out that everything that I believe that would make me ultimately happy isn't even close to enough, therefore I wouldn't be able to live my «dreamy» life as I'm currently doing so since there wouldn't be a dream. Basically, void of purposefulness.

·
Banned
144 Posts
A fear I have is crossing the street. A bigger fear is to lose control over my emotions. My biggest fear is being in the spotlight and being seen as a leader.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
One of my biggest fears is not being able to function in society, and that this is all there is to life... Running in a hamster wheel over and over... ( I recently started college, lol)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I am afraid of hurting the people I love.

Also afraid of living most of my life without any direction or purpose. Getting to the end of life and saying, "what do I have to show?" and the answer is nothing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wouldn't class my life 'worries' as fears. I'm worried about a lot of stuff.
I don't really have a biggest fear, I'm just scared or what your average person would be scared of, plus external thought up threats sometimes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I fear failure and I fear success. I presume that the rest of my fears stem from those two.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I feel being seeing as weak or a failure. I also fear going insane and becoming paralyzed. Also, spontaneous human combustion. SCARY!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I fear being infinitly over looked, of not being an individual of just being another among the millions of copy's of the same thing. Of always being a failure, of losing the one closest to me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Everything. Really. I'm afraid of life, it seems.

I guess to be more specific, I'd say that I'm afraid of the unknown, I'm afraid of taking risks and being vulnerable, and I'm afraid of failure and/or rejection. I'm afraid of getting hurt by the world, essentially.

I'm also afraid of dying. Not of being dead -- I've actually been suicidal a number of times before and very much wished to be dead -- but of the actual physical process of dying. I've come close a handful of times because of some medical isssues I have, and it was scary as fuck. I'm terrified of going through that process. I'm also not very tolerant of any physical pain in general.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts