733 Posts
Stephen Fry
Charles Darwin
Margaret Atwood
Matt Berninger
Nikola Tesla
Terry Pratchett
Douglas Adams

I'm using the word "heroes" or "heroines" lightly, I think the only person on that list that would qualify as a hero is Fry, but... they're some of my very favourites.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm using the word "heroes" or "heroines" lightly, I think the only person on that list that would qualify as a hero is Fry, but... they're some of my very favourites.
LOL I'm trying to think of Fry as a hero in a classicist context and I can totally see where your coming from. His story is truly an epic.

·
Registered
733 Posts
LOL I'm trying to think of Fry as a hero in a classicist context and I can totally see where your coming from. His story is truly an epic.

hahaha

are you talking about the Fry in my list or the Fry in my avatar? I like Phillip. I think he's awesome, but Stephen was the Fry I was referring to. :p

Reactions: tylerjg33

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
They used to be musicians, most of them. Now they are kind of a mix.

Music wise, I admire Hendrix and Coltrane. They played with such heart and intensity, and that's ideally how I would want my music to sound -a raw expression of sound that comes from my own intense depth. I also admire Miles Davis, but more so because of the way he lived his life. He said in his autobigraphy that he took what most men dreamed about (pushing musical boundaries,money,women,status) and made it a reality. I really admire that line of thinking.

I also admire Henry Miller. He's the first writer who made me want to write, and he reminds me alot of myself. The way he lived his life, -like a raw dog with a heart of gold is somehting I really relate to. Another notable author I admire is Ernest Hemingway. What a great guy, a truly manly indivudual and a talented writer as well.

I admire great boxers as well, for their discipline and their heart. From Sugar Ray, Ali, Foreman and Tyson, to the modern greats like Pac man and Money May.

Another hero of mine is General Patton. Whenever I am unmotivated I think of him, and what he would tell me to do. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! From the movie Patton, where he talks about never holding your position, allways be advancing. That's how I want to live my life.

Also, President Teddy Rosevelt. Total fucking badass. I don't think we'll ever see another like him, he was a rare breed.

And finally, I admire anyone really who's at the top of their game. Anyone who has an abundance of wealth, friends, women, and ambitions. Anyone who has the balls to go after what they want in the face of adversity. That is respect in my book, and that's ideally how I'd want to live my life.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Thomas Henry Huxley aka "Darwin's Bulldog"

Mahatma Gandhi

Petőfi Sándor (he was xNFP, from my country)

Fictional:

Eddard Stark

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would have to say my one true hero is Alice Glass. I love how fearless and uninhibited she is. If there was any person I would want to be like more it would be her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts