Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to socionics, infp and estp are dual relations, and are most favorable for frienship and romantic relationships. I must say that I can see and agree with this. They are also the most easy type for me to identify. It's like they have a giant flag over their head waving "ESTP HERE!" I also find them the easiest to get along with. I love estp boys and their strait forwardness/ lack of political corectness. Estp girls are very "go with the flow," easy to have fun with and easy to work with. Yes, they can be a bit bitchy but they do it in such a relaxed strait forward way that I just expect it and it never bothers me. I also find this is one type in which I can dish the bitchyness back too knowing that they won't get their feelings hurt, so I feel pretty ok about doing it. I can't say I have a faaavvorite type, but i do always find some sort of connection with them moreso than in others. Any other INFP's feel the same?? My best friend is an estp and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her!! The only annoying thing is that she sometimes likes to "linger" around long after I wanted her to leave, she would rather spend her downtime with other people and I'd prefer to have a little of it to myself. But as far as conflicts go, that's about it and it's usually not a big deal.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Hmm...well I'd have to disagree because so far the ESTPs I've met I didn't click with...They are brilliant to dance with at parties but that's about the only time I manage to connect with them. I am basing this on the ones that I know though, so it's possibly more to do with their personalities rather than their MBTI type :)

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
According to socionics, infp and estp are dual relations, and are most favorable for frienship and romantic relationships. I must say that I can see and agree with this. They are also the most easy type for me to identify. It's like they have a giant flag over their head waving "ESTP HERE!" I also find them the easiest to get along with. I love estp boys and their strait forwardness/ lack of political corectness. Estp girls are very "go with the flow," easy to have fun with and easy to work with. Yes, they can be a bit bitchy but they do it in such a relaxed strait forward way that I just expect it and it never bothers me. I also find this is one type in which I can dish the bitchyness back too knowing that they won't get their feelings hurt, so I feel pretty ok about doing it. I can't say I have a faaavvorite type, but i do always find some sort of connection with them moreso than in others. Any other INFP's feel the same?? My best friend is an estp and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her!! The only annoying thing is that she sometimes likes to "linger" around long after I wanted her to leave, she would rather spend her downtime with other people and I'd prefer to have a little of it to myself. But as far as conflicts go, that's about it and it's usually not a big deal.
Just realised that you are not talking about MBTI, you are talking about socionics which is not the same thing...so as far as I know INFP and ESTP in socionics are not the same in MBTI.

·
Registered
72 Posts
God. ESTPs. All of my romantic interests since the age of 14 have been ESTPs (or ISTPs, but that's a different story). And I actually know this for a fact because, at one point or another, I've had casual conversations with every single one of them about personality....never on purpose, but it always just came up, eventually.

All I can say is, damn.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that socionics is different from MBTI, but in my opinion, there are more similarities than differences between the two. I test the same in both. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes... combining the two are weird. It's ESTj & INFj, or ESTP & INFP (socionic and MBTI, respectively). They're essentially the same except for notion/different description components. (The relationship table is really interesting). Anyways, weird weird weird.

I like a few of the ESTP's I know. I like them when they're older than me... it can be abrasive when they're my own age. But then, I find a lot of people my own age abrasive.
It's a great learning experience... any of them have more experience in reality than me, and have great social skills. They're relaxing in that way. The excitement comes in when you need to keep up with them and their desires. I can sleep around all day; many can surf all day.
I also love the fact I don't have to express emotions/we are able to just have fun. Balance is the key. Not that I have much experience with that yet, lol. Just try not to fall into any limerence, as a current thread is discussing. =p

So yeah, overall they've been great. I've had many doors and choices open up because of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts