Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Introvert, you enjoy the state of solitude more than having people around. Unfortunately (or fortunately), you are surrounded by very friendly & socially skilled people i.e the Extroverts. They pay visits to you, bring you foods n fruits. :shocked:

To be polite to them, will you force yourself to return their visits?

Here's my experience:

1. I managed to return their visits, but i didnt feel relaxed & at ease the whole time. I end up not visiting anymore n just stay in touch & being nice via Facebook or sms :wink:

2. They suddenly are quieter on the internet... I suspect they are beginning to dislike me due to the insufficient visit i do :sad:

3. I ended up emailing them bout my true-self, hoping that they would understand & accept me the way i am i.e one who will happily receive visits but rather not visit/hang out for no reason :happy:

What is YOUR experience?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i prefer hanging out at my house-it's nice here we've got enough room for everyone and my parents let us do whatever basically. we usaully just go around town if we're hanging out, but when we spend time at someone's hourse it's usually at my ones friends house because his house is pretty nice. i mean i'll come if invited but i won't ask to go or whatever. i kinda live out of the way but i drag my friends down to the island when ever i can.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're same...

i prefer hanging out at my house-it's nice here we've got enough room for everyone and my parents let us do whatever basically. we usaully just go around town if we're hanging out, but when we spend time at someone's hourse it's usually at my ones friends house because his house is pretty nice. i mean i'll come if invited but i won't ask to go or whatever. i kinda live out of the way but i drag my friends down to the island when ever i can.
I like being alone and don't like being around others. People neither respect that nor understand that. I do lose a lot of friends but I don't consider them freinds anyway.
Huh im glad to find s/one who u/stands n same with me.........but...its just difficult having to deal with "they reject me" fact...im alwiz hyperconcerned bout whether others like me or not. huh. trouble me.:sad:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It is posts like these that confirm to me that I'm an ENFP (I toyed back & fourth between INFP & ENFP for awhile). I love going out with friends I'm shy with people I don't know initially, but I love having friends over and I love going out even more. (My house is boring. I live there. =p) Sometimes I get a bit lazy socially speaking, but whenever I end up making myself go out with friends I always end up feeling energized and content.

I definitely do get anxiety about whether my friends really like me though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm

It is posts like these that confirm to me that I'm an ENFP (I toyed back & fourth between INFP & ENFP for awhile). I love going out with friends I'm shy with people I don't know initially, but I love having friends over and I love going out even more. (My house is boring. I live there. =p) Sometimes I get a bit lazy socially speaking, but whenever I end up making myself go out with friends I always end up feeling energized and content.

I definitely do get anxiety about whether my friends really like me though.
hmmmmmm, you sound more like an ENFP hehe. but that 'whether my friends really like me' is i think an INFP trait. We're quite opposite coz i prefer not having friends over than having friends over :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I like hanging out at my friends houses, as long as there aren't other friends of theirs there that I have never met, they aren't planning to go anywhere I am not comfortable with (like a party), I have my own car, so I am not at the mercy of another to take me home when I need an emergency e-vac... Also, I don't like going over all the time. Any more than once a week, and I will get frustrated. I like it better if my best friend comes and hangs out at my house. However, with my great friend (second to best friend), I prefer to go to his house than have him over at mine. I am not to fond of sleeping over at peoples homes. If an event requires it, I stay up all night, opposed to sleeping. :bored:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Huh im glad to find s/one who u/stands n same with me.........but...its just difficult having to deal with "they reject me" fact...im alwiz hyperconcerned bout whether others like me or not. huh. trouble me.:sad:
i'm lucky to have a good group of friends, i just spent last year and a bitofthe year before working for these issues. i would alwasy joke about it"you hate me don't you"and they get upset at and i kept making jokes which were half serious about how self-concious i am. i just had to shock myself into seeing how "silly" it was. no i make a big deal out of trust.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hmmmmmm, you sound more like an ENFP hehe. but that 'whether my friends really like me' is i think an INFP trait. We're quite opposite coz i prefer not having friends over than having friends over :)
I'm pretty sure I'm just an insecure extrovert. We're not all full of confidence. I almost think it's more of an "NF" trait than an I or E trait because a lot of NFs I know seem to be this way more so than other types. The other introverted types I know don't seem to care whether people ilke them or not. :tongue:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I actually love to go over my one friend's house (though I usually just drive there, and she drives us somewhere else to meet one of our friends, etc.), especially because I don't want to be stuck at my house. It's also easier for us to meet there. I like having the option of emergency evacuation (heh) right there if I need it, though. Sometimes I think I am an E due to how much I like our weekly get-togethers, but really I'm just looking for a big distraction from my thoughts. Being around others makes me become a totally different person. Sometimes, while someone's talking to me, and I zone out for a minute, I go back into 'myself' in my head, if that makes any sense to anyone; it really freaks me out and makes me anxious that I won't be able to keep up with what's going on on the outside and I'll say something I don't want others to know. It's like I've replaced myself in my head temporarily with a dummy bust; empty on the inside, putting all my energy outside and not really "think-talking" to myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm just an insecure extrovert. We're not all full of confidence. I almost think it's more of an "NF" trait than an I or E trait because a lot of NFs I know seem to be this way more so than other types. The other introverted types I know don't seem to care whether people ilke them or not. :tongue:
Ya i think you correctly correct my point, the "whether people like me" is more of an NF type, not Introverted, hehe, sorry2
Hmm quite interesting when u mentioned "insecure extrovert", thats my first time coming across the phrase.:tongue:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear E

I actually love to go over my one friend's house (though I usually just drive there, and she drives us somewhere else to meet one of our friends, etc.), especially because I don't want to be stuck at my house. It's also easier for us to meet there. I like having the option of emergency evacuation (heh) right there if I need it, though. Sometimes I think I am an E due to how much I like our weekly get-togethers, but really I'm just looking for a big distraction from my thoughts. Being around others makes me become a totally different person. Sometimes, while someone's talking to me, and I zone out for a minute, I go back into 'myself' in my head, if that makes any sense to anyone; it really freaks me out and makes me anxious that I won't be able to keep up with what's going on on the outside and I'll say something I don't want others to know. It's like I've replaced myself in my head temporarily with a dummy bust; empty on the inside, putting all my energy outside and not really "think-talking" to myself.
How i wish i also have that "love going over friend's house". We're quite different, im quite okay with being 'stucked at house' coz the peace n nobody creating a conversation is really good for me. Unlike u, i dont have a driving license (although im already 27) and so when i go to a friend's house, i cant make an emergency evacuation hehe :-( Are u sure you're an "I"?? hehe.. maybe u're an I having tendency to be E..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are u sure you're an "I"?? hehe.. maybe u're an I having tendency to be E..
I'd say an I can become an E based off stress. I think it's a "shadow function" thing, idk. I've read that when you are heavily under stress, you can become your shadow (ESTJ for us). I only get to hang out with them once a week, though. That's enough for me.

You should definitely get your license! It makes social gatherings a little better, since you can leave if you need to.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes yes yes! I will voluntarily go and hang out at my friends'! I do so everyday, I am out with a fairly large group and I fit along with them just fine. I have no problems talking too or meeting strangers. I've been out of my house everyday for most of the summer, and I enjoy being out with them! ^^ Though, I equally enjoy being at home and just having time to myself as well. :3 Either which way works for me ^^

Reactions: ivorynightgown

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes yes yes! I will voluntarily go and hang out at my friends'! I do so everyday, I am out with a fairly large group and I fit along with them just fine. I have no problems talking too or meeting strangers. I've been out of my house everyday for most of the summer, and I enjoy being out with them! ^^ Though, I equally enjoy being at home and just having time to myself as well. :3 Either which way works for me ^^
Wow! What then makes u an INFP? im guessing that ur Introvert trait is not that strong rite? u must be somewhere near to Extrovert already. geee, how i wish i also love hanging out at friends' places so that they'll continue to accept me n think im part of the bunch

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd rather hang out at their house. I hate having the responsibility of coming up with things to do.

Though the best is going out with friends. We went on a picninc yesterday and it was lovely. :tongue:

And I enjoy spending time with friends more than being alone, I think. I appreciate being alone greatly and I NEED my alone time, but I have a surpluss of it in my daily life so a nice day out with friends is always a pleasurable experiance for me.:happy:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like going to friends houses, especially when I feel like I could use the company, but I get uneasy when I'm dependent on someone getting me home, or if there are a bunch of people I don't know (I have no problem saying hi, but they make me uncomfortable all the same).

I do like being alone a lot, and sometimes I feel like I can only stand my friends in small doses, and then I need to get away and recharge for a month, heh. (Maybe a month was a slight exaggeration)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts