Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have/had multiple INFPs in my life and I enjoy the experience just as I do with every person that's fascinating. They are very sensitive people, especially if they are relatively disconnected from the outside world they will be sensitive to my teasing/jokes. I definitely attribute developing my 'F' side to them, even when I have been a little careless with the hornet's nest. :shocked: It is not always easy to contain the situation.

I think INFPs are a little quirky and do find that I connect with these types of people and this is through my own experience.

They also seem to develop a paranoia that I will find someone new and replace them. I love to meet new people but I just won't drop old friends. There might be just long gaps of little communication if there is no activity to focus on.

I've found that INFPs tend to become very clingy and it happens fast. Chatting in the morning is fun but I won't and I can't do it every day for six months. I'm not the most consistent person. Although at the same time they seem to caress my ego perhaps but even beyond reality because of how they project their idealism. I think also as a counter weight (with regards to their projecting) I can be more open with them and don't have to adapt/play games as much.

·
Banned
283 Posts
I dated one. Got clingy, paranoid, controlling, and would die if we spent a day apart. Probable BPD.

Had a good friend in high school who is likely an INFP. He's also a two faced, inconstant, backstabbing prick. Very dependent on the wrong people and quite unhealthy.

Have a friend from before high school that is likely an INFP. Completely harmless, wouldn't hurt a fly, very much sensitive and overall a pretty decent guy. Bsc in physics of all choices.

But overall, I think INFPs are rather nice. Total sweeties.

·
Registered
131 Posts
One of my best friends is an INFP. He is hilarious. We have been good friends for a long time. He is definitely sensitive to certain things but it has helped me learn to be aware of his feelings and not violate them. He is a different sort of person than most people and that is always refreshing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that's interesting that everyone is mentioning clinginess, because I'm completely opposite. I like having SO much space in my relationships, and I feel like I give my friends extreme amounts of it. I almost would never text someone just to talk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a close friend who's an INFP. he's fun to chill with and we joke around a lot but he's so damn sensitive. its like if i give him any type of criticism, he has a freakin existential crisis. i can give him a piece of advice and he'll get extremely defensive about it. i feel like that's a big barrier in our friendship and i can't handle it all the time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have a couple of INFP friends.
Love them to death but most of them are sensitive as fuck.

Maybe this is just my friends but they simply refuse to leave bad relationships.

Like this one friend I have... His girlfriend is mental and throw fits to get attention.
Don't know how many times she has threatened suicide.
She has physically attacked him multiple time, once punched him in the face just because she saw a girl she hated.
Refuses to leave her....

But other than that, you can have amazing conversations with them and they can be very funny(intentionally)

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Banned
1,469 Posts
From experience, they're great if I need a shoulder to cry on. One time when I was having panic attacks (my dad got sick with cancer), an INFP sat with me and gave me shoulder rubs until all of the anxiety left my system.

I can't say we've had many engaging conversations, though. I get bored around them quickly. On the plus side, they are rather cuddly and good listeners.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Once I met a INFP girl but she was so flakey and introverted that I gave up trying to hang out with her. That is my experience with INFP's and I assume they are all the same.

Reactions: yumtoast

·
Registered
545 Posts
Has every ENTP you met exactly like you? If they aren't then you might want to revise you perspective on INFPs.
Yes we are all exactly the same have you been paying attention?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts