Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I started getting interested in this about six months ago and have just come back to it in the last few weeks. I've just finished the MB test again (free humanetrics one) and came out INFP this time - I think that last time I came out INFJ.

I'd be curious to find out more and more specifically more details on character type and job. I've been working part time for the last 5 months renovating a house and working in a small media/design office. I like this better than my last job which had about 200 people and not much atmosphere. The new place has about 10 people and I feel like I make a difference. Also I work with a friend and the other people are really good people too. I am beginning to appreciate what a difference it makes to work with people you like. I think it's taken me a few months to adjust but it feels good now working there.

So yeah, just trying to work out more about myself and see if I can get any glimmers of knowledge on what makes me tick.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just tried it and got INFP with the following information:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.8)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******** (8.2)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use

The questions on that link seemed a little more theoretical and less clear but I guess it came up with INFP again...

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
It looks from the result that your probably and INFP, as you use your Fi the most.

Read up on the Fi Here to see if it describes you well if it does, your probably INFP, otherwise try this one about the Ni.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I took the test too... I was pretty sure I was INFP, but I've never done a test that detailed strength of functions.. That was cool. thank you so much for posting the link. This was my score:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.9) average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.2) unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.3) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.9) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.6) limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (32) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.5) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.2) excellent use

laughs... every time I got an "excellent use" I was like "good girl!!" Now I'll have to figure out what that all means... :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I think that I have moments of 'Ni' as described by that article - mostly in foreign places sometimes I just know where I am. I don't seem to get lost either in urban or rural places - others find it a bit weird but I find it weird that they don't know where they are. Not sure if this is really a 'Ni' aspect but it seems that way from reading that little snippet on the link.

I think that I'm more 'Fi' though, I definitely have a good sense of people's characters - at least I think I do - I'm pretty aware of good/bad people and tend to avoid those that I don't click with or are (in my consideration) 'fake'. Yeah, I think avoidance at all costs is what I do! There is a sort of line that once they've crossed there is no way back. I don't give people second chances but that's something I'm working on!

The 'Fi' snippet seems to relate to visual aspects and I think that I'm a very visual person. If I was away from home when I was a kid I'd call up home and ask for something in my room and know exactly where it was - I don't think that this is eidetic but maybe just a good spatial memory - anyway, even now I'm pretty visual.

Well thanks fro the help - any other tips?
Ed

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well, your most likely an INFP. That's my best guess, I can't really think of any more ways on differentiating between P or J, someone with better knowledge of the MBTI might be able to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts