Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me your type, dominant function, and thoughts you believe you have had due to your dominant function. Let it be an initial thought, not necessarily a well formulated opinion that you've formed based on time spent thinking on the subject, which could utilize all your cognitive functions.

It's simply about initial thoughts on something.

E.G.

My dominant function is Ti.

I recently heard people talking about women at my work place, deciding who's the most "slutty" and who "has gone through the most guys".

It immediately stemmed a thought that....

If "Sluts" are sexy women that get a lot of attention from guys and have a lot of sex, surely they are the "Alpha" females?

Alpha males are Alpha because they are the ones who are the most attractive to women and/or get to have more sex and therefore are more likely to pass their genetics down...

So surely "sluts" are basically alpha females? We are designed to want to fuck and to fuck a lot, and those who are the most fit to procreate tend to have the biggest sex drives, so women with the desire to fuck a lot, and fuck with many different men, are probably the most fit females selected by nature to procreate?

It only makes logical sense.

------------------------------------------

My Ti can pump out good things and bad things, and I don't just formulate entire opinions out of Ti alone, so the thought above will not stop there and go through more processing, but you get the picture.

It's all about the INITIAL thought, not the entire opinion. So we're not here to judge each other, because we're not here to share our well informed opinions, we're here to discuss our initial thoughts generated by our dominant function. That's all.

I've thought of some really retarded crap spouted by my Ti that may have made logical sense to me, but after further analysis turned out completely stupid.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
The conclusion you arrived at from your thought process sounds really stupid. There are no such things as alpha people. That's just something some people use to make themselves feel superior.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of initial thoughts Fe would generate. Perhaps this would be one?

"I never had any friends in high school, therefore high schools should enforce a totalitarian social system where there is a minimum and maximum number of friends for everyone that way nobody gets left out."

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The conclusion you arrived at from your thought process sounds really stupid. There are no such things as alpha people. That's just something some people use to make themselves feel superior.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of initial thoughts Fe would generate. Perhaps this would be one?

"I never had any friends in high school, therefore high schools should enforce a totalitarian social system where there is a minimum and maximum number of friends for everyone that way nobody gets left out."
Someone's blunt.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
My Fe works by...

"Okay, I'll sit here because I don't want to bother her. Is she bothered by me? Is she okay? Oh no, she's just looking at her phone and laughing to herself. That's nice. I probably shouldn't disturb her. Oh, here comes that one girl who likes to talk to me! Yay! Oh, but she already has someone to talk to. That's okay. I can talk to her later, and as long as she's not unhappy or distressed that's good. Oh, look, the teacher -- did I seem too eager getting up? Crap. Lower your jacket. Don't look so awkward putting on your purse. Play it cool. Oh, look, that girl from before smiled at you! See, still likes you. Okay. Yay, going into class now. Can't wait to discuss this story."

It's exhausting work being an Fe-dom, but somebody has to do it. (I guess.)

Reactions: Quernus

·
Registered
974 Posts
"If you use autocorrect and auto-capitalization, I won't stop you from doing so. I mean, I'll still hate you, but I'll be silent about it."

Pretty sure this comes from my Fi. Repulsion to autocorrect, auto-capitalization, and other crazy typing aids.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ni, but it's indirect. When piqued inexplicable memories pair with observations that inexplicably 'qualify' for comparison. I then have to figure out what the hell it means. My ability to interpret fluctuates: I'll have extremes of sterile opacity and colder calculation.

After an event affects me, series of thoughts will manifest throughout the day.

• "All people selectively omit themselves, yet they're so quick to protest and punish convenient targets."

• "People deny being the same to confirm their individuality, especially from their foes, but there's not a clean one amongst them. Isn't that relying on technicality?"

• "Do we deny because we have a primal phobia of one another, or of living in general?"

• "Something of this is exemplified in mass society. Scandals, advertising... We're either bored or scared, and make generalizations. Ah! There's an art to it to shaping public opinion... Perhaps I'll use it to my advantage, too."
Yay, social commentary

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
For those with perceiving functions first, it might help if you think about the thoughts your secondary function puts into your head. It seems like we with judging first peeps have an easier time giving examples of thoughts we've had.

Reactions: Innogen

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
I think that in doing this sort of thing, you have to keep the second function in mind. Your top function is going to be expressed very differently based on the second function.

I'm Ni paired with Fe, so my thoughts are along the lines of:

"This person probably feels _blank_ because of _blank_ and they're going to end up doing/saying _blank_".

I mention the second function because there are times when I feel like I shift to INTJ (I take a test that involves percentages, and I always score really low on my F preference -- 8% at lowest and 19% at the highest), and that changes things quite a bit. Ni paired with Te makes me think:

"This person didn't do/say this correctly because they're idiots and they don't understand how this system works. This system works *this* way."

... Needless to say, the INTJ shift happens when I'm in a bad mood.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hahahaha that's a very hysterical conclusion however I appreciate the insight into some Ti-dom thinking.

INFP, Fi-dom, I don't know...

Last night I was supposed to go to a bday party for someone I've been "involved" with, to varying degrees of casualness, off-and-on, over the past year and a half. Anyway I was having a really hard time figuring out whether I actually felt like going, for complicated reasons, and the thoughts went like this:

"Well, I did just see them the other day and we had sex and everything was fine, and we talk every day, and now they invited me on facebook like they invited everyone, and I did ask if it would be weird/bad for me to go... they did say it would not be weird... but I feel like they're just saying that because what else are they going to say?

Ah but I was looking forward to it and want to see them be happy and have fun. But I'm already shy and won't know anyone else but I was also really looking forward to it, but what if they are dating one of their guests and I'll feel weird, and sad, especially since I just went through a mini-breakup with someone else and like... I don't know if I feel like dealing with that.

I don't even know what this person really thinks of me at the moment, they are so hard to read, but I guess if nothing else... this might give me clarity, even if it's bad. If they clearly don't want me there... then it will help me understand better. It's not my fault if they can't tell me the truth about not wanting me to go. I have been making a lot of effort to be friends again so it's not like it's weird of me to go to something I was invited to and confirmed I was going to...

Okay a normal person without anxiety would probably just go. Plus I don't want to just dwell about my break-up right now. This will be good. This will be fun. I feel like going. No... I feel like staying home and watching 'Ugly Betty' with my roommate. No... I should go..."

PS I went and had fun and they were happy I showed up.

lmao so I don't know if that's Fi or not but it's an example of some serious overthinking as of late.

I'll try to come up with some better examples...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
My Fe works by...

"Okay, I'll sit here because I don't want to bother her. Is she bothered by me? Is she okay? Oh no, she's just looking at her phone and laughing to herself. That's nice. I probably shouldn't disturb her. Oh, here comes that one girl who likes to talk to me! Yay! Oh, but she already has someone to talk to. That's okay. I can talk to her later, and as long as she's not unhappy or distressed that's good. Oh, look, the teacher -- did I seem too eager getting up? Crap. Lower your jacket. Don't look so awkward putting on your purse. Play it cool. Oh, look, that girl from before smiled at you! See, still likes you. Okay. Yay, going into class now. Can't wait to discuss this story."

This is so interesting. Because I am Fi-dom, and my own post mentions all my anxiety and worries about how someone is going to view me. But it's very much focused on... like... what to do based on how I feel or think I might potentially feel, instead of being like... an actual live-action judgement of/reaction to other people's feelings in the moment... lol...

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
This is so interesting. Because I am Fi-dom, and my own post mentions all my anxiety and worries about how someone is going to view me. But it's very much focused on... like... what to do based on how I feel or think I might potentially feel, instead of being like... an actual live-action judgement of/reaction to other people's feelings in the moment... lol...
Oh trust me, I do that too. I was actually really close to commenting to your post about how I did much the same thing. But I have social anxiety, so that's how I excuse that (and my own Fe thoughts, as well). But, definitely, like I am always subconsciously looking at how people are feeling and reacting to me and trying to get the most positive reaction I can out of them in regards to me.

Edit: but I do make active decisions even when deliberating about a party or something. More common is like, when I'm worried about how my class will react because I'm presenting that day or something. I try to look my very best so I'll give them the least amount of extraneous crap to silently critique me on, I practice extra hard to make sure they don't laugh at me or whatever, I gage their reactions in my head to try to figure out ahead of time how I will react. Prepare myself for the worst, don't even fathom the best.

And even on a small scale. Vicky Jo I think made a post on her infamously famous blog about how like Fe chooses clothes based on how people will perceive them, Fi picks clothes based on how they feel. I only started noticing it recently, but I most definitely pick my clothes based on how people will perceive me that day. (Unless I'm having a lazy day and wearing a tshirt, but even then I'm thinking "can I afford to wear a tshirt? Did that other girl wear a tshirt last week, and no one judged her? Will my teacher care?"
And I guess that is active, in a sense.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Okay, a recent occurrence, probably some kind of Ji rather than Si (I have pretty sucky, rarely-used Fe). It's the closest I've got:

*reads something online*

*starts getting irrationally upset about it*

"Whoa there...okay, pull back, pull back. Is this really necessary? You're going to get depressed and self-hating over some random comment on the internet? One that didn't even say anything of substance? In a troll thread? Do you see how immature and pointless that is? You don't need that - save it for things that are worth getting depressed about. Oh, hey, you should check...." *goes and thinks about other stuff*

·
Registered
BEAR
1,928 Posts
I think this is an Se- thing
"ohh, that building looks pretty! Let's climb to the roof and see the view of the lakes and mountains from the top!"

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dominant function is Fi and I always think people are talking bad about me.

Reactions: ScientiaOmnisEst

·
Registered
INTJ
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Fe works by...

Sounds a lot like me actually. I actually think that I can't possibly have only inferior Fe because I'm always looking at facial expressions and wondering what people think, not wanting to bother them, shaping my words so to not spark any emotions.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
Ne makes me think in a thousand tangents all the time. I don't get distracted - I just mention a side thought, and people who know me know to disregard the things that I say that don't tie into the subject at hand.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
When I first saw this thread, I thought you were suppoused to write your initial thought about this thread. So my first reaction was something in line with what's the point of this thread?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Rating people as alphas and betas is moronic, we're not a pact of wolves.

My dominant function is Si.
Some Si thoughts:
"What happened when people faced another global economic crisis 80 years ago? Maybe if we do the same, things will work out"

"What does he mean by 'lets do something different today'? Why would I betray my precious routine?"

"I can't stand this generation, I should have been born in the 60s! Oh wait, my country was ruled by the military junta back then. What about the 30s? Nope , another dictatorship , not to mention WWII. The 20s ? Greco-Turkish war. Well, I guess my country can't catch a break"

"What does he mean by 'lets just do that, don't think about it so much'? What reasonable person would act without thinking? "

*Walter Sobchak 's voice* "Am I the only one around here who cares about the rules? They exist for a reason , you know"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts