Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am new to this althought my husband has been in this forum for quiet some time. Also I am no native english speaker so please forgive me for my grammar.

For about 3 Years I have been learning a lot about the inner jugde wich is some kind of Institution of the human mind that everyone of us has. I'd like to know if how the inner judge is connected with the different personality types, so I thought I would give it a try and ask you guys about it.

First I'd like to explain what an inner judge is and the best way to talk about that, is to tell you a little bit of how he works in my mind. This is going to be very personal so I hope you guys will stay nice. Also if you don't like my explanation you can always google "inner judge" and find tons of stuff about it.

The inner judge is as disciped something that excists in your mind and once you know him will be very easy to point out. His most used words are "always, everything, anything, nothing, no one"

In my case hes the voie in my head that says stuff like.

-You are always annoing people
-You can't do anyting right
-You are stupid
-No one would miss you if you where gone
-You are a burden to everyone around you

Let's just stick with those first. Maybe you noticed some similarities to what is going on in your head. And at this point it is impartant to note that the "inner judge" is a liar.
A little example: I forget stuff. Often. Mostly my keys and when I am standing outside my door and my inner judge screams in my head "You always forget everything" It is important to notice that I am wearing my shoes. Didn't forget that. I went to the university and brought my laptop to work in the library.. Didn't forget that either.
To sum it up: "No I don't always forget everyhing"

But the judge is there, he is always there. In some of us he is a whispering voice that sometimes appears, in others he screams daily. What I'd like to know is: What is your inner judge like? Mine is loud, he is nasty and sometimes I can't sleep because of him. Is it somehow connected to beeing an INFP or for that matter to any Fi type? What do you think?

Yours Sincerely,
Migo

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I don't think a nasty and loud Inner Judge is related to being an INFP. Many types have one that's out of control.

I think that everyone should be grateful that they have an Inner Judge because it means you developed a Super-Ego in childhood. This means that you will be concerned about hurting people and, as a side benefit of that, you can function in society without being sent to prison. It might be more productive to take a moment to thank it for it's work, rather than saying it's altogether a liar. Blaming and disparaging it creates unnecessary conflict in the psyche.

But, as you point out, it becomes a problem when it's excessively loud and nagging.

My Inner Judge isn't angry or loud. It's quite a whinny and scared tone to it. Simpering and pathetic. I'd say it's tone is depressive. And because I tend to think in pictures more than words, I find it very hard to combat it with words. I have to visualize myself doing well or think of a time where I did something virtuous.

However, there is something I often say to the Inner Judge:

Thank you so much for your concern, but I can do this. I live in a society that only asks that I take things one step at a time. When result are unpredictable, trying has intrinsic value. It means that I'm learning and growing, which makes me better prepared for the future may bring.

The Inner Judge is highly attached to outcomes and needs this rational soothing from the Wise Mind.

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
I believe my inner judge is properly disciplined during my waking hours. It involves a whip and lots of pepper spray. Sometimes a taser. It can turn into A Beast, if it gets out of control. My inner judge is way more vocal about other humans and what I see going on in the world around me, than what I'm up to. I have a code of rules I live by (i.e. try hard not to hurt people) and I follow that code. I'm actually pretty happy with me.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have that inner-judge for sure, and it's savage. It that's voice that always says to you, despite your best efforts to accomplish something or create something, that your results are inferior and could have been done better because of xyz. Oddly enough, I think this judge manifests also in dreams in the form of an ex you might have just broke up with. I've had nightmares where my ex will be viciously berating me and pointing out all kinds of unflattering things about me. I think that's my inner-judge somehow putting pressure on my insecurities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for your intersting answers. I know that the inner judge has somekind of value my problem is that he only paints black and white. There is no reasoning with him for me. I'd like to get to s state where I could see my actions as they are not absolutly perfect and not wrong in every way. My inner judge often keeps me from reflecting my actions in different angles. Often it is kind of an emotional reaction really without control it says. "There you go again. You said something stupid now everybody thinks you are an idiot." I feel as if my introverted Feeling is so involved with my inner judge that I can hardly seperate my "code of rules" from his nagging. This is why the relation of Fi and the inner Judge got interesting for me in the first place. I somehow feel like I am more vulnerable to him. I guess you could describe it as a relationship. He is like a nagging roommate. But somehow even if basically I am doing all the work in the haushold the best way I could he is never satisfied. Somewhere on the way I forgot to seperate him from my consience.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Henry Ford

I think and think and think, I‘ve thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.

Jonathan Safran Foer

The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.

Albert Einstein

Blah blah blah you get where I'm going, your present, aware, you know those thoughts are bothersome and untrue so catch yourself and stop them in their tracks. Replace it with a positive thought, anything, something your grateful for, then smile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
Blah blah blah you get where I'm going, your present, aware, you know those thoughts are bothersome and untrue so catch yourself and stop them in their tracks. Replace it with a positive thought, anything, something your grateful for, then smile.[/SIZE]
I don't think it's that easy. What I am talking about is a serious conflict of how I judge situations. Sometimes I get stuck in desicions because I don't know if I am driven by my own motivation or if it is an overreaction of my inner judge. I am constantly thinking I am doing things wrong but when I just ignore it wouldn't that mean I am missing the things I am really doing wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts