• 11 or over

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just some questions I am asking out of curiosity:

How many inner voices do you have? If you have more than one, then do you have a dominant one? Do certain inner voices of yours only pop up during certain moments? Do certain voices simply dominate a certain area(reading, narration, etc)?

Does your inner voice mainly pop up when you are reading something, or does it pop up for other reasons(such as narrating your actions for example)?

How often do you use your inner voices?

Does it match the sound of your regular voice(referring to how your voice sounds to you individually, not out loud, since your actual voice sounds different to how you interpret the sound of your voice in your head while talking)?

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank your reading abilities?

And on an unrelated note, do you like cheese?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think I just have one but it has a multitude of different opinions and ideas and never shuts up, I'm basically always talking to myself. :ball:

10/10 reading ability :yeah:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Two:
• "I want"
• "Why you can't have / Wait for later / After you do X"

First is a little childlike at times, sounds softer and more emotional, prone to whining.
Second is the uber-responsible parent, understanding but firm and sometimes critical, sounds really nuanced in tone like a good counselor. Says whining is unacceptable, lol.

Reading and a lot of activities are very internally visual for me so there isn't voice predominance during those things.
Mostly I hear it when I'm alone and reflecting / debating action / reasoning through moral issues.
When I'm with people it almost completely shuts off so it's a little weird for me when I'm unwinding later and all these reflections process through (probably a Ni/Se thing) .

·
Registered
58 Posts

One is a medieval alchemist, one is a tugboat captain, and the third is chief of an uncontacted Amazonian tribe. And they each have 3 :laughing:

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
15,426 Posts
I believe i have one inner voice that narrates nonstop- like I'm inside my mind talking to myself and questioning my actions. I do have several trains of thoughts that are running all at once- and some of those thoughts are conversational movies or recalling of past memories- in those thoughts then I can recall different voices .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
980 Posts
we all generally have three basic inner voices, though this can be expanded to include more if you are aware

The three ego states are the culprits, Berne or Freud’s tripartite system

You have to listen very hard but they are there.

The Parent Ego States: Nurturing and Controlling parent
The Adult Ego State: a computer, concerned only with rationality and logic.
The Child Ego States: Free and Adapted child

The Child Ego State, ‘recordings’ of childhood memories and experiences
The Parent Ego State, the spoken and unspoken rules of caretakers and parental figures

these are the voices that are present, when you hear them properly they do actually sound like your mother or father or have a high pitched childlike quality reminiscent of your own voice

Listen and learn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts