Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Yes! I have large dark eyes and I remember several of my high school pictures had a really dreamy quality to them. I look young for my age in general anyways but I think the eyes can add to that to some extent. Sometimes there's a soft, distant look in the eyes and that makes it seem more like I'm in la-la-land :p

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Absolutely a fan of looking young and innocent. It's an aesthetic trait I very much appreciate and try to maintain.

It's funny because literally just a few minutes ago I was asked for ID at a store because I was purchasing a lottery ticket. And it's so unusual for me to have to do that, mainly because I don't do most of the things that would require it (such as buying alcohol and cigarettes and going to clubs -- entirely out of my wheelhouse). Anyhow, I had only just shaved a few hours before this, and I think because I keep a clean shave pretty much most of the time, I tend to look a few years younger than I actually am. I'm 27 but I'm pretty sure at first glance people would assume I'm more like 20 to 23. Now if I start letting a beard grow out, I definitely look older; and had I had one this morning, I'd be willing to bet that I wouldn't have been asked for ID.

Anyway, I like maintaining a soft, clean, innocent look. I think it's the right physical expression of my personality, and it's also how I feel the most comfortable. I've never felt like myself with any kind of scruff. It makes me look too unkempt and scraggly and I don't think it suits me. It's funny because my roommate is in a few ways the polar opposite of me, and he expresses an opposite view of himself. He can't stand not having facial hair because he claims it makes him look like too young a boy. Different strokes for different folks.

As long as people keep mistaking me for younger than I am, I've got no complaints. Many people go to great lengths to mask their age. In my case all I have to really do is shave.

:laughing:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I tried once, but it's impossible to take a picture of eyes without good lighting and another person :D I'll try to get someone to do it in the next week or so :D
Could you tag me as well when you take the picture? I’m a curious soul. . .

Reactions: dlb and Cherry

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
Absolutely, I've often been told I have a "little brother" persona, even by those I'm 10 years their senior. When I'm shaved, like @Monster Melancholy , I look like I'm in my early 20s. I think the eyes are a large part of it, Mainly because they are the greatest indicator of emotion, and we can be very emotional. Strong expressions of feelings are widely seen as a sign of immaturity and youth. Its a double edged sword honestly, I'm never held to the same standards that others (often highly protected), nor do i get the respect others do. Everywhere I've ever worked, I have collected a handful of childish nicknames.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
My eyes seem to change a lot, I look at pictures and from one pic to the next, my eyes might look all intense and slightly devillish, sometimes happy go lucky and cheerful, sometimes goofy, sometimes spaced out. They do a lot of darting around until something specific grabs my attention. Bit weird :h01113:

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
What @mushr00m said xD Basically.

I don't think I have innocent eyes...? But then I don't witness myself from the outside out there in the world, so I don't know. I do know what my default expression is: the famous RBF. The reason I know is because people over the years have told me a variety of the phrase "Before I ever talked to you, I thought you were a B**** because you look so serious, but then you spoke and you're nice". Even my parents tell me often that they never know if they can talk to me or they should leave me alone, because I look pissed off most of the time. Inside I feel super happy and chatty, though.

I do look 10 years younger than I am. I'm aproaching 33 in only a few months, and people are always shocked. They think I'm 23-24. I get asked for my ID often at museums and airports because authorities don't believe I'm the age I say I am. And job interviews are a nightmare because interviewers are constantly accusing me of lying about my age :( I just had yet another experience at my last 2 interviews. They thught I was lying in my CV about the year I was born, and they tried mental tricks on me to get me to "confess" the "real" year. Sigh.

Also, sometimes I wonder if the reason older men rarely hit on me is because I look like a baby :( I'm constantly getting hit on by 20-y/os and I'm like... I could be your mother!

Sigh. I don't know xD Life is complicated looool

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I have a genetic mutation called heterochromia iridum. My eyes are half-blue and one-quarter yellow and one-quarter green. Maybe it's an INFP thing.
Your skin has odd flecks of cream among the bronze.
And a hat would cover your ears, think.

Why didn't you mention that you like to go about on all fours and that you're a strict vegan?

·
5,241 Posts
Having now studied some pictures of myself, my conclusion is no, my eyes don't look innocent, but the rest of my face does, pictures of me with eyes closed look really innocent(I am guessing because I am fat and thus have rounded cheeks), but not my eyes, they look either like they are sighing, or piercing, or knowing, or calculating/scheming, amused, or sad...

·
Registered
400 Posts
(Aah I don't know if anyone sees past the first page, but fingers crossed that someone will hopefully see my post even though I'm not INFP;; asjdfk;l I'm just making things more awkward, I'm so sorry;;;;; ( ´•̥ו̥` ) )

I only know of one confirmed INFP in my life -- my lovely-as-ever beau! ♡ He definitely has the "puppy-dog" look down; I'm very envious of him because I feel like I actively have to work @ making as sweet as an expression as he! Big, round dreamy eyes~ Sigh~~~ ♡♡

Very recently I came across this neat little website, and clicked on FiNe for my boyfriend -- and gosh, was I surprised!
lets see.jpg
LOOK @ THE CUTENESS

Sorry, I'm getting distracted;;
He was pleasantly surprised by how similar he looked to each of them in their facial features/expressions, and didn't realize that's how he came across looking like! He worries he appears large and scary, but he's as adorable as they come~ As I'm sure every INFP is! I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting more of you in my day-to-day adventures, but am curious to hear what you think of this site and its images, if you relate @ all or don't see any similarities? :blushed:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think it's all about the Ne, honestly. Childlike style.

I don't think I have a soft look. I know I give off an innocence though and have been described as "proper" - Boo.

Just this week someone new said I come across as exuberant which is hilarious (to me) since I know me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts