Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I only really get insecure when it comes to my height, and my weight even though I don't weigh that much. My height I can't really do anything about, but being insecure about my weight forces me to get in incredible shape, so I guess it's not that bad. Everything else, I could give a fuck less about, or feel like I shouldn't be ashamed or embarrased about.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My appearance, especially my acne.
The poofiness of my hair.
My tendency to say/do really stupid things when I'm in Ne mode.
My lack of ability to initiate conversation (this is more of a reinforcer of my insecurities rather than an insecurity itself).
My lack of drawing ability/clean writing.

Those are the main ones I think.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have a severe insecurity of my ability as a writer. I tend to distrust the people who tell me otherwise.
I have a severe insecurity about my intelligence. I feel I have wasted it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My intelligence, despite the fact that people often tell me I'm not at all lacking in that department.
That resonates with me completely. I have a huge huge problem with that, and like @Cable says, I can't ever come to believe that I know something. I always say "I am interested" but never say "I know that" i don't. But I do find other people's assumptions about mastery in something very very annoying. Depth matters and most people think it's ok to just say "I know that" and never talk about it again.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow! I read all the previous posts and they basically spilled out my insecurities. I'm really insecure about what people think of me, (although I try to deny it to myself) but I've been trying to over come this insecurity by talking more in class, joining in group discussions and just saying whatever it is that I have on my mind without thinking of what people's reaction will be. Taking a philosophy class has really helped me because I am really set on my beliefs and I love sharing what I hold to be right.
Another insecurity is as someone else said, not looking as good as I think I do. I also depend a lot on peoples evaluations of me, for example, I'm used to people coming up to me and telling me that I look attractive, but when people don't do that I start feeling unattractive and ugly. I have to understand that I'm not going to get compliments all the time and not to depend on people too much.
It's crazy how my physical appearance affects me so much, like when I feel that I look good that I can say anything and just be myself, on my not-so-good-looking days, I kind of withdraw to myself and keep quiet.
Another insecurity is that I LOVE to draw, but I can never come up with anything original from myself. I always have to look at another picture or something and draw. I wish that I could just come up with something by myself and I'm scared that I will never be a good artist because of my lack of creativity.

I am extremely socially insecure and I think that my social insecurity comes from me judging people, I think that people judge me the same way I judge them. I need to stop!

I wish that I could just let go of all my insecurities and just be who I am. I wish that I can be fearless. I guess that in order to become fearless, you have to experience the situation that fears you and face it and get over it.
I feel like I relate a lot to you now...

Some others of mine:

Not feeling good enough
That I can't be as beautiful as other people I see, that really depresses me even though I know looks are just superficial.
Not being able to accept myself properly/caring too much what people think of me.
My inability to make friends and keep the ones I have.
I'm very insecure about my awkwardness, shyness and general social failure :(
My body, I don't feel feminine enough.
And funnily, I am very insecure about being insecure...I hide it as much as possible, it scares me to think that people can see how insecure I am!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm am insecure about my intelligence, conversational skills, writing ability, appearance... the list goes on. I can never figure out if I have a realistic perspective of myself/my abilities, or if am too hard on myself. The worst is my insecurity about my writing, I've always dreamed of being an author, but honestly I'm never happy with anything I write. It's so discouraging. :/

·
Registered
509 Posts
@Nienna Sorry to hear you relate to my post; I really wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm surprised the military hasn't weaponized it.
That's actually a good idea for a weapon of mass destruction. More poisonous than anthrax.

Reactions: Theodore

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I've been sitting around a lot lately.. while drinking copious amounts of doctor pepper whilst gaming for hours. I'm fairly insecure about this gut I'm growing and boobs sprouting from my chest. Diet + exercise being enacted soon.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I echo a lot of the rest of you. I am insecure about my appearance. Some days i feel really good and then I look in the mirror and realize I don't look as good as I feel. My hair bothers me, it's all broken and raggedy because i play with it too much. And the main place I ever get fat is on my belly. Some women get it in their ass, in their hips, their thighs. Not me, I get instant beer gut if i'm not careful. It really bugs me because if I wear a form fitting shirt, I feel like I always have to suck in.

Also insecure about my past mistakes. I have some regrets and I wish a lot of them would just go away and never have the potential to come back and haunt me.

I am generally insecure after a conversation with someone where i did a lot of talking. I will go home and feel like I said too much or that I was boring them or talking too much about myself and not enough about them. I suppose this can be summarized into having an insecurity surrounding conversation.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Insecurities, I have a lot, but then again, too many to mention.

- I feel I will never have a job that will provide security for my future wife and children
- I'll probably never have a wife
- Therefore I'll never have children
- If I do have a wife she'll probably leave me
- If I have children they'll probably leave me
- I'll be lonely for the rest of my life
- Or live with mom until she dies, then be lonely
- I'll never be independent of living off of other people's charity
- I don't have the capacity to learn as quickly as others
- People tend to pity me more than others
- My BA degree is a phony--I couldn't possibly have been smart enough to graduate college
- I'm overly-formal with most people
- I can talk about anything, albeit only on the shallowest of levels
- People don't get as close to me as they do with their other friends
- The great accomplishments that people think I've done were all half-assed attempts and not nearly as cool as they sound
- I resist a lot of technology people are into. Soon I'll be obsolete myself

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Characteristics

I worry that I'm not creative enough. I used to be very creative and into art when I was a kid, but I seem to have lost touch with that part of me. As a result, I end up feeling like I'm just like everyone else (which is another fear.)

Feeling like I'm just like everyone else. If I have no unique qualities to offer, I feel like my life is pointless. I want to be unique and provide others with some sort of personal gift.

I worry about my ability to do things. Even common, everyday things can be tricky for me and I feel like if others became aware of that that they would laugh at me or think I was a joke. Because of my mom's overprotective nature and the fact that she's always tried to do everything for me means that I lack basic skills. I also feel that I don't meet the requirements in the working world and it provides a lot of anxiety.

I'm insecure about the way that I appear to others. I feel like my appearance isn't good enough because my clothes, hair, and skin aren't as nice as other people's. I'm also insecure about my speaking and social skills. I don't really know how to communicate with others in person because I haven't had much practice. I feel like others can see that and that I look stupid.

Appearance

Like I said above, I feel like my clothes, hair, and skin aren't good enough. I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe every season or to even have a complete wardrobe, so I end up wearing the same outfits over and over again. I know logically that no one probably pays attention to what I wear, but I still feel like they notice. In addition, my hair is very dry and frizzy and I can't be bothered to style it half the time. I worry about what that reflects about me. Regarding my skin, I have struggled with acne since I was 10. I feel insecure about the scars the pimples have left on my face and my pimples and blackheads themselves. I am so jealous of people with perfect skin. I wish I had that too.

I am also insecure about my face. I hate having no upper lip and I think my nose is too bulbous and prominent on my face. I am really tempted to have both surgically altered but then I could possibly feel fake afterwards.

But I have a love-hate relationship with my nose. It reminds me of where I came from. My mom has a very similar nose and so does her mother (my grandma) and my grandma's father. I call it the "Ukrainian peasant nose". So to get rid of that would be kind of sad.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Characteristics

I agree with Blissfuldreams ; I worry about my creativity and uniqueness.I want to stand out, and not seem like everybody else.Sometimes that's hard to do while still remaining within your shell.

I also feel like I'm self centered.Sometimes I can care less about whatever somebody is telling me.I forget to think about others. Some people don't really tell me anything anymore because I often tell people..I don't see a reason why they are hiding what they are, and simply tell others, without considering their emotions.

I also seem a lot more feminine than most males my age, which bothers me.People have judged me, and I'm still afraid of people doing that.I was once in line for something when a group of guys behind me whispered "gay ass", without knowing me.

Appearance

I have acne, but luckily it's slowly disappearing.
I dress horribly.I don't see why people care about what they dress in,but sometimes I'm worry about what other people think.I wear the same clothes often, and the clothes are a lot less nicer than what other people wear.
My posture is weird for a guy.I don't stand straight, but rather with my butt out (lumbar lordosis), which is probably the reason people assume I'm homosexual.
My hair is poofy and shaggy.I don't have short,clean hair..
I also have a small sebaceous cyst (repeat ; small.Dont believe the google images crap) on my finger.During music class,I hide it while the teacher helps/observes my guitar skills.Its become such habit, I hide my fingers regardless of what hand it is,or if it even has a cyst on it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That I'll be judged on the people I love (I.e. gender)
That I'm a big hypocrite.That I'm selfish,judging,ignorant and narcissistic without knowing it.
That people will forget about me, or if not, they'll remember me as a dull quiet person.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Everyone has insecurities that plague them (well, I assume everyone does). Mine include having no artistic ability, not being original in how I express myself with words, seeming 'creepy' or unfriendly to others, being a joke to other people, etc.

What do other infps sometimes feel insecure about?
Those are exactly my insecurities.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What is a man but a miserable pile of insecurities?

With that in mind, a comprehensive answer would have me typing here for weeks, so I'll narrow it down. The root of my insecurities is my own inferiority, specifically with regards to relationships. I don't like to admit it but I am the sort who seems to require frequent - e.g. weekly or even daily - reminders of my worth and the strength of my friendships, lest I feel that things are slipping. Granted the reminders aren't much, all I need is a friendly message or something similar, but without them even the strongest friendships falter as I recede into my deep dark tunnel of brooding and self-criticism. Romantic relationships are even more unstable. I simply don't feel like I could ever actually be important to someone, and given how passionately I feel about those I hold dear, I have extreme difficulty accepting that anyone could ever feel as strongly for me as I do for them.

Physically I'm a wandering bundle of insecurities, but as I can't do anything about those, I try not to dwell on them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just disovered this website, the other INFPs, and your post. I wish I hadn't missed out on the discussion, which happend almost a year ago. Reading your post is like hearing myself think. Nice to know I'm not so alone in my INFP weirdness.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thank jebus someone made a thread about this. i needed to vent without looking like a compliment fisher.
i'm pretty sure i'm ugly
i'm not stupid but by acting happy i come off as really idiotic
i flip back and forth between being loving my body and thinking i'm a fat cow (but i'm changing that. yay!)
my face pisses me off
i want friends but as soon as i make them i don't like them anymore
i don't think my artistic skills are good enough for the college i want to go to
i have NO FRIGGIN IDEA what i want to do with my life and i hate having to say that to people
sometimes i think i'm picky just because i know i could never find a partner even if i tried
i'm pretty sure i'm going to die a virgin
i love sleep more than life itself
i can't connect with ANYONE

i guess this can all be summed up as "essential teenage bullshit" lol. no biggie. i'm sure i'll get over it!

21 - 40 of 81 Posts