Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am most insecure just about being insecure. Also about my social skills, expressing my opinion, my weight a bit, what other people think of me, my singing voice, my taste, expressing my emotions to others... But in the last time I manage it more and more to not give a fuck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I worry that I'm always going to be the girl that "looks good on paper" but that for some mysterious reason that no man can explain, I'm just not the one they fall in love with. Ever.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I get excited/am perfectly happy/content people ask if I'm "on something." (In a professional environment this becomes an insecurity)

Appearance, yep.

Being thought of as a total weirdo/awkward.

Never measuring up to other people's standards (though this has started to matter less and less each year).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also being so certain that I either don't deserve someone or that they would never be interested in me that I pull away before I can officially find out.

Also working on this and getting better! Haha

·
Registered
134 Posts
not having friends,just acquaintances,never been in a relationship,being painfully shy and awkward,my face somedays,my body,my clothes even,depends on who i am around,like if there's a person who is really posh,even if i don't like their style,i feel so bad next to them,i hate the person social anxiety makes me be,always worried about what people think,that shouldn't be me,i should be a rebel!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Basically, my incompetence.
More specifically: Not being able to communicate verbally, performing less than ideally academically, not being able to hold down a job, and being destructive towards myself and my surroundings.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That I'll never find someone who loves and understands me for me

That I'm too sensitive and too soft and will be taken advantage of. I was always criticized for this as a child by one of my parents and it damaged me

That I'm not outgoing enough. I can be very talkative but many social scenes that my peers enjoy bore me.

That I'm too deep and intense and brooding in my own thoughts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
My social skills, especially in the romantic arena. I feel like I don't really have anything to offer there. And now that my album's about to come out, I'm kind of insecure about whether or not it will actually be a good album. I'm so afraid of it just being mediocre.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My biggest insecurity is worrying that my friends secretly hate something about me, or that I'll drive them away some day.

To be fair, though, I'm confident enough to mention this to them. And when I do, it's the one time I actually like to be called stupid by them.

Reactions: Leni

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm insecure about the way I look. I feel that nobody is going to find me attractive for my personality - but that my body that carries my personality isn't attractive enough to compensate. It makes me jealous of those who draw people in like a magnet, due to their personality or their looks.

I have many other insecurities - but the big ones are my Father, my body and how much of a coward I am sometimes.

Oh, did I mention the buckets of guilt? I could feed the 5000 with my guilt.

BUT. I'm nothing without my insecurities, my art would be non existent. My insecurities relate me to humans and feed my compassion.

·
Registered
623 Posts
@adagio Bless you. I'm always off of work at the moment :D We should go swimming in your avatar (so sparkly) - and we can play the game of trying to guess what word each other is saying under water ( BEST. GAME. EVER. ) A simple hello gets turned to BLAGDAWOOOO.

·
Registered
458 Posts
@adagio Bless you. I'm always off of work at the moment :D We should go swimming in your avatar (so sparkly) - and we can play the game of trying to guess what word each other is saying under water ( BEST. GAME. EVER. ) A simple hello gets turned to BLAGDAWOOOO.
You're so lovely! Weks hab ginner wand ah moobie!

Hope the current storms aren't near you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm sure you're quite lovely too @adagio . I'm safely grounded in my bedroom, thanks for asking :D The stormy weather's pretty much calmed down now. Last night was crazy though with roof tiles smashing to the ground like plates! I hope you're safe from stormy weather too, where every you are!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm sure you're quite lovely too @adagio . I'm safely grounded in my bedroom, thanks for asking :D The stormy weather's pretty much calmed down now. Last night was crazy though with roof tiles smashing to the ground like plates! I hope you're safe from stormy weather too, where every you are!
It brought the roof down. Sorry! Well, we could always go swimming as you suggested. :tongue:

I'm in the Caribbean, no storms here luckily, nevertheless, I'll probably have wet dreams now.

I hope you have a safe and dry night. xo

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My insecurity is a deeply held but hidden feeling that I always have to earn my right to belong. Using methods from Fourth Way I have found a large number of behavioural quirks that can be traced back to this. I was quite astonished to read a type 9 description thread that described exactly my behaviour and the reasons for it.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
My biggest insecurity is people seeing or perceiving that I am insecure at any given moment. They might try to attack me if they smell I'm weak.

I also suffer from the fraud thing. I pour my entire being into a project, believe in it wholeheartedly, and that's when I'm in my bubble. As soon as it's done and I'm required to share it with the world, I'm okay with sharing because I assume that nobody will understand or appreciate it, and I'm okay with that because it feels familiar. But if I receive positive feedback, that's another story. I get insecure and ashamed. I think "Just wait until they find out I'm a fraud and I'm just an average person". This also happens when somebody hits on me. I speed up the process of disappointing them by expoiting by negative traits. This last thing has to do with my obsession with authenticity and e4 image. I want to be seen from the very beginning as the flawed thing that I really am.

I'm also insecure (let's say ashamed) about sharing experiences of my life. Because my life hasn't been 'normal', and everytime I shared my experiences in the past I got negative feedback. So now I clam up and pray that nobody asks me about my past so I don't have to lie.

So yeah, like everybody else, I'm insecure about what people think of me, doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. Either way I'll find a reason why that feedback makes me feel bad.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts