Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Essentially, the most socially confident introvert. I'm also trying to type someone:

A bit manipulative. They're "nice," but they're manipulative towards some, especially those they're in relationships with. It's hard to explain. If you were in the same room as them, you wouldn't have this strong urge to punch them in the face. But at the same time, they can be pushed over as well. Or maybe them being pushed over led to the manipulation- I don't know. I'm saying as an INTJ, I don't know if someone like this would be compatible for me. They also don't seem to be compatible with ESFPs, either. When I asked my friend if he was detached, she said, "not really," even though that's what it sounded like to me. He's definitely not clingy. She also described him to be a bit narcissistic. Also, he may not pick up on jokes/sarcasm and will answer them seriously or insensitively and he doesn't seem to grasp the "big picture" or "the point" in an argument. Speaking of which, he tends to hide when he gets upset or cries (he'll tell the other person to leave). As an INTJ, I can tell he's definitely not INTJ.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I kind of like how you go from "insensitive/manipulative introvert" and then jump to "essentially: the most socially confident introvert", like those two generally go hand in hand on a normal basis lol. Anyways, I get what you mean.

I mean, clearly you have yourself an unhealthy type in that person. So whatever label it is, it most likely wont be a general representation or a good one to rely on but blah blah blah.

Maybe not enough information is provided though. Not a lot of "whys" to his behavior, which makes sense because how well might you know why he does what he does? If he purposefully manipulative and what exactly is he trying to manipulate? What sort of aspects will he attempt to manipulate, her into doing something? and if so, what exactly (is there an overall theme to his manipulation, basically). I wonder if unhealthy ISTx might fit. Again, that's a very broad leap and I don't have much to back it up with other than a hunch.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of like how you go from "insensitive/manipulative introvert" and then jump to "essentially: the most socially confident introvert", like those two generally go hand in hand on a normal basis lol. Anyways, I get what you mean.

I mean, clearly you have yourself an unhealthy type in that person. So whatever label it is, it most likely wont be a general representation or a good one to rely on but blah blah blah.

Maybe not enough information is provided though. Not a lot of "whys" to his behavior, which makes sense because how well might you know why he does what he does? If he purposefully manipulative and what exactly is he trying to manipulate? What sort of aspects will he attempt to manipulate, her into doing something? and if so, what exactly (is there an overall theme to his manipulation, basically). I wonder if unhealthy ISTx might fit. Again, that's a very broad leap and I don't have much to back it up with other than a hunch.
I don't think he realizes he's manipulative. Or I don't know if he knows that what he's doing can cause an unhealthy relationship. My friend is dating him and it seems like he's keeping her at arm's length away, but kind of pulls her back when she threatens to leave. She prefers people who are clingy to the point where it's annoying because it makes her feel wanted and he's just not that person. He does smoke a lot of weed...

Oh, I did say socially confident and manipulative, haha. On the surface, he doesn't seem like it. He's not your psychopath manipulator. I just think he has some self esteem issues of his own, but he's still pretty direct when he's social.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I don't think he realizes he's manipulative. Or I don't know if he knows that what he's doing can cause an unhealthy relationship. My friend is dating him and it seems like he's keeping her at arm's length away, but kind of pulls her back when she threatens to leave. She prefers people who are clingy to the point where it's annoying because it makes her feel wanted and he's just not that person. He does smoke a lot of weed...

Oh, I did say socially confident and manipulative, haha. On the surface, he doesn't seem like it. He's not your psychopath manipulator. I just think he has some self esteem issues of his own, but he's still pretty direct when he's social.
Sounds very unhealthy. You sure you can fairly type someone that unhealthy?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds very unhealthy. You sure you can fairly type someone that unhealthy?
True... I just wanted to know because he and my best friend, who are dating, are opposites. However, not in attracting ways (though they're still together...). While my best friend and I are opposites, yet in magnetic, complimentary ways. He and I- I don't think there is an attraction there. I wanted to know if this information could be used to figure out a type distant/polar from both ESFPs and INTJs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts