Personality Cafe banner

Insomnia

[ESFP] 
Tags
insomnia
4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  DoctorYikes 
#1 ·
Anyone else have problems with insomnia? I've noticed that esfp tend to have irregular sleeping patterns.

I've always had a problem with sleeping at the right time. I use to stay up all night when I was a kid just so I could do it.

When I try to go to sleep without being extremely tired or drunk/high, I stay up laying in bed for an hour and I cant help but notice how hot it is, or how cold it is. I cant help but hear all the noises in the house.

#4 ·
I pretty much don't use the phrase "go to bed." It's more like "pass out." I know my body well enough to know when I will be able to sleep and I don't bother getting in bed when i'm not exhausted enough to sleep.

#5 ·
Oh wow! It's kinda weird that it seems 2 b common with us ESFP type. Not surprising tho cause it's known that we are tha ones who not only hit tha clubs but also know where tha after party is! I love tha night air & lights against tha dark sky. Dunno if I'll ever b able 2 sleep at night or even have any sort of schedule of routines (Ahhhh!) Sometimes I really wish I could because it so pisses people off. Don't wanna take sleeping pills & most things I've tried either work for a very short period of time or not at all. Guess I'm just doomed to always b a night owl. OH WELL.

#6 ·
insomnia?

Ok. Well I'm so bored rite now & of course can't sleep. Stuck in tha house. This sucks! Partied hard this weekend & then a storm came & knocked out all kinds of electricity. Mine was spared. Thank God! Spent all day recouping & now I'm sitting here f'n with my phone typing shit in outter space or sumthin! One of my male friends was visiting me 2day & next thing I know here comes tha man I just broke up with. Awkward? Hell yes! I still have strong feelings for him but it's 2 complicated (he's married) & we agreed 2 b friends. He popped up last week also unannounced & tried 2 get it on with me. Next thing I know his head is between my legs & woah! But that was all that happened & I asked him 2 leave. Which he did. So imagine my surprse 2day. I was able 2 navigate through tha situation with no conflict & played it like like Jimmy Hendricks on guitar. Whew! Not that I'm so proud of that but I care about both of them & don't want 2 cause hurt 2 either of them. Maybe I should take up guitar or bass. Wtf...

#7 ·
it sucks that all good parties last untill 5 in the morning. Now that I have a full time regular job I have to wait till the weekends or I'll mess up my sleeping schedule;(

#13 ·
I'm usually the type to need to be to the point of passing out to get to sleep otherwise I just struggle and that's not good. These days I'm taking a med that seemingly makes it worse and I barely get sleep as it is, but I'm also having a very hard time getting to sleep and spend hours laying there trying to unless I just give in a and take some kind of benzo because I usually have to get up early in the morning.

#14 ·
Same. Had it since I was a kid. My sleeping pattern was becoming really problematic. Falling a sleep at 6~8 in the morning, waking up at 6 in the evening. Sleeping for 13+hours. Went to see a doctor didn't help. But I worked it out though. Here's what I do.

I try to relax all my muscles and really let my body loose. Try to say to myself that it's now time to sleep and that there is no use into thinking about stuff now. From than I'll try to focus on my breathing for as long as possible, it will only take 10~15 minutes until I'll fall asleep. I also noticed that I should leave my arms on the bed instead on my body.

Still I catch myself procrastinating from sleep time to time. I never know when to go to sleep. I never really feel tired. Probably am though. I'm doing it right now actually but I just got this text from a friend whose going out so I'll maybe put some pants on and go lol.

#15 ·
Gotta throw-in, myself. Tons of this rings true for me. I'm horrible about getting to sleep at a 'decent' hour, which generally results in my having problems waking up when I need to be someplace, having to rush out the door, etc. I just get so -engaged- with things, even stupid pointless stuff like playing video games or getting to the end of a book or... anything. I'm energized by the doing, and it's like ya'll say... I don't go to sleep so much as pass out from exhaustion.

Probably been too much self-help beer in this regard over the years.

One quirk I've noticed -- I have a TON of trouble getting to sleep if there's anyone else active in the house. This has been a lifelong issue. Mass-sleepover when the cousins visit? I'm the last one standing. I can think of exceptions, but the fact that they stand out as such says as much as anything else does.

So, I ended up working the overnight shift... does it help? Only somewhat. I stay up too "late" in the morning, instead. I have noticed that trying to watch TV will make knock me right out, though. For a while, that was my sure-fire way to get myself some sleep. Try to watch television on the couch. Skzzz.

I technically CAN fall asleep almost anytime, anywhere... I've crashed in cars, on hardwood floors with the sun shining in my face, I've even fallen asleep draped over an amp cabinet, so it's not as though I need some special routine to crash out. I just have trouble disengaging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.