Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I experience this too. Heh, I thought I was the only one.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I prefer working nights and doing everything at night. The world is just more quiet and peaceful. I like the peace that comes when the extroverts get bored and go to bed.:crazy:

I also like to wake up real early, and I feel the same way during the period before 6 am. I don't do this one as often.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think it's an INTx thing because my father and I both have trouble sleeping and he's an INTJ... We just can't turn our brains off. lol

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
^ Maybe. I've worked overnights for about ten years and I'm neither of the above types (close ... but no cigar). The middle of the night during the summer is my favorite. I can go outside (at the job) and sit on the patio for a while and just think.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
^ Maybe. I've worked overnights for about ten years and I'm neither of the above types (close ... but no cigar). The middle of the night during the summer is my favorite. I can go outside (at the job) and sit on the patio for a while and just think.
Pehaps it is just an introverted thing then? :mellow:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
I have no idea. I've noticed it when I go to conferences also. My roommates will be snoring away, and I'll be up at like ... 4:32 A.M. and NOT be able to go back to sleep. Too much to think about, too many plans, too many ideas. I always want to share them, but I seriously doubt anyone else would appreciate being woken before the crack of dawn.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Night-owl since I was 10.

Introverts come out at night.

But I'm sick of having these eye bags, and looking like a heroin-addict/vampire, so I'm trying to return to a... "more normal" schedule... :frustrating:

Reactions: Zic

·
Registered
196 Posts
My natural sleep schedule (when not constrained by school) is from 2am to 11am, there are just so many interesting things to do in the evening, and I seem to have way more energy at this time anyway.

Maybe it is an introvert thing -- after all, an extrovert would probably get pretty bored with no one to talk to!

Reactions: Sela and Zic

·
Registered
250 Posts
YES I have to take melatonin and sometimes other sleep aids. I feel lazy all day then come 10 pm and for some reason I think that is the time to clean my house and listen to music or whatever.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I prefer working nights and doing everything at night. The world is just more quiet and peaceful. I like the peace that comes when the extroverts get bored and go to bed.:crazy:
Hell to the yes. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Interesting, but I personally don't think that most people could maintain it for very long. Two hours' worth of sleep per night isn't enough even for me - and I typically sleep far less than most people do.

What I find more interesting is the concept of biphasic sleep:

What is a 'natural' sleep pattern? : A Blog Around The Clock

| Sleep We Have Lost: Pre-industrial Slumber in the British Isles | The American Historical Review, . | The History Cooperative

1 - 17 of 17 Posts