Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goodness ! Last night was a killer again. My mind did not want to STOP thinking about stuff. I think I had informaiton overload, because for the past 4 days I spent endless hours researching up on MBTI.

I kept tossing and turning thinking of THIS forum posting about ISTP.. IT WAS INTENSE ! Eventually had to listen to music to just focus on somehting else.

Anyone else ever get insomnia like this ? Other ones is get is dreaming of programming or doing maths. But I can never solve it because Im in this vague sleeping mode.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Same here... especially for the past few days, as well, been only sleeping a few hours a night, also because of trying to understand Te/Ti , Fe/Fi etc... I wish I had a button to stop my brain from thinking, I really do.

It's not like I ever remembering anything I thought about either... That's the biggest problem. At least if I would actually learn something from all this analysis lol... but... hardly.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah, its quite a serious problem for me, especially as sleeping pills don't really work (with the exception of rediculously strong prescription ones that you can't take for too long as they're addictive, and even those only made me feel a bit drowsy). I've found 2 ways of dealing with it; either stop taking things in a few hours before you sleep, as in cut out all sensing so your thinking has time to work, OR physically crash (and hope you land on the bed). I strongly advise the first... and so naturally end up doing the second.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes,
my usual reaction to when i just want to sleep and stop the train of thoughts on just is think of nothing. Do not think of anything, concentrate on heavy breathing and if any idea/thought pops up then just go back to thinking of nothing.I usually fall asleep within 5-10min that way instead of tossing and turning for hours on end.

The other option i use to get rid of the massive amounts of thinking, decisions etc is to just dull the mind with some other interesting information that wont make me go nuts. Read a book, watch a movie, listen to music. Nothing work/life related.

Reactions: Tenshi_rdk

·
Registered
715 Posts
know it, learned to deal with it. two ways to fall asleep, odered by how fast the work for me:
sex/orgasms
autogenic training

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dealing with insomnia: chatting/scrolling through chatroulette until I bore myself to sleep, or video chat with a few friends. Or I ask myself, "What else is there to do?"

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
During college I would get insomnia over-thinking college majors, choosing courses, and thinking about assignments.

It really helps to do something, just get lost in something, especially something physical.

Booze works too, if used wisely. :tongue:

I have the opposite problem nowadays, I get home from a full day working construction and I keep falling asleep in random spots around the house. To work hard all day can be a wonderful thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts