Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, help me with a hypothesis. I think that as a Ne-dom I always need some kind of external trigger to inspire me. I.E. someone gives me a theme to create art with or I borrow from an author's fictional world to expand upon etc. I don't know if this is something that works differently with Ni.

Where do you find inspiration? Is it an epiphany? Is it often triggered? What is your muse?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Look what the wind blew into the INFJ forum.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
My creative expression usually stems from an emotional aspect. I often take whatever strong emotion or feeling that I'm dealing with and use it to drive my creation. I do believe that we all are influenced by other people and that all art is based off what we have experienced with other forms of art or just our interpretation. You can even see it in television and film with different characters. It kinda makes me think of this:

With Ni I think we perceive things, but possibly we are just not as aware that we do as much as Ne users? Maybe Ni users don't realize how much outer influences influence us when it comes to creating. That, or I'm just speaking nonsense because I need caffeine? There's a lot that influences us that we aren't aware of. Or that we are, but don't take into consideration. ?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I try to give you guys attention from time to time. <3
How benevolent of you. Anyway, I'm boycotting ENFPs at the moment. You guys should try your luck with the INTJs.

Reactions: odinthor

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Usually a good amount of solitude will enable me to sort out my head and allow me to express its results into creativity. Often I concoct rhythms and melodies to express what I've concluded about the world. It's like, I take external influence during the weeks, then use Ni to synthesise all of it into something that is all interconnected and makes sense. I do sometimes get inspired by external stuff directly, but only on an idea level. "This would be the craziest thing and it probably shouldn't be realised" is the monologue I often have.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How benevolent of you. Anyway, I'm boycotting ENFPs at the moment. You guys should try your luck with the INTJs.
You break my heart Dissenter! How could you?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My creative expression usually stems from an emotional aspect. I often take whatever strong emotion or feeling that I'm dealing with and use it to drive my creation. I do believe that we all are influenced by other people and that all art is based off what we have experienced with other forms of art or just our interpretation. You can even see it in television and film with different characters. It kinda makes me think of this:

With Ni I think we perceive things, but possibly we are just not as aware that we do as much as Ne users? Maybe Ni users don't realize how much outer influences influence us when it comes to creating. That, or I'm just speaking nonsense because I need caffeine? There's a lot that influences us that we aren't aware of. Or that we are, but don't take into consideration. ?
Hmm, that's kind of what I think, that you don't notice what gives you inspiration, as though it was fed to you subconsciously? Whereas Ne will immediately respond to an outside influence Ni will probably digest it for a little while (or is that your inferior Se at play?),

Reactions: INForJoking

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually a good amount of solitude will enable me to sort out my head and allow me to express its results into creativity. Often I concoct rhythms and melodies to express what I've concluded about the world. It's like, I take external influence during the weeks, then use Ni to synthesise all of it into something that is all interconnected and makes sense. I do sometimes get inspired by external stuff directly, but only on an idea level. "This would be the craziest thing and it probably shouldn't be realised" is the monologue I often have.
Excellent! That's what I imagined. Sounds like a rewarding process. And... "This is the craziest thing therefore it needs to happen" is more along the lines of what I think... 9 times out of 10 it won't even be attempted to be realised but, still.

Reactions: Kirjuri

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You break my heart Dissenter! How could you?
See, this is why the INFJ has to be the dominant, chivalrous one. That was a call for affirmation, Falling.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See, this is why the INFJ has to be the dominant, chivalrous one. That was a call for affirmation, Falling.
Shoot... you can see right through me.

I'm trying. Give me another chance? I can prove myself!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Shoot... you can see right through me.

I'm trying. Give me another chance? I can prove myself!
Don't change a hair for me; not if you care for me.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Hmm, that's kind of what I think, that you don't notice what gives you inspiration, as though it was fed to you subconsciously?
Ain't necessarily the Se directly. Remember, Ni is able to generate content simply by imagining what must fall between the pieces of Se data. Se data gets mulled over and over until the original source gets muddled. It's true we aren't conscious of what caused the inspiration because it isn't just one or two things around us. It's those things in tandem with hundreds of other data points and a whole world concocted inside them. Those few things might inspire the process but not the entirety.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Solitude along with beautiful surroundings. Also, music really seems to stimulate my Ni. I guess it's the same with Kirjuri.

* Yes, it's mostly an epiphany.
* Not as often as I'd like.
* Beauty is my muse.

@Falling Foxes

Do share your hypothesis with us once you have formed it. <3

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
@Kirjuri

I'm curious. What's your composing style? Do you start with motifs and themes and then build on them with ornamentation?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't change a hair for me; not if you care for me.

So completely romantic. It's like you understand my soul like no one else could.

Reactions: Dissenter

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm curious. What's your composing style? Do you start with motifs and themes and then build on them with ornamentation?
Good question. I might start out with just about anything. My latest composition is based on a rhythmic comp on the piano without overriding melody. I then added drums, a groovy bassline and vocals to it. Lyrics are yet to be made, I might let my friend have a go at that. Some of my more classical pieces are based on a few motifs around which I build secondary melodies and harmonies to tie them together. I also like to start out with ostinati. Much of my composition is sitting in front of the piano and listening to nifty harmonies.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
So completely romantic. It's like you understand my soul like no one else could.
That's better!

And I'm honoured by the compliment. Although, I haven't even started yet.

Reactions: Falling Foxes
1 - 20 of 109 Posts